Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Would you buy them as a download or hard copy?

I'll just go with download myself. Relive it all

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    The top tier looks really high up in the O2 .
    They'd have been better off scrapping the boxes ,they look out of place in the arena.
    I was near the back of the lower level , Block 101 and when I was looking up the top tier was way above me.

There high enough but u don't feel it when you're up there. It's an amazing place but food and drink prices are through the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There high enough but u don't feel it when you're up there. It's an amazing place but food and drink prices are through the roof

Yeah drink was 6.50 a pint I think .

Nice place but the airport security is completely over the top and the queues at the box office can be a nightmare too.
    I had E tickets for the gig there but couldnt get the app to work on my phone and they wouldnt let me scan the pdf ticket off my phone so I had to go to the box office and get it printed out .
    They had to call a supervisor to ok the tickets being printed out ,never saw the like of it ,ludicrous to be honest.

I'd prefer the 3arena to it ,much more relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Zardoz wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »

Yeah drink was 6.50 a pint I think .

Nice place but the airport security is completely over the top and the queues at the box office can be a nightmare too.
    I had E tickets for the gig there but couldnt get the app to work on my phone and they wouldnt let me scan the pdf ticket off my phone so I had to go to the box office and get it printed out .
    They had to call a supervisor to ok the tickets being printed out ,never saw the like of it ,ludicrous to be honest.

I'd prefer the 3arena to it ,much more relaxed atmosphere.

I felt sorry for one bloke who had to throw out his food (no food was allowed in).

Money making bs.

fluke wrote: »
    I felt sorry for one bloke who had to throw out his food (no food was allowed in).

Money making bs.

Crazy too when you think of all the places inside the dome. Surely if it was bought inside they should be allowed bring it into the arena part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, was maddening to see all the VIP boxes empty. I think it's very disprectful. You don't wanna go? give the tickets to someone who does or return them or something. Still....

Really enjoyed that. Thought the band gave it loads. Crowd was great too. I preferred the Eddie Vedder show in The Point last year: Smaller venue, great craic and VERY enthusiastic audience. But I suppose it's comparing apples and oranges.

Great set (Did many miss "All Along The Watchtower" at the end?). Band were in top form.and, as I said, crowd were great. Kind of glad I wasn't able to get standing tickets (Which I usually prefer). From my seat in the nosebleeds (Still with great view/sound) it seemed pretty crazy.

456143.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Yeah, was maddening to see all the VIP boxes empty. I think it's very disprectful. You don't wanna go? give the tickets to someone who does or return them or something. Still....

Really enjoyed that. Thought the band gave it loads. Crowd was great too. I preferred the Eddie Vedder show in The Point last year: Smaller venue, great craic and VERY enthusiastic audience. But I suppose it's comparing apples and oranges.

Great set (Did many miss "All Along The Watchtower" at the end?). Band were in top form.and, as I said, crowd were great. Kind of glad I wasn't able to get standing tickets (Which I usually prefer). From my seat in the nosebleeds (Still with great view/sound) it seemed pretty crazy.

In theory I wasn't too far from you (block 404). I think a good few left once the lights went up at the apparent end (YL).

https://pearljam.com/news/2018-europe-bootleg-schedule-part-1

Amsterdam 1 and 2 are out now
    London 1 is out the 31st July

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

London 1 poster up on the website for those interested

London 1 poster up on the website for those interested

And the bootleg has just been added. Going to buy it now works out as €12 or so euro for the mp3.

Edit actually only cost €8.60

• Advertisement

Few more bootlegs up, got the Berlin one at last!

How could I forget the mess up for Lukin?

Mushy wrote: »
    Few more bootlegs up, got the Berlin one at last!

How could I forget the mess up for Lukin?

Pity the website hasn’t put up the Amsterdam 1 poster!! Managed to get the London 1 one when it went up....for all of 18 hours or so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads do posters for all their recent gigs usually go back on sale on the site or is it random?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Lads do posters for all their recent gigs usually go back on sale on the site or is it random?
    Yes or on the poster artists website randomly..a lot have been released on the pearljam.com website already and sold out major fast..You need to be a paying member of ten club to buy and its 1 per person as far as i know..a good indicator of a poster drop is soon after that gigs bootleg has been released so expect Berlin soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Yes or on the poster artists website randomly..a lot have been released on the pearljam.com website already and sold out major fast..You need to be a paying member of ten club to buy and its 1 per person as far as i know..a good indicator of a poster drop is soon after that gigs bootleg has been released so expect Berlin soon!

Thanks man, I was at Berlin so that's the one I'm looking for. I'm verging into PJ obsession at this stage so signing up to 10Club is probably the sensible thing to do :)

Same here..im dithering over whether to sign up or not but think there are 2 options..digital and analogue and 1 is far cheaper☺

www.kindredstudio.net/shop/pearl-jam-chicago1

Wrigley 1 Chicago available here.

If any 10c member isn't buying a Berlin poster, I'd be forever in debt if one could be got for me. Couldn't get it over there as was awkward for rest of holiday, but kinda want to keep the collection up

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Mushy wrote: »
    If any 10c member isn't buying a Berlin poster, I'd be forever in debt if one could be got for me. Couldn't get it over there as was awkward for rest of holiday, but kinda want to keep the collection up

Not on 10c at the minute . If you see one on it send me a pm and i will grab one for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I met one of the Irish “superfans” after the second London show. Paula I think her name was. To say she was borderline weird and obsessive is an understatement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

s8n wrote: »
    I met one of the Irish “superfans” after the second London show. Paula I think her name was. To say she was borderline weird and obsessive is an understatement

a bit fcuking harsh ? :confused::(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I met Dimitri in Berlin. There is no greater superfan.

I met him in Amsterdam,a proper Gent....and a Legend!!

s8n wrote: »
    Oiiii..borderline weird and obsessive is the norm with this band :D

Dimi is the ledg but Donna Ellis needs her own fan page..cracks me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'd love to meet that guy. His legend is well known!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'd love to meet that guy. His legend is well known!

Meet him a couple of times , nice lad . Got a really cool pearl jam badge off him in Milan 4 years ago which made a really nice souvenir . He stood in front of me at Chicago 2 years ago , was shocked to see how much time he spent on his phone when gig was on !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WOW....

A PEarl Jam thread that is sooo bereft of news and gigs (in Ireland) , that it resorts to talking about 'Super' fans !!!!

*They've not bothered since 2010.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

exilec wrote: »
    Meet him a couple of times , nice lad . Got a really cool pearl jam badge off him in Milan 4 years ago which made a really nice souvenir . He stood in front of me at Chicago 2 years ago , was shocked to see how much time he spent on his phone when gig was on !

He reports the setlists onto the PJ official forums. Always a running commentary from him which is why he's on his phone I'd say!

greenspurs wrote: »
    WOW....

A PEarl Jam thread that is sooo bereft of news and gigs (in Ireland) , that it resorts to talking about 'Super' fans !!!!

*They've not bothered since 2010.

Beats doing the reasons why they haven't played here since then again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They didn't play Ireland this year. :confused::confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement