Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully I'll go to this if the date suites

Missed the last show in 2017 but saw PJ last year and loved the slow songs so this would be right up my alley

3arena would be my venue choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dagenham Dave

exilec wrote: »
    What venue do you reckon it is ???

Marlay Park

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Marlay Park
    And who do you think is headlining?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

If Malahide Castle is not the venue, then would it have been earmarked?
    I was told by somebody that is directly involved in organising.

But.
    They started with PJ and then went to EV a few weeks ago (as mentioned a few weeks back). The person that told me would be quite high up and pretty convinced, and I don't make a habit of asking them stuff, nor do they tell me.

It seems all the stuff we were told online "definitely wasn't happening" seems to be happening now.
    I never heard July 4th. The first time I heard that date was tonight on the PJ forum.
    I'll print my ticket and eat it with humble apologies if wrong. But on this, I think Dimi is incorrect.

hopefully its announced soon

Saw Queen in Marlay Park last year and thought it was an ok venue and a show like EV/Hansard would be chilled out with hopefully plenty of room to move around. Could still be Malahide Castle somwhere ive never been

price will be €100 im sure :(:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Suckit wrote: »
    They have better secret keepers :D

The Who? Hope it's not Florence and the Machine (I heard they were due to announce a date in Malahide Castle).

Eddie Vedder beneath Florence and the Machine on a lineup,not a chance .

Wouldnt mind seeing The Who again ,saw them in the Albert Hall a few years ago and they put on a great show.
    Not going to pay big money if its an outdoor gig though.
    RDS would be my thinking if its The Who and Eddie.

• Advertisement

Eddie Vedder beneath Florence and the Machine on a lineup,not a chance .

Wouldnt mind seeing The Who again ,saw them in the Albert Hall a few years ago and they put on a great show.
    Not going to pay big money if its an outdoor gig though.
    RDS would be my thinking if its The Who and Eddie.

RDS has a lot of shows this summer and there allocation is prob used up
    Fleetwood Mac, Pink, Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters

would Croke Park be a runner if it the Who/Eddie (put Hansard on the bill too) ??? its used up its 3x concerts but didnt stop them having 4 last year. Aviva is closed to relay a new pitch for the summer.

Really lack of stadiums for gigs in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Before reading the Ten Club form I thought maybe a 90 minute set before Metallica was an option to help shift a the last of the Same tickets was an option.

As far as I can gather from the form and group on Facebook Dimitri works with the band in some capacity.

He has said no to Malahide, Three Arena, Belfast and Cork.

With Alice in Chains announcing the Olympia I'm wondering are they planning a series of gigs from 90s grunge acts and maybe that's where Eddie's heading.

Will be bitterly disappointed if that's the case tickets will be like gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

Thanks for all the updates on this everyone - I've been following the page on a regular basis for any bit of hope! As someone said a few posts back the speculation has been quite exciting .... though I'll be dead disappointed if nothing comes of it ... I've been a fan for years but finally got back to seeing them live with EV in 2017 and PJ in London last summer. As a northsider Malahide Castle would be ideal, but would be delighted with anything at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

piplip87 wrote: »
    Before reading the Ten Club form I thought maybe a 90 minute set before Metallica was an option to help shift a the last of the Same tickets was an option
    That booking would make zero sense.

Before reading the Ten Club form I thought maybe a 90 minute set before Metallica was an option to help shift a the last of the Same tickets was an option.
    As far as I can gather from the form and group on Facebook Dimitri works with the band in some capacity.
    He has said no to Malahide, Three Arena, Belfast and Cork.

With Alice in Chains announcing the Olympia I'm wondering are they planning a series of gigs from 90s grunge acts and maybe that's where Eddie's heading.
    Will be bitterly disappointed if that's the case tickets will be like gold dust.
    I guessed that he gets a form of leaked press release slightly earlier, for the forums. But not always.

Anyway, hope I'm nt eating that ticket :D:o

Still clinging on.

90's grunge fest-type might be good, but surely that would be PJ and not EV?

• Advertisement

Dimi doesn't work with the band, just a super-fan, but has a source or two within the camp. It's possible that one of these is Tim who oversees the 10 Club (official fan club run by the band).

Our Greek informer messes around from time to time, but with tour info he doesn't and if he says 'You Irish guys will be happy', I'd assume we will be happy in terms of an Eddie date.

I just hope the venue is right and the ticket prices aren't too much more than 2017's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

As far as I can gather from the form and group on Facebook Dimitri works with the band in some capacity... He has said no to Malahide, Three Arena, Belfast and Cork.

It'll be the third gig in St. Anne's Park then. :rolleyes::):p

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

17 June Collisioni Festival. Barolo, Italy. Eddie + Glen

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

............. "The waiting drove me mad"

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Looking more and more like its a date supporting The Who going by the rumours and the comments on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Looking more and more like its a date supporting The Who going by the rumours and the comments on the forum

Please Noooooooo:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dagenham Dave

It's not looking, it IS exactly that
    Disappointing

It's not looking, it IS exactly that
    Disappointing

Massively disappointing for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Is this confirmed somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Oh please no.

If so, it won't be small and won't be cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Hopefully its the Aviva rather than Marley park if it is with the Who .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

exilec wrote: »
    Hopefully its the Aviva rather than Marley park if it is with the Who .

Someone said the Aviva is being relaid this summer earlier in the thread? So won't be available. (I've no idea how true that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Pj or EV ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Pj or EV ??

Eddie. No Pearl Jam dates for Europe this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

sod that then .......

It will be about €120 a ticket ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Croke Park has used up it's allocation but like last year they could apply for a 4th licence but word would of gotten out about that by now

Aviva is apparently closed for the summer unless they decide to have the concert before they start work

An open field gig would not be an option id say esp for the who (how many originally members still in it ??)

Would be cool if it was outside Dublin like Another concert for PUC or Nowlan Park.

Edit- Aviva it's looks like according to this

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/279077/eddie-vedder-eu-tour-2019/p13

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

greenspurs wrote: »
    sod that then .......

It will be about €120 a ticket ......

120 euro for a nosebleed in Wembley ,over £200 for a decent seat .
    The pricing is the most ridiculous in the history of the new Wembley I'd go to say .
    They have already started cutting the prices there ,its selling terribly.

It will be all seated if its the Who to cater for their fanbase.
    They havent a hope of selling out the Aviva if they charge high prices .
    The RDS is about the right size.
    An open field gig would not be an option id say esp for the who (how many originally members still in it ??)

Two,Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend,the other two are dead.

The RDS is about the right size.
    Same size as Marlay Park and (Dimitris ruled out Malahide).

I wouldn't go to RDS if it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

http://pearljamnordic.net/?p=165

Rumours website is claiming the Aviva.

It'll fall between July 1st- 5th

Looks like a The Who support gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

http://pearljamnordic.net/?p=165

Rumours website is claiming the Aviva.

It'll fall between July 1st- 5th

Looks like a The Who support gig

Fook it anyway. The 3arena solo gig was so memorable for its intimacy. Can't see being much of a vibe from a half empty Aviva. Most "Who" fans won't come to see Eddie in advance I don't imagine.

And then there's the price.. might end up sitting this one out.

Advertisement