Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah not happening now. Very hard to justify that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wow..will be giving this a miss..the sooner people start boycotting these prices the better..its just getting ridiculous!

Crazy money ,but if you wait till a few weeks before the gig you will pick up tickets very cheaply on the resale market.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Crazy money ,but if you wait till a few weeks before the gig you will pick up tickets very cheaply on the resale market.

True that but think ill give it a miss anyway..last time i saw The Who at glastonbury a few years back they were terrible..even admitted it themselves in an interview a few weeks after:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

True that but think ill give it a miss anyway..last time i saw The Who at glastonbury a few years back they were terrible..even admitted it themselves in an interview a few weeks after:D

Really? I watched their set on TV and didn't think there was anything wrong. That being said I had seen them play in Belfast previously and loved it so may have subconsciously ignored any iffy performances. Daltrey's voice isn't what it was but that's to be expected at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Wow..will be giving this a miss..the sooner people start boycotting these prices the better..its just getting ridiculous!

Absolutely. I love both The Who and PJ and was delighted to hear this announced but when I logged into the presale one ticket was priced at 276 pounds. Even the sh*t seats up in the Gods are 112 pounds. First time I've ever had to decide not to go to a gig because of the price. I'm not poverty stricken by any means but can't justify spending that kind of money. They're taking the pi*s.

• Advertisement

Really? I watched their set on TV and didn't think there was anything wrong. That being said I had seen them play in Belfast previously and loved it so may have subconsciously ignored any iffy performances. Daltrey's voice isn't what it was but that's to be expected at his age.

Yep i had seen lots of previous performances and was really looking forward to it..Townsend said they just had an off night that night..Im sure it will be great to have a whole different spin on their set with the orchestra..unfortunately the orchestras fee seems to be the same as the build on a south dublin hospital:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Absolutely. I love both The Who and PJ and was delighted to hear this announced but when I logged into the presale one ticket was priced at 276 pounds. Even the sh*t seats up in the Gods are 112 pounds. First time I've ever had to decide not to go to a gig because of the price. I'm not poverty stricken by any means but can't justify spending that kind of money. They're taking the pi*s.

Same. It's ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It'll no doubt even out. Probably testing the waters. When they figure out the maximum people will pay for individual gigs, they'll lower it to that.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I know it's mostly the fault of the promoter but I'm a little surprised at Eddie for associating himself with those prices. His solo shows are great, and I know he loves The Who, but those prices are absolutely inexcusable. I've a few friends in London that were mad keen to go see Eddie (without even being Who fans) but are totally put off after looking at the cost of the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Eddie Vedder is playing Florence with Hansard again on June 15.

http://firenzerocks.it/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lc180 wrote: »

Knew it. Was looking at Tool, the gap made me think it'd be him or PJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

MCD have applied for 3 licences for gigs in St Anne's Park (I saw somewhere on boards yesterday), would Eddie and Glen be a possible fit? 12,000 capacity I think.

lc180 wrote: »

Good news..hopefully the Vedder family have a european vacation planned just like last summer!

MCD have applied for 3 licences for gigs in St Anne's Park (I saw somewhere on boards yesterday), would Eddie and Glen be a possible fit? 12,000 capacity I think.

Have they proposed dates on that application?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Didn't see the ad myself so don't know - Kodaline are in for Fri 31 May and Sat 1 Jun. Ad was seen in the Independent newspaper according to the post.

My guess is another gig on Sun 2 June, as it's bank holiday weekend and then they put the stage up for the three gigs and take it down again.

The 12k capacity I got from here, it's an estimate.

https://www.loveclontarf.ie/news/kodaline-concert-st-annes-park-info

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hopefully the Marquee in Cork gets a gig too ,was a great gig last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think Pearl Jam would be a great headliner for Glasto imo (if it happens) I personally think if Metallica can do it then PJ can
    Well, as per my previous post, if they are to play in Malahide the only available dates are 16th June, or 28th / 29th June, if they are running a fourth weekend of gigs. Nothing about that has been announced though.

It's not a huge stretch to go to July 6th after those dates; however it'd be a longer wait from June 16th - July 6th, for them / him to stick around Europe / the UK. Has there been many prior tours where PJ have played gigs and EV has played solo around them?

If it was EV solo it's more likely to be indoors / 3 Arena, than a big outdoor gig.

Less likely he/they would play Glastonbury now, as he is playing with The Who, and will be in Florence on the 15th Which could possibly only leave the 28th/29th (in June) to play in Malahide Castle.

July is an option though. Groove Armada (2007) and Prince (2011) both played there in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Suckit wrote: »
    Less likely he/they would play Glastonbury now, as he is playing with The Who, and will be in Florence on the 15th Which could possibly only leave the 28th/29th (in June) to play in Malahide Castle.

July is an option though. Groove Armada (2007) and Prince (2011) both played there in July.

After four June weekends of concerts in Malahide, I don't think they'd have permission to run concerts in July.

There's other venues of course. It's looking more likely to be EV solo rather than Pearl Jam, which is of little interest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

After four June weekends of concerts in Malahide, I don't think they'd have permission to run concerts in July.

There's other venues of course. It's looking more likely to be EV solo rather than Pearl Jam, which is of little interest to me.

I thought PJ was a "done deal"? :p

In fairness there was no logic to that rumour imo, they just did a European summer tour and all the summer fests for 2019 had announced all their headliners (and anytime PJ do a euro summer tour they always do a few fests). As much as I'd have loved it to be true I was always very sceptical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's looking more likely to be EV solo rather than Pearl Jam, which is of little interest to me.

Same, shocking if he plays here twice in 3 years and fobs us off again the next time PJ tour.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I thought PJ was a "done deal"? :p

Yeah yeah, well I had it on *very* good authority. Who knows, the message might have been mixed up and it was EV all along, and not PJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Yeah yeah, well I had it on *very* good authority. Who knows, the message might have been mixed up and it was EV all along, and not PJ.

Neither is gonna happen at this stage

Have you spoken to your very good authority since?
    He's made you look silly in front of REAL people eviltimeban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hardly.

It was a rumour that turned out, despite all the protestations to the contrary, to have had some legs.

Ed is in Europe this summer, which is more than anyone knew when the rumour broke.

I for one have enjoyed the speculation, and say fair play to eviltime and the other 'sources'.

Im staying positive seeing that Glen is touring with Eddie again..they are great pals and having been lucky enough to be front row in the point in 2017 and seeing how humbled Eddie was by the crowd and how happy Glen was im fairly sure Glen will have been in Eds ear about doing another show in Ireland..

And while we wait and wait for PJ if your on the fence about going to an EV/Glen gig trust me..just go..Amazing!*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I told you all last year it wasnt going to happen, its still not happening

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

........ "dimitrispearljam said:
    u irish guys will be happy"

From Ten club forum

• Advertisement

exilec wrote: »
    ........ "dimitrispearljam said:
    u irish guys will be happy"

From Ten club forum