Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Pearl jam are a heritage act now and it's surprising that they don't play Ireland anymore. I hope the person posting about this Malahide concert isn't the same poster who told us Radiohead would play EP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Metallica is first in 8/9 years so skipped a bit, Alice in chains are non-existent on these shores. Black stone cherry, considering amount of UK shows, are rare. Ghost only doing first show next year so skipped a lot. Would include Tool but it's their first time skipping since last tour. Smashing pumpkins appear to be skipping, as do Weezer.

With that reasoning of the venue choices, exact same could be said for PJ...maybe suitable places are booked for others and doesnt fit the touring schedule

Metallica are here, Tool tour less than Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins skipped everywhere bar Italy and England in Europe on their comeback tour. AIC are charging silly amount. BSC are certainly not rare far from it have toured multiple times since the second album been here every album cycle bar Kentucky, personally seen them 3 times in the last 4 years in Dublin and better still they played Cork and Limerick over that period too unlike other bands. Weezer I'll give ya dying to see them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Metallica are here, Tool tour less than Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins skipped everywhere bar Italy and England in Europe on their comeback tour. AIC are charging silly amount. BSC are certainly not rare far from it have toured multiple times since the second album been here every album cycle bar Kentucky, personally seen them 3 times in the last 4 years in Dublin and better still they played Cork and Limerick over that period too unlike other bands. Weezer I'll give ya dying to see them ;)

Pumpkins I was more referring to the upcoming one, do the October shows count as a tour?. But their last one was 08. Yeah Metallica are here, but it's first time in ages so they did skip quite a bit before this one. Some of those listed, their tours are more extensive than PJ too (4 week stints is all they seem to do, and at that there can be a string of days off in-between, so limits it even more). But bands skipping Ireland is common, rare bands will come round twice in quick succession (Could be down to the lack of an Oxegen style festival too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Mushy wrote: »
    Pumpkins I was more referring to the upcoming one, do the October shows count as a tour?. But their last one was 08. Yeah Metallica are here, but it's first time in ages so they did skip quite a bit before this one. Some of those listed, their tours are more extensive than PJ too (4 week stints is all they seem to do, and at that there can be a string of days off in-between, so limits it even more). But bands skipping Ireland is common, rare bands will come round twice in quick succession (Could be down to the lack of an Oxegen style festival too)

Electric Picnic is Oxegen is disguise, nothing different and far from the original EP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hoboo wrote: »
    Electric Picnic is Oxegen is disguise, nothing different and far from the original EP

Oh it is, but they don't really go for the same style acts as say Rock Werchter, which Oxegen would have been more aligned with band-wise (before it went downhill)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trio in the pub played 'last kiss' and 'rocking in the free world'

It's a sign

Let me sleep its Christmas time

Sitting in a pub alone listening to this on my headphones lol

Really love a pearl jam Irish show in 2019. I'll rejoice that glorious day I've seen them for the first time in London on the 18th June 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Been thinking about this, the likely date for a Pearl Jam gig is June 15th. Why? This is what the weekends look like at the moment:

7th / 8th June: Snow Patrol / The Cure
    15th / 16th June: ? / Noel Gallagher
    21st / 22nd June: George Ezra / Lana Del Rey

Is there a fourth weekend planned? If so then the 28th / 29th would be it. I read somewhere that they are allowed 4 weekends in Malahide.

Other than that, the 15th is the only date available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Been thinking about this, the likely date for a Pearl Jam gig is June 15th. Why? This is what the weekends look like at the moment:

Is there a fourth weekend planned? If so then the 28th / 29th would be it. I read somewhere that they are allowed 4 weekends in Malahide.

Stop ................... Just STOP with the madness wont yaa !!!! :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Aparently two other acts to be announced as well as the announcement of PJ/EV.
    One is supposedly Florence and the Machine

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »

So does that mean there'll be a fourth weekend? That means they need three more acts.

Definitely going to be in June though.

Bon Jovi in the RDS that weekend (15th/16th June)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bon Jovi in the RDS that weekend (15th/16th June)

They can stay there! :)

They can stay there! :)

i have a ticket for them for the 15th June and ill be pissed off if they have Pearl Jam play Dublin the same day

i have a ticket for them for the 15th June and ill be pissed off if they have Pearl Jam play Dublin the same day

Choose wisely. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

It could happen easily.

The cure and Metallica are on the same day.

Shtap would ya

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I heard the other was either Elvis or Michael Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I heard the other was either Elvis or Michael Jackson.

At this stage there is more chance. Not a whisper on any other forum of a PJ or EV tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

They won’t be in Europe this year 😡☹️

• Advertisement

They won’t be in Europe this year 😡☹️

ah balls

was it confirmed from a good source ???

Not complaning reallyhave so many other concert this summer hopefully we see them in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

ah balls

was it confirmed from a good source ???

Not complaning reallyhave so many other concert this summer hopefully we see them in 2020

Nobody knows only Pearl Jam and their management team / venues. Its just guessing by anybody else. Not much chatter on forums etc. about a tour this year which is not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/pearl-jam-chris-cornell-death-album-update-778635/amp/

Jeff doesn't sound too impressed at the lack of band activity around a new album. Doesn't sound as if we'll hear anything new in 2019 from reading that interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

If Dimi on the pearl jam forum says there are no plans for Europe this year then unfortunately there are no plans for Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If Dimi on the pearl jam forum says there are no plans for Europe this year then unfortunately there are no plans for Europe

True dat. Is that what he's saying?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

He was saying that before the rumours and before the Spanish guy with the booking appeared. Don't know if he was removed or left, but I think there has been some sort of movement since he originally posted that they weren't.

Edited. May not have been Spanish, I just assumed etc..

He was saying that before the rumours and before the Spanish guy with the booking appeared. Don't know if he was removed or left, but I think there has been some sort of movement since he originally posted that they weren't.

Dimi is still saying it, his position hasn't changed in the slightest. Even today he said there's nothing at all planned for June. I've been on that forum for years, never known him to be wrong.
    Who was the Spanish guy with the booking, I must've missed it?

As much as I know Dimi is right I'll cling to any bit of hope lol

I don't know who the guy was, he appeared with a tweet of a very blurry booking after Christmas. It could still be there. He is gone (too many doubted him I think).
    I am clinging to what I was told. I believe that EV at least, will be playing this year :o
    Even Dimitri can get it wrong once :)

Although he does seem pretty adamant that June specifically, won't be anything happening.

Yea I think it may well be the case that EV is in Europe.

Let's hope that Dimi has been fed some dud info 🀣

I keep clinging to the fact that Glastonbury are still to announce two headliners and if Pearl Jam were to be touring Europe they wouldn't be announcing a tour before Glastonbury is announced. Like I said, I'll cling to even the slightest hope!

• Advertisement

While they are a huge live draw to their fans, I don't think Pearl Jam have the clout now to be a Glasto headliner. While they'd put on a good show, the majority of the audience would know, like, three songs.

Advertisement