Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Couldn't agree more, but you have to cling to whatever element of hope there is 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

While they are a huge live draw to their fans, I don't think Pearl Jam have the clout now to be a Glasto headliner. While they'd put on a good show, the majority of the audience would know, like, three songs.

Metallica 2014 (petition) and The Who 2015 might have had a similar expectation. Pixies also played in 2015, I'd say the same could be said about them too. I'm sure there have been many years where well known acts have played to a massive part of the crowd not knowing much of their playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Suckit wrote: »
    Metallica 2014 (petition) and The Who 2015 might have had a similar expectation. Pixies also played in 2015, I'd say the same could be said about them too. I'm sure there have been many years where well known acts have played to a massive part of the crowd not knowing much of their playlist.

The Who had loads of hits that still get played on mainstream radio and kids would know from their Dad's record collection. The Pixies are a better example although their profile with "the kids" increased a lot thanks to Kurt Cobain's worship of them. Metallica have been around so long and had such a big hit with the Black album that they would have been well known enough outside metal circles. That being said, Pearl Jam had a policy for years of deliberately being low key when it came to publicity so hard to know if they'd do well at Glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Metallica were an outlier. Sure Pixies played but they weren't a big headliner. In that case Pearl Jam could also play as a non-headliner. But that probably wouldn't happen. Why bother when they could put on their own huge stadium shows?

Maybe back in 1994 they could've headlined. Back then most people would've been at least familiar with their radio hits and the kind of sets they were doing. But would a 2019 Glasto audience know anything from Yield / Binaural onwards?

The Who had loads of hits that still get played on mainstream radio and kids would know from their Dad's record collection. The Pixies are a better example although their profile with "the kids" increased a lot thanks to Kurt Cobain's worship of them. Metallica have been around so long and had such a big hit with the Black album that they would have been well known enough outside metal circles. That being said, Pearl Jam had a policy for years of deliberately being low key when it came to publicity so hard to know if they'd do well at Glasto.

The Who would be many's Grandads collection (Few dads - obviously there is still a massive fan base ageless) in 2015, Pixies and Metallica would not have been well known by the majority in 2014/15.

Many would know about 4 or 5 of The Who's songs, and not as many of the other two. Definitely depends on the circles you know, but I wouln't imagine that any of those would have half of their sets known by the majority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I keep clinging to the fact that Glastonbury are still to announce two headliners and if Pearl Jam were to be touring Europe they wouldn't be announcing a tour before Glastonbury is announced. Like I said, I'll cling to even the slightest hope!

This would have little impact as Glastonbury is sold out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

This would have little impact as Glastonbury is sold out anyway.

If pearl jam announced a tour which included a big Glastonbury shaped hole, with them in Ireland and the UK at the time, it would become clear they were doing Glastonbury and take away from their announcement.

Won't happen anyway lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Pearl Jam would be a great headliner for Glasto imo (if it happens) I personally think if Metallica can do it then PJ can

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Who have announced a gig at Wembley on July 6th and Eddie Vedder is supporting so maybe he is doing some solo gigs in europe this summer.
    Might just be a one off as Eddie is friendly with the band.
    Either way it would be a mighty gig .

Dx_WwwMXgAA6A_Z.jpg:large

The Who have announced a gig at Wembley on July 6th and Eddie Vedder is supporting so maybe he is doing some solo gigs in europe this summer.
    Might just be a one off as Eddie is friendly with the band.
    Either way it would be a mighty gig .
    That's me convinced that last 2%.

I just can't believe the person who told me (and they were 100%) of the Malahide Castle gig, and the strong rumours from elsewhere around Europe can be just a coincidence after this announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Oh nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Well, as per my previous post, if they are to play in Malahide the only available dates are 16th June, or 28th / 29th June, if they are running a fourth weekend of gigs. Nothing about that has been announced though.

It's not a huge stretch to go to July 6th after those dates; however it'd be a longer wait from June 16th - July 6th, for them / him to stick around Europe / the UK. Has there been many prior tours where PJ have played gigs and EV has played solo around them?

If it was EV solo it's more likely to be indoors / 3 Arena, than a big outdoor gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

and yet more rumours....

"Got info that EV is gonna tour Europe. So it may be truth"

(from https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/226494-mad-cool-2019/?page=48&tab=comments#comment-5576771)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hoping for an indoor gig here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

and yet more rumours....

"Got info that EV is gonna tour Europe. So it may be truth"

(from https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/226494-mad-cool-2019/?page=48&tab=comments#comment-5576771)

We really just speculate a lot over in that forum. And then reinforce our speculations in some sort of an echo chamber.

But I reckon you'll see Eddie.

A bit of a conundrum so
    If he is going to tour, it'd be nice to know in advance of buying tickets for this. It would be preferable to see him in a smaller venue.
    Hanging on to see if this will happen might mean missing out on tickets for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    A bit of a conundrum so
    If he is going to tour, it'd be nice to know in advance of buying tickets for this. It would be preferable to see him in a smaller venue.
    Hanging on to see if this will happen might mean missing out on tickets for this!

Can't see the Wembley gig selling out totally. Good tix may go though.

If he plays here, I'd say it'll be an outdoor show such as Malahide. Will hold off on Wembley for now

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Mushy wrote: »
    Can't see the Wembley gig selling out totally. Good tix may go though.

If he plays here, I'd say it'll be an outdoor show such as Malahide. Will hold off on Wembley for now

Yes thinking the same myself . It is an all seated gig in Wembley , so i need to make a decision quick . Will have a presale code tonight through ten club but good seats are savage money . Tickets from 75 sterling (Tier 3 , complete waste of time) to 195 sterling . Flights and london hotel it will be an expensive gig !

exilec wrote: »
    Yes thinking the same myself . It is an all seated gig in Wembley , so i need to make a decision quick . Will have a presale code tonight through ten club but good seats are savage money . Tickets from 75 sterling (Tier 3 , complete waste of time) to 195 sterling . Flights and london hotel it will be an expensive gig !

Never crossed my mind that it'd be all seating. Must take a closer look. Cool that ten club gets presale for support, thought would have to go with the general sale.

Flights are like 50 return, wife's cousin lives in Wembley so I'm strongly hinting at it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would his solo show not be suited too more intimate venues than large fields/stadiums ???

If Eddie is too play here than indoors or an outdoor all seated venue would be the best experience

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would his solo show not be suited too more intimate venues than large fields/stadiums ???

If Eddie is too play here than indoors or an outdoor all seated venue would be the best experience

Oh it's definitely suited to more intimate venues, but sure his last Dublin gig wasn't exactly intimate. He headlines festivals too which are outdoors, so it's nothing too rare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The gigs in Trinity are the same week as the Wembley concert. Probably too small a venue for him though

As a special offer, Ten Club has arranged for a limited amount of tickets in each price level through the public ticket seller for eligible Ten Club Members only. Tickets are purchasable using your unique password below. Ten Club is not selling these tickets, we are simply sharing an opportunity to buy tickets before the public onsale.

The pre-sale starts on Wednesday, Jan 30th at 10am GMT, and ends Friday, Feb 1st at 10am GMT, or until sold out.

Eligibility: Only paid members active as of Sunday, Jan 27th have been issued a password. New memberships purchased after that date are not eligible for this pre-sale. Memberships that have expired and are renewed after that deadline are not eligible for this pre-sale.
    TEN CLUB TICKETS
    + Your password can only be used once.
    + There is a 2-ticket limit per member.
    + Tickets range from £65 - £195 each before fees.
    + Minors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
    + For accessible seating dial 0800 093 0824. (Available Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm GMT)
    + Supplies are limited; ticket availability is not guaranteed.

Public Sale: Friday, Feb 1st at 10am GMT.

Ten Club is not selling these tickets. For ticketing questions, please contact info@livenation.co.uk

Anyone found sharing this info with non-members will lose all future ticketing privileges.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Eddie must be doing a lengthy enough slot if not a full set seeing as Ten Club are giving out codes for the presale.

Eddie must be doing a lengthy enough slot if not a full set seeing as Ten Club are giving out codes for the presale.

Yep , reckon a 40-50min set and then the 5 or 6 songs with the band near the end. Is it too wishful thinking to hope this exact lineup comes to malahide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is it too wishful thinking to hope this exact lineup comes to malahide ?

Could very well be can tell you attendance the last time The Who played Dublin was not great at all that said they also played an arena date in Belfast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yep , reckon a 40-50min set and then the 5 or 6 songs with the band near the end. Is it too wishful thinking to hope this exact lineup comes to malahide ?

No chance they'd play Malahide ,unless the tickets were 300 euro each.
    The Who charge huge money .

Looking at the pre-sale tickets here

£106 for the nosebleeds
    £144 for the mid-level
    £169 to sit on the pitch

That's before fees.

Mental money

471676.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Looking at the pre-sale tickets here

£106 for the nosebleeds
    £144 for the mid-lever
    £169 to sit on the pitch

That's before fees.

Mental money

471676.JPG

They can go fcuk ......... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Wow..will be giving this a miss..the sooner people start boycotting these prices the better..its just getting ridiculous!

Advertisement