Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Was at Rockwerchter festival last night. Great show put on by Pearl Jam. The best act on the main stage all day by a long way. Kicked off at 11pm until 1am.

Eddie did a duet of Imagine with Jack Johnson and the band brought out Kim from Soundgarden and Wayne Kramer for a version of Kick Out the Jams.

On a side note Jack White was very good but definitely failed to ignite the crowd with a lot of material from his new album. Played a few White Stripes / Raconteurs numbers too which kept people happy. You have to admire his ambition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Berlin was fantastic.

We got there early as we wanted the poster. So were in the 10C queue for a few hours. Got a perfect spot inside though.

It was hot!!

Set list wasn't my perfect one but sure it never would be. Loved every minute regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Looking forward to O2 on Tuesday. Because I got ticket only last week I have to collect at the O2 so gonna get there as early as possible to get them (And hopefully a T-shirt or two). Have only been to the O2 in London once before (Led Zeppelin over 10 years ago). Wasn't seated then. Seat now not great (Would have preferred standing) but hey, a ticket's a ticket. Anyone know the cost of T-shirts/posters in the UK leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to O2 on Tuesday. Because I got ticket only last week I have to collect at the O2 so gonna get there as early as possible to get them (And hopefully a T-shirt or two). Have only been to the O2 in London once before (Led Zeppelin over 10 years ago). Wasn't seated then. Seat now not great (Would have preferred standing) but hey, a ticket's a ticket. Anyone know the cost of T-shirts/posters in the UK leg?

T shirts were £25/£30, not sure the price of the posters

O2 is a great place, only went for the first time for the first London PJ show a few weeks ago. Didn't expect the place to be a massive complex full of restaurants/bars etc. The Arena itself is only a small portion of the dome. U can actually go in there even if ur not going to an event and try a grab a listen from one of the bars ha

Delighted that I decided to do Krakow and Berlin late in proceedings, two really fun shows surrounded by some very relaxing days in two amazing cities.

I got to hear Other Side in Krakow and Thumbing My Way in Berlin, and both tunes sounded pristine (Thankfully they weren't placed in the first 5 or so songs of the set ;)). I was just in a silent world of my own among 20,000 people for those tunes.

I've had great fun in Amsterdam, Krakow and Berlin. So much so that I couldn't resist the sound of London (2) calling. Just booked my flights this morning and I'm now looking for a spare 10c GA ticket for next Tuesday.

It's just been a great tour and I don't want it to end. On that note, it's early days of course, but there's word on the ground that the boys might be back to Europe next year. To add to that, it might have been just lip service to a fan on the street, but a central PJ member says Ireland will be included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Well was anyone else in Barcelona?? Amazing gig. Was so so delighted they sang yellow Ledbetter.
    Only slight annoyance was our seats. They were in the upper section 315. Literally could not see a thing. The lights just blinded everything else out. Only lasted 1 song up there and then we managed to sneak down into seats in 114! 100% better.
    Counting the sleeps now till London on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Jgordo wrote: »
    Well was anyone else in Barcelona?? Amazing gig. Was so so delighted they sang yellow Ledbetter.
    Only slight annoyance was our seats. They were in the upper section 315. Literally could not see a thing. The lights just blinded everything else out. Only lasted 1 song up there and then we managed to sneak down into seats in 114! 100% better.
    Counting the sleeps now till London on Tuesday.

Yeah I was there, standing with a great view of the stage. What a setlist! Pretty much everything I wanted to hear. And Baba O'Reilly was an unexpected treat.

Delighted that I decided to do Krakow and Berlin late in proceedings, two really fun shows surrounded by some very relaxing days in two amazing cities.

I got to hear Other Side in Krakow and Thumbing My Way in Berlin, and both tunes sounded pristine (Thankfully they weren't placed in the first 5 or so songs of the set ;)). I was just in a silent world of my own among 20,000 people for those tunes.

I've had great fun in Amsterdam, Krakow and Berlin. So much so that I couldn't resist the sound of London (2) calling. Just booked my flights this morning and I'm now looking for a spare 10c GA ticket for next Tuesday.

It's just been a great tour and I don't want it to end. On that note, it's early days of course, but there's word on the ground that the boys might be back to Europe next year. To add to that, it might have been just lip service to a fan on the street, but a central PJ member says Ireland will be included.

Really hoping that the last paragraph is true. Where through ???. 3Arena, outdoor venue such as Malahide Castle, Marlay park, Croke Park ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

This is the Google translate from today's El País website... Just the first paragraph. PJ were epic last night in Madrid.

"It would be necessary to eliminate all the possible adjectives, to make disappear the capital letters and the esdrújulas, to swallow a boat of tranquillizers and to breathe deep, as if it contemplated a Martian appearance, before being able to write a single line of the concert given last night by Pearl Jam in the festival Mad Cool All that being done, there would be no other option: it would remain apotheosis, legendary, mythical. Like a meteor hitting the Earth."

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really hoping that the last paragraph is true. Where through ???. 3Arena, outdoor venue such as Malahide Castle, Marlay park, Croke Park ??

Yeah I hope so too, it's been far too long.

As for whether that thing about Ireland was actually said - I trust the friend who told me. It was his own good friend who bumped into ****e in Europe, and used his 20 seconds to ask 'Hey, what about Ireland?'. 'We're hoping next year' was reportedly the response.

I trust this encounter happened. However, the band member could have been just idealistic, hopeful or simply kind to a fan, rather than factual. We'll see I guess.

As for the prospect of Euro 2019 happening, I think it was at one of the Italian shows that Eddie gave the 'See you next year' line at the end of the concert. Also, rumours among fans at the gigs and on the fan-pages that there will be some form of a stop in Europe next year to promote a new album.

If Ireland, I think it has to be the 3 Arena. Generally, we do not do outdoor concerts well in this country. Logistically it is taxing and draining on the concert-goer, the weather is too unpredictable, the sound restrictions and challenges can also be problematic. If PJ return to Ireland, I'll settle for them playing in any purpose-built venue. I guess as our biggest venue of that description, it would have to be the 3 Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

This is the Google translate from today's El País website... Just the first paragraph. PJ were epic last night in Madrid.

"It would be necessary to eliminate all the possible adjectives, to make disappear the capital letters and the esdrújulas, to swallow a boat of tranquillizers and to breathe deep, as if it contemplated a Martian appearance, before being able to write a single line of the concert given last night by Pearl Jam in the festival Mad Cool All that being done, there would be no other option: it would remain apotheosis, legendary, mythical. Like a meteor hitting the Earth."

They were ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Epic gig in Lisbon. Great setlist. Rocking in the free world with Jack White was awesome.

Enjoy all u lucky bastards over for the London 2 show. I'd say ye will get an unreal show

Not bad for a show suppose to happen a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Enjoy all u lucky bastards over for the London 2 show. I'd say ye will get an unreal show

Not bad for a show suppose to happen a month ago

That was a great great show. Heard some songs I never thought I'd hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Oceans to start......you b@stards!!!

Brilliant set list,I really hope all that attended enjoyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

AMAZING. I feel a little broken this morning though!! Totally worth it.

It was great thanks. I was a little skeptical regarding this tour as there was no new album to promote it, but if anything it allowed them to really cherrypick over the back catalogue.

Delighted that Riot Act got well represented, as it's been overlooked quite a bit anytime that I've seen them.

Unreal set last night.

Me going to see them last night: I've seen them a few times. This could be a gig where I hear songs I've already heard, and I'm completely okay with that.

Me when they open with Oceans: I'm so happy. I've always, ALWAYS wanted to hear Oceans!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Unreal set last night.

33 songs ,4 covers inc Baba O'Riley ,I'd like to have heard that.
    Jeremy played but no Black ,I cannot fathom why they alternate those 2 .

A bit off topic but the boxes in the O2 looked empty last night ,it was a similar case for the first gig last month .
    A crying shame.

Hopefully the rumours of them coming to Ireland next year are true.
    2 nights in the 3Arena would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Zardoz wrote: »

A bit off topic but the boxes in the O2 looked empty last night ,it was a similar case for the first gig last month .
    A crying shame.

Yup was really pissed off seeing that at the last gig, especially cuz i was in the top tier :rolleyes:

Raging that ye got rearviewmirror last night :( but glad we got Black

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really hope the rumours of a gig next year are true, dunno if I'd be in a position for travelling next year.

Bootlegs getting released shortly, will definitely be getting the Berlin one.

Mushy wrote: »
    Really hope the rumours of a gig next year are true, dunno if I'd be in a position for travelling next year.

Bootlegs getting released shortly, will definitely be getting the Berlin one.

Would you buy them as a download or hard copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I was in one of the boxes last night. In general, they were quite empty which was strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Incredible show though, I was lucky to have seen them in Belgium a couple weeks back but I think last night was better

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Zardoz wrote: »
    Jeremy played but no Black ,I cannot fathom why they alternate those.

Not quite the same as it was a festival gig but we got both Jeremy and Black at Mad Cool.
    Also got Lukin, State of Love and Trust, and Rearviewmirror. Pretty much a dream setlist for me and went down really well with the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Layne wrote: »
    Not quite the same as it was a festival gig but we got both Jeremy and Black at Mad Cool.
    Also got Lukin, State of Love and Trust, and Rearviewmirror. Pretty much a dream setlist for me and went down really well with the crowd.

Same in Lisbon.

Almost perfect setlist for me.

Low Light
    Better Man (with "Save It for Later" tag)
    Go
    Mind Your Manners
    Do the Evolution
    Given to Fly
    Interstellar Overdrive (Pink Floyd cover)
    Corduroy
    Rats
    Even Flow
    Daughter (with "W.M.A." and "It's Ok/… more )
    Unthought Known
    Down
    Jeremy
    Can't Deny Me
    In My Tree
    Black (with "We Belong Together" tag)
    Lukin
    Rearviewmirror

Encore:

Imagine (John Lennon cover)
    Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd cover)
    Porch (with "Seven Nation Army" tag)
    Alive
    Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover) (with Jack White)

Didn't knw a lot of the songs on the London 2 setlist but getting a 3 hour show is not too bad for all who went and they really dig deep into there catalogue

Obv thrilled to bits that I saw them this time last month and got a great show even though Eddies voice was not 100%. In the back of my head im a bit annoyed I didn't see them at there best due to that issue but I heard some gems that nignt cause of his voice issues. TBH I wasn't aware of his voice troubles until the next day when I heard the 2nd show got postponed

Really hoping they play Ireland next year or sometime soon.

Tour recordings are been released in the next week or 2. Deff purchasing a recording of London 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Yup was really pissed off seeing that at the last gig, especially cuz i was in the top tier :rolleyes:

Raging that ye got rearviewmirror last night :( but glad we got Black

The top tier looks really high up in the O2 .
    They'd have been better off scrapping the boxes ,they look out of place in the arena.
    I was near the back of the lower level , Block 101 and when I was looking up the top tier was way above me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Loved every second of that gig last night. Big fan of Riot Act so the tracks from that album were great. Other highlights - Fatal, Around The Bend, Whipping, NAIS, Satan's Bed.....so many! Greatest band in the world.

Advertisement