Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They are still great live .
    I wouldn't have been a big fan when I saw them a few years back but they blew me away .
    The Who are on Sky Arts now (Tommy: Live at the Royal Albert Hall).

They would definitely have their audience, and it is a good show (even though Daltry and Townshend look a little stiff and the sound isn't coming out great from Sky even with soundplate), The ticket prices for Wembley are very high. While people that may have decided to go are waiting for the prices to drop (:pac:), they will buy other gig tickets and rule themselves out of it.

I am not as convinced as I was, that it is Malahide Castle anymore (and I was (still am) very convinced), but if it does end up being EV as special guest to the The Who, I am stumped as to who Eddie Vedders audience will be at the expected prices.
    I know people have been saying that this past week and I'm just repeating them. But watching Sky Arts now it really does hit home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

When Eddie last played here solo his tickets where over a hundred quid a pop, why are people surprised by ticket price?
    I also don't see Eddie playing Ireland at all this year, I don't care what a friend of a friends dog walker who works next to a venue has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

EyesClosed wrote: »
    When Eddie last played here solo his tickets where over a hundred quid a pop, why are people surprised by ticket price?
    I also don't see Eddie playing Ireland at all this year, I don't care what a friend of a friends dog walker who works next to a venue has to say.

In fairness to Dimitri, he's normally spot on with tour news, and doesn't mess around on that front either. So him saying there's a gig, it'll mean there is one.

Agree bout the prices though, but then if it's that price and you're going for a support slot, much harder to justify

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mushy wrote: »
    In fairness to Dimitri, he's normally spot on with tour news, and doesn't mess around on that front either. So him saying there's a gig, it'll mean there is one.

Agree bout the prices though, but then if it's that price and you're going for a support slot, much harder to justify

And non Eddie fans will not grasp to the idea of a fella on his own with a guitar singing misrible songs and could ruin the whole thing

Iffy about this working in a stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

http://www.alternativenation.net/eddie-vedder-epic-announcement-reportedly-leaked/

July 3rd according to that. No venue though (Just reposting Dimitri :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Suckit wrote: »
    http://www.alternativenation.net/eddie-vedder-epic-announcement-reportedly-leaked/

July 3rd according to that. No venue though (Just reposting Dimitri :D )

Please let it be a solo gig with Glen as support... the who just wouldn't be my thing....3 arena I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Please let it be a solo gig with Glen as support... the who just wouldn't be my thing....3 arena I'm guessing.

Yep please this. The gig a few years ago was amazing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Yep please this. The gig a few years ago was amazing.

I dont know if he will be able to top that gig tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Cork was better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Maybe not.. Hearing Jeremy live was special and rare.

• Advertisement

Hope it's announced soon

3arena solo date hopefully

Would love if it was the Bord Gais but doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Pearl Jam do not give a rats ass about little ol Erie. Never did and never will. Well , maybe they did at one point , but not since Eddie became an axe hurling wankstain.

90's Eddie would never have played those two acoustic shows for 100 quid a pop. The least he could have done for fleecing his fans raw was bring the band back like he promised.
    I was at the Cork gig. Good but overrated. The songs need the band , they just weren't the same without the other musicians. One acoustic rendition after the other gets tiresome.
    I was not happy paying what i did to witness an impromptu sing a long.

Just saw that AIC are booked to play a gig in Belfast , but nothing for the south. Well done MCD :mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Burty330 wrote:
    Just saw that AIC are booked to play a gig in Belfast , but nothing for the south. Well done MCD

They are in the Olympia 🙄

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Burty330 wrote: »
    Just saw that AIC are booked to play a gig in Belfast , but nothing for the south. Well done MCD :mad::rolleyes:

51184480_10157197899424548_7473511783899070464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0b5bdb70fb0c253037c49f471c944396&oe=5CF2E953

Fuppin Hell

crazy demand for tickets. None at all to be found on the secondary market.

They should have been booked for the o2 , but the academy is a much better venue in terms of view and sound.
    Lucky bastards all those who got a ticket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Dragging the f#ck out of this announcement !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What is the point of this thread, Pearl Jam hasn't played Ireland in years.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

European thread.. people travel to gigs also, actually easier for me to go to Berlin than to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

European thread.. people travel to gigs also, actually easier for me to go to Berlin than to Dublin
    you clearly don't live in Ireland if that's the case

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »

You'd clearly be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dublin is a lot of the times awful to get to before and from after a gig with hotel prices being much higher anywhere else.

Come on Eddie announce the bloody date and venue

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

On of the other PJ pages on Boards has said the following:

"So looks like Eddie will be in Dublin but not a solo show and only 1 night for Ireland and in a "huge venue" in a "beautiful part of the Dublin Suburbs".

Seems like it may be as an opener for The Who like Wembley, which sucks as that was stupid money for decent seats."

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055548000&page=205

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Deenie78 wrote: »

"So looks like Eddie will be in Dublin but not a solo show and only 1 night for Ireland and in a "huge venue" in a "beautiful part of the Dublin Suburbs".

Seems like it may be as an opener for The Who like Wembley, which sucks as that was stupid money for decent seats."

Unfortunately that's been the case for a while now

drumcondra is a beautiful suburb of dublin, doubt it will be Croke Park

Aviva Stadium maybe so the Who can have pitch seats and charge crazy amounts for them

An open field gig is possible and will cost less. Marley Park or Malahide Castle runners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

PTH2009 wrote: »

drumcondra is a beautiful suburb of dublin, doubt it will be Croke Park

Aviva Stadium maybe so the Who can have pitch seats and charge crazy amounts for them

An open field gig is possible and will cost less. Marley Park or Malahide Castle runners
    Aviva isn't being used for concerts this summer.
    Rds is available or Marley park

Aviva isn't being used for concerts this summer.
    Rds is available or Marley park

RDS hopefully

Seems to have got a large allocation this year so Marley Park may be more realaisitic

Glen has announced his mini summer tour and he's in Washington DC June 3rd....so no hope now of him supporting Eddie...balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lads, seriously.....

Why is there a debate over where PJ or EV are going to play ?!!?

They haven't even announced anything yet !!!

Seriously!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement