Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The WORST gig I have ever seen - Bob Dylan , Nowlan Park - 2006 (?)

Shocking, self indulgent , non performance. Never again.

Pearl Jam were amazing in Hyde Park in 2010, 90,000 there.
    I got to the very front , right in front of McCready. Cant beat an outdoor gig.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

greenspurs wrote: »

Each to their own I guess but I thought that was a class gig, if its the one I'm thinking of. I think he played there twice though so might be a different one.

Edit: Sorry, 2001 is the one I'm thinking of. That was great. I thought he was really good the last time in the point (last year probably). He's been poor a few times in the interim though but in general I would say he is good, but vastly different than what you hear on record.

So is this happening or what!?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

greenspurs wrote: »

If that's the one where Flaming Lips and Mundy were the support, I agree. Dylan didn't turn to face the crowd once. All his songs were either with his side or back to the crowd. He was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

So is this happening or what!?

They usually announce Euro tours the first week or 2 in December.....I’m not holding my breath but would love it to happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Pearl Jem are on in the Academy tonight. Great tribute band.

What are we thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What are we thinking?

It's unlikely they will play here next summer as by this time last year they had announced the 2018 Euro Tour

But you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's past the early December stage a tour is usually announced. Even after that article it was unlikely. Can't see many more gigs happening in Malahide either, especially after that Gallagher lad was announced

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

I’ve seen some chat on some fan sites that there will be an announcement on Monday. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Jgordo wrote: »
    I’ve seen some chat on some fan sites that there will be an announcement on Monday. Fingers crossed.

hopefully but on the other hand its a balls of a time to buy tickets and prob be mid june when i have other concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Jgordo wrote: »

I think they are just going to announce the release of a dvd from one of the gigs they did this year

spindex wrote: »
    I think they are just going to announce the release of a dvd from one of the gigs they did this year

Now id love that

Hardly be out in time for Xmas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Don't shoot the messenger because i can not see this happening either !. A friend of mine is working for fingal co co and he is adamant that pearl jam is coming to malahide . He says is all confirmed and being released in a week or so . Even gave the date sun 23rd June. I travelled the states and europe seeing them would be amazing so see them so close to where i live .I am trying not to get too excited yet because not a word about any other venue in uk or europe. Newsletter comes out for tenclub the 10th of each month so might hear something soon . Fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

exilec wrote: »
    Don't shoot the messenger because i can not see this happening either !. A friend of mine is working for fingal co co and he is adamant that pearl jam is coming to malahide . He says is all confirmed and being released in a week or so . Even gave the date sun 23rd June. I travelled the states and europe seeing them would be amazing so see them so close to where i live .I am trying not to get too excited yet because not a word about any other venue in uk or europe. Newsletter comes out for tenclub the 10th of each month so might hear something soon . Fingers crossed .

I'm finding it unlikely that this will happen but that hasn't stopped me booking a hotel just in case 😂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I'm holding off booking holidays until this is sorted. Bucket list band to see.

if that date is the case than june or me looks like this

8th June- Metallica Slane
    15th June- Bon Jovi RDS
    23rd June- Pearl Jam Malahide possibly

well its not as bad as this year when i hate to travel too London to see PJ and then next day travel to Manchester for Foo Fighters

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they do play Dublin could that meant they are set to play Glasto?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That'd be a good shout. Still can't see a tour happening, but this bit of hope has me dreaming

I thought that'd be the case but if this date (Sunday 23rd June) is right then I'd guess they aren't doing Glastonbury as Stormzy is headlining the Friday night. Can't see Pearl Jam doing Glastonbury Saturday and malahide Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I thought that'd be the case but if this date (Sunday 23rd June) is right then I'd guess they aren't doing Glastonbury as Stormzy is headlining the Friday night. Can't see Pearl Jam doing Glastonbury Saturday and malahide Sunday

Could still happen as Glastonbury is on 26th-30th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

[QUOTE=exilec;108837899]A friend of mine is working for fingal co co and he is adamant that pearl jam is coming to malahide . He says is all confirmed and being released in a week or so[/QUOTE]

I was told around the end of October or start of November that this is 100% happening too, hadn't heard anything in a while but was confirmed again a few nights ago.
    The person who told me is involved with organising all of the gigs in Malahide Castle (and elsewhere).

I wouldn't normally repeat that sort of info as I know how inaccurate information can be (a friend of a friend etc), only for the person that it came from, I am certain that they believe it is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I’m very tempted to book a hotel room in Dublin for the 23rd with free cancellation based on what is being said here.

Rooms aren’t exactly cheap to begin with on that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

I’m very tempted to book a hotel room in Dublin for the 23rd with free cancellation based on what is being said here.

Rooms aren’t exactly cheap to begin with on that night.

Indeed they aren't... height of the tourist season...the airport hotels will be slightly cheaper though

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I have a glastonbury ticket so if this happens i will literally sh#@e in my kecks..and may even forgive them booking stormzy as headliner.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Could still happen as Glastonbury is on 26th-30th June.

Haha one time I'm extremely happy to have mixed up dates!

After travelling to the UK this summer to see Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters it's nice too see them playing Ireland in 2019

Any know what time the tenclub newsletter usually drops on the 10th of the month?..

Twas the night before christmas..or maybe not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Any know what time the tenclub newsletter usually drops on the 10th of the month?..

Twas the night before christmas..or maybe not :D

No, but there is a tread dedicated to it on fan club site. Sure it will be announced here first.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/233891/tomorrows-the-10th/p159

• Advertisement

Snow Patrol announced for Malahide and Forbidden Fruit announcement aswell..b@ll!x..ok i'll shut up now.

Advertisement