Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Any know what time the tenclub newsletter usually drops on the 10th of the month?..

Twas the night before christmas..or maybe not :D

Will probably be between 3pm and 5pm for us. Mine never comes through quickly. They don't normally drop tour news in the newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

As suspected, nothing in the newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Bollox. 23rd of June is Body & Soul weekend...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Damn you all. To hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Penfailed wrote: »
    Bollox. 23rd of June is Body & Soul weekend...

I don't think this would have any impact on a PJ gig though....not that it's happening anyways... but I'll clutch at any feckin straws now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah one of those things both relived (about not having to fork out for a ticket) and disappointed

How many gigs can Malahide Castle hold a year ??. They have 5 booked so far

Fri 7th June- Snow Patrol
    Sat 8th June- The Cure (same day as slane)
    Sun 16th June- Noel Gallagher and HFB (same day as Bon Jovi RDS)
    Fri 21 June- George Ezra
    Sat 22nd June- Lana Del Ray

Suppose there's other venues Pearl Jam could play like Marley Park, royal kilmainham hospital and 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah one of those things both relived (about not having to fork out for a ticket) and disappointed

How many gigs can Malahide Castle hold a year ??. They have 5 booked so far

I think in previous years, it was max 5. It has been mentioned a few times on other forums, and maybe here.
    If PJ was the 23rd, that would be a fairly heavy weekend for the town.
    Weird the Noel Gallagher is the only gig that weekend.

Suckit wrote: »
    Weird the Noel Gallagher is the only gig that weekend.

Bon Jovi in the RDS (15th/16th June) is the only other major show in Dublin that weekend

The June concert season can be crowded

Bon Jovi in the RDS (15th/16th June) is the only other major show in Dublin that weekend

The June concert season can be crowded
    Yeah, sorry, I meant in Malahide Castle. Both other weekends seem to have two dates so far.

Yeah, sorry, I meant in Malahide Castle. Both other weekends seem to have two dates so far.

Be stupid if they had Pearl Jam play Malahide Castle the Fri 14th or Sat 15th June

Possibly like Metallica/Cure could cause a lot of fans having too choose which show to attend (fans of PJ and Bon Jovi).

• Advertisement

Be stupid if they had Pearl Jam play Malahide Castle the Fri 14th or Sat 15th June

Possibly like Metallica/Cure could cause a lot of fans having too choose which show to attend (fans of PJ and Bon Jovi).

Wasn't thinking that, I think somebody said the date mentioned was 23rd for PJ.

I hadn't heard a date.

I just meant that with Fri and Sat the week before and Fri and Sat the week after, that it looked odd that Noel Gallagher was the only act on the middle weekend and on the Sunday.
    They could have applied for 9 gigs (although I doubt the locals would like that).

Last year there was 5

Tuesday, June 5th LCD Soundsystem
    Friday June 8th Kodaline
    Saturday June 9th Gorillaz
    Friday June 15th Liam Gallagher
    Saturday June 16th Chic

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

When playing solo, didn't Eddie Vedder say that he would bring the band to Cork? I wonder would that be a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ekano wrote: »
    When playing solo, didn't Eddie Vedder say that he would bring the band to Cork? I wonder would that be a possibility?

Bands say a lot of things, so never really take it as a given.

This gig is a very slim possibility. Not many rumours circulating of a tour, normally announce earlier. Mcd would love to get it in for the Christmas market, so if not next week, I'd say it's dead and buried.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bands say a lot of things, so never really take it as a given.

This gig is a very slim possibility. Not many rumours circulating of a tour, normally announce earlier. Mcd would love to get it in for the Christmas market, so if not next week, I'd say it's dead and buried.

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't they be pretty confident that Pearl Jam would sell out, and the amount of gigs that are on sale already for next year might detract from it. They could put this on sale in January and it would sell out even with everyone broke.

Also, didn't Pearl Jam say something at their last gig, that they would be taking a break to record, for a long while?

I still believe they will be playing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't they be pretty confident that Pearl Jam would sell out, and the amount of gigs that are on sale already for next year might detract from it. They could put this on sale in January and it would sell out even with everyone broke.

People would travel from far and wide for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I dont think we will be seeing the band in Malahide ,it just doesn't make financial sense,its too small a venue.
    The capacity is only 20,000 and we've already discussed ad nauseam about Pearl Jams appearance fee being over 1m euro.
    Ticket prices would have to be well over 100 euro for it to be a viable option .
    I just dont think its a runner.

I dont think we will be seeing the band in Malahide ,it just doesn't make financial sense,its too small a venue.
    The capacity is only 20,000 and we've already discussed ad nauseam about Pearl Jams appearance fee being over 1m euro.
    Ticket prices would have to be well over 100 euro for it to be a viable option .

The O2 arena in London is 20,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I have it on VERY good authority that PJ in Malahide is a done deal. Holding back announcing it as there's been a spate of big gig annoucements recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

I have it on VERY good authority that PJ in Malahide is a done deal. Holding back announcing it as there's been a spate of big gig annoucements recently.

I don't know whether I love you or hate you right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

Pearl Jam would surely play a bigger venue than Malahide, especially as they haven't played in Dublin since 2010 and demand would be massive for a PJ show, maybe Eddie is touring solo again next summer, he tends to to that and then tour with PJ after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Eddie Vedder solo was 100 odd a few years ago, no reason why the band wouldn't charge more than that.

Gigs like those in Malahide do attract a lot more casual fans than an indoor / 3 Arena gig would; the whole FOMO and all day session approach. Therefore the tickets may not quite be as much as the solo gig was. Who knows.

Curious as to who will support - hopefully not Hansard, but you imagine he'll be along for the ride at some point.

Same as that. I don't want the person that told me to see this page, so I can't use word for word. But it is also VERY good authority.

I don't bet, if I did and if I could figure out how to, I would put a lot of my money on this, with the condition that it's moot if something happens to cause it to be cancelled.

As far as I am concerned/believe, -right now- this gig is definitely going ahead. I'm not easily convinced, and I have been reading this thread and the thread linked here, and other posts that say there's no way it's going ahead. They don't convince me over the person that told me it is.

Edit - and yes, I will feel foolish for believing that person if this doesn't happen.

Gigs like those in Malahide do attract a lot more casual fans than an indoor / 3 Arena gig would; the whole FOMO and all day session approach. Therefore the tickets may not quite be as much as the solo gig was. Who knows.

Curious as to who will support - hopefully not Hansard, but you imagine he'll be along for the ride at some point.

If it does happen, it's likely there's be no support. They do at least 2.5 hours, rare for them to have support now.

I don't think I agree with it not being announced due to other gig announcements. This one would be as big as others announced.

But I really hope my pessimism is wrong here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

And did your source concur with the date previously mentioned?

edit: have we any sleuths who can find out the number of gigs approved at Malahide per annum, and when the licences are applied for / granted?

UsedToWait wrote: »

edit: have we any sleuths who can find out the number of gigs approved at Malahide per annum, and when the licences are applied for / granted?
    Not sure of the number of gigs allowed per annum, but I was told today (by somebody different, and this one is from a friend of a friend), that Florence and the Machine are also going to play there (he said that they were to be the final act announced).
    Re: date, I never heard a date. I have asked for info as to when it will be announced though, but I doubt I am on any list to pass info on to.

UsedToWait wrote: »

Not sure of the number of gigs allowed per annum, but I was told today (by somebody different, and this one is from a friend of a friend), that Florence and the Machine are also going to play there (he said that they were to be the final act announced).
    Re: date (for me, i know the question wasn't adressing me..), I never heard a date. I have asked for info as to when it will be announced though, but I doubt I am on any list to pass info on to.

They would defo have support. That'd be a doors open 4pm / first act on at 5pm sort of gig. Most of those open air concerts are like that.

For sure PJ might start earlier, as there would be strict curfews in place due, though they've never really worried about that before! Saying that it's a residential area so the rules might be tougher.

I saw them in Rome, played 3 hours! So long in fact we left at what we thought was the end - and missed Black, Alive, Rearviewmirror, and Rockin in the Free World. :(

They would defo have support. That'd be a doors open 4pm / first act on at 5pm sort of gig. Most of those open air concerts are like that.

For sure PJ might start earlier, as there would be strict curfews in place due, though they've never really worried about that before! Saying that it's a residential area so the rules might be tougher.

I saw them in Rome, played 3 hours! So long in fact we left at what we thought was the end - and missed Black, Alive, Rearviewmirror, and Rockin in the Free World. :(

Didn't have support this year and gates opening times were similar. Ideally they would, but isn't too common with them anymore.

Never leave unless the last song played was RITFW, Yellow Leadbetter....it's almost a rule at this stage for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I admire the positive folk here. I just really don't see this happening. They have made no announcements for any festivals, there is already something like 5 gigs in Malahide next year, there won't be anymore.

Advertisement