Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Glen has announced his mini summer tour and he's in Washington DC June 3rd....so no hope now of him supporting Eddie...balls!

So the Eddie show is in June then ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So the Eddie show is in June then ???

Rumor is July 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

greenspurs wrote: »
    Lads, seriously.....

Why is there a debate over where PJ or EV are going to play ?!!?

They haven't even announced anything yet !!!

Seriously!
    I don't think there is a debate, I think it's mostly discussions trying to pinpoint the date that he may be playing by reading the different runours going around.

Right now I think the rumour that is most believed is, Eddie Vedder playing July 3rd in Marlay Park.
    I personally still believe it may be Malahide Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

its just makey up stuff..... shur if yee keep guessing for long enough , one of yee will be right....

Slán ………..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

He's playing Tuam Stadium on 32 July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

My God it's been so long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What's the rush in wanting the announcement? We know that 4th July was ruled out, so likely be 3rd. Also that he'll support the Who, so won't be able to afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Mushy wrote: »
    What's the rush in wanting the announcement? We know that 4th July was ruled out, so likely be 3rd. Also that he'll support the Who, so won't be able to afford it

Spot on with the date id say..looking at Ticketmaster for The Who Wembley gig nobody wants to afford it..Best Available selected gives seats in A2..a block on the pitch directly in front of stage(£195 each)..selecting cheapest(£70) gives seats in the upper level..again right up by the stage..this in their home country with a population prob 15+ times bigger than us( guesstimate :D ).
    If i was the promoter id be sh1ting myself. So im actually loving talk of this 'huge' venue so those of us who dont win competition tickets will pick some up outside for €20 :D

Spot on with the date id say..looking at Ticketmaster for The Who Wembley gig nobody wants to afford it..Best Available selected gives seats in A2..a block on the pitch directly in front of stage(£195 each)..selecting cheapest(£70) gives seats in the upper level..again right up by the stage..this in their home country with a population prob 15+ times bigger than us( guesstimate :D ).
    If i was the promoter id be sh1ting myself. So im actually loving talk of this 'huge' venue so those of us who dont win competition tickets will pick some up outside for €20 :D

And that'll be great to get them cheap. Tbh, even if that chance does arise, I probably won't interrupt my holiday for it. That might change if it's Eddie headlining. Assume be announced next Monday, or maybe one after so tix on sale after payday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Those upper tier seats near the stage were £150 last week .
    Exact same seats are now £70.
    Dynamic pricing,see whats the most we can get for a seat .
    I've no respect for any artist that engages in that sort of treatment of its fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Is it the artist or Ticketmaster? Isn't this exactly the kind of thing PJ were protesting about in 1995?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Is it the artist or Ticketmaster? Isn't this exactly the kind of thing PJ were protesting about in 1995?

I've often wondered about this!
    I guess PJ have adopted a can't beat them join them attitude on the whole thing.

Whatever about PJ, an Eddie Vedder solo show costing €100 a pop is outrageous! That's more than PJ were in the same venue! Eddie's show is very simplistic and bare bones in terms of equitment and stage set up. Ludacris!

I'd love to see Eddie live and the Who again, but if the prices are in the same region as London the line is well and truly drawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

I've often wondered about this!
    I guess PJ have adopted a can't beat them join them attitude on the whole thing.

Whatever about PJ, an Eddie Vedder solo show costing €100 a pop is outrageous! That's more than PJ were in the same venue! Eddie's show is very simplistic and bare bones in terms of equitment and stage set up. Ludacris!

I'd love to see Eddie live and the Who again, but if the prices are in the same region as London the line is well and truly drawn!

I'd be of a different train of thought... If Eddie was playing...and was headlining...we'd get 90- 120 minutes...I'd pay 150 for that, no issues...
    But as a warm up for someone else, nope, no way

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

The prices will be high. Any "Big name" band and you are always going to pay 100 euro or close to it for a ticket and most of the time now over it. Bands do not make their money from selling albums anymore. Its all about touring now and so they charge as much as possible. Would prefer Eddie Solo gig, but it looks like its supporting The Who, which means prices over 100 euro at least. Not bothered with The Who so no way for a 45min to an hour Eddie set supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Interesting update this one, Wembley is now the Who's only European show

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

52588092_10156985354758700_3640176686793752576_o.jpg
    European exclusive show?? Maybe we are wrong about done deal with the Who ?

And Eddie doing a full set.

This changes everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I do love how often the "sure thing" rumours change in this thread, from PJ in Malahide to Eddie and the Who in Aviva (a venue we know isn't being used for gigs this summer due to all the RDS gigs). Think I saw an Eddie supporting Metallica suggestion in here as well, that was an interesting one. Pearl Jam supporting Fleetwood Mac anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I do love how often the "sure thing" rumours change in this thread, from PJ in Malahide to Eddie and the Who in Aviva (a venue we know isn't being used for gigs this summer due to all the RDS gigs). Think I saw an Eddie supporting Metallica suggestion in here as well, that was an interesting one. Pearl Jam supporting Fleetwood Mac anyone?

Personally I think it's a 6 hour ukulele set supporting Bon Jovi. My friend who once saw a Bon Jovi documentary said its a sure thing.

I've not changed my belief...
    Malahide Castle... Looks like I may not be eating any tickets just yet.

:D

• Advertisement

Really hoping for an announcement soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Suckit wrote: »
    I've not changed my belief...
    Malahide Castle... Looks like I may not be eating any tickets just yet.

:D

You still should be. You were convinced it was Pearl Jam...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really hoping for an announcement soon
    You'll be waiting

Penfailed wrote: »
    You still should be. You were convinced it was Pearl Jam...
    Fair enough, but I was convinced it was malahide castle, and was told earlyish on it may be EV on his own, as the 'source' info was coming from people who may not know the difference (The person who told me is involved in organising the gigs on a different level).
    That was before all the other info was coming out from Dimitri and other sources etc.
    Still convinced it will be malahide castle and EV will be playing there (with or without anyone else) (My belief has never changed from that).

Doesn't mean any of it's right, but I believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Following what Dimitri said it's all coming together.

"You Irish Guys will be Happy" - Definitely a gig this summer.

"There is a but" - It's not Eddie but the full band....... If I just keep telling myself that it will come true.

I know it was shot down but Eddie on the Metallica bill with an hour's set would definitely shift 20,000 extra tickets. Very unlikely but makes sense

piplip87 wrote: »
    Following what Dimitri said it's all coming together.

"You Irish Guys will be Happy" - Definitely a gig this summer.

"There is a but" - It's not Eddie but the full band....... If I just keep telling myself that it will come true.

I know it was shot down but Eddie on the Metallica bill with an hour's set would definitely shift 20,000 extra tickets. Very unlikely but makes sense

Can I have some of what you are smoking? Seems to be more effective than what I am currently smoking.

I thought that 'But' was that the Who be playing. So while solo shows were announced, the Dublin gig was a support slot.

Thrown out now with the news last night if the Who aren't playing

I thought that 'But' was that the Who be playing. So while solo shows were announced, the Dublin gig was a support slot.
    Thrown out now with the news last night if the Who aren't playing
    I personally never heard anything about playing as special guest to the who except on here.

IIRC (kinda timeline of events as I heard them)
    PJ rumours started about Malahde Castle - all (correctly) denied on PJ forum.
    EV rumours surfaced.
    EV rumours surface partially and denied on PJ forum (mostly by Dimitri).
    The Who announced a date with EV in UK.
    EV announces other dates.
    Malahide Castle rejected as a possible place by Dimitri on PJ forum.
    Dates in June/July (Irish July date) thrown about for other possible EV gigs
    The Who Wembley advert states 'European Exclusive concert'

To here now.
    Dimitri definitely seems to get a heads up for much/most of the stuff, so is widely believed. I only named him, because not everything was denied by other members on PJ forum, and he seems to be most knowledgeable on much of the dates.

As much as I can make out, EV gig is still rumoured to be happening in Ireland - no venue has been mentioned as possibly correct, a few have been rejected/denied.
    The Who was never really mentioned anywhere else.

So, EV playing in early July seems to be the online runner at the minute.

Suckit wrote: »
    I personally never heard anything about playing as special guest to the who except on here.

IIRC (kinda timeline of events as I heard them)
    PJ rumours started about Malahde Castle - all (correctly) denied on PJ forum.
    EV rumours surfaced.
    EV rumours surface partially and denied on PJ forum (mostly by Dimitri).
    The Who announced a date with EV in UK.
    EV announces other dates.
    Malahide Castle rejected as a possible place by Dimitri on PJ forum.
    Dates in June/July (Irish July date) thrown about for other possible EV gigs
    The Who Wembley advert states 'European Exclusive concert'

To here now.
    Dimitri definitely seems to get a heads up for much/most of the stuff, so is widely believed. I only named him, because not everything was denied by other members on PJ forum, and he seems to be most knowledgeable on much of the dates.

As much as I can make out, EV gig is still rumoured to be happening in Ireland - no venue has been mentioned as possibly correct, a few have been rejected/denied.
    The Who was never really mentioned anywhere else.

So, EV playing in early July seems to be the online runner at the minute.

I essentially agree but looking forward to seeing what the but Dimitri mentioned is

• Advertisement

I essentially agree but looking forward to seeing what the but Dimitri mentioned is

Hardly an Irish stadium date with the Who was planned but abandoned after the ticket sales for the London gig was so low ???

Advertisement