Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Arrange an Uber when leaving the venu

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Mushy wrote: »

With 80k people trying to leave at the same time I'm not thinking that would be feasible option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Celtise wrote: »
    With 80k people trying to leave at the same time I'm not thinking that would be feasible option.

It always works out don’t worry. Don’t overthink it it’ll only wreck your night. Hook up with one of the pre/after party crowds for the gig. Again, always on fb you’ll find those groups. Better to ask touring fans and locals for that info than anyone else.

Celtise wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »

It's how we sorted out transport back in Lisbon after Nos last year. 3 days, 4 people, overall price was 40 quid. Have account and app before going in cos volume can cause signal problems, and you will get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭J-C

I got the usual spotify email notification today of upcoming gigs, and listed was a pearl jam tribute band playing in the purty kitchen on Friday 8th June, a few days before PJ European Tour starts. I’ve never seen Spotify push tickets to a tribute act before. I’m probably a million miles wide of the mark to suggest that it might actually be PJ playing?

https://www.ticketweb.ie/event/a-tribute-to-pearl-jam-the-purty-kitchen-tickets/8272405?REFERRAL_ID=tmfeed&awc=6643_1523990312_147805fe4225b402dcbcfc11c2a020ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

J-C wrote: »
    I got the usual spotify email notification today of upcoming gigs, and listed was a pearl jam tribute band playing in the purty kitchen on Friday 8th June, a few days before PJ European Tour starts. I’ve never seen Spotify push tickets to a tribute act before. I’m probably a million miles wide of the mark to suggest that it might actually be PJ playing?

https://www.ticketweb.ie/event/a-tribute-to-pearl-jam-the-purty-kitchen-tickets/8272405?REFERRAL_ID=tmfeed&awc=6643_1523990312_147805fe4225b402dcbcfc11c2a020ad

2 million ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got the same alert, plus one for a Bob Dylan tribute act, also in the Purty Kitchen. Somehow I don't think either of these are secret gigs masquerading as tribute bands.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I got an alert for "Dire Straits" but of course it was a tribute group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This was actually a mistake on ticketmasters part from what I can see as the tribute act was listed under Pearl Jam on ticketmaster. It still is in fact (https://www.ticketmaster.ie/Pearl-Jam-tickets/artist/735836?tm_link=search_act_1_name) but the name of the show has been changed to tribute act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Just wonder if there has been any announcement on support acts for the upcoming tour. I'm gonna be at the London gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

quazzy wrote: »
    Just wonder if there has been any announcement on support acts for the upcoming tour. I'm gonna be at the London gig.

Highly unlikely there will be any support,most likely be 3 hours of pure PJ with a bit of luck 😉

I know that gig on June 8th in the Purity Kitchen is not the Pearl Jem tribute band, cause we're doing our Dublin gig on June 3rd in Bagots Hutton.

The Purity Kitchen definitely have people talking today anyway. In here there is confusion over Pearl Jam playing there on June 8th. At the same time over on a Facebook musicians page, there is confusion about Bob Dylan playing a gig there on June 15th.

I highly doubt that this is intentional on the part of the venue/promoter, it is likely just the Spotify algorithm mixing up tribute acts with the artists. Still, it's gotten the gigs and venue some decent promotion!

Anyway...

Less than 2 months until the Amsterdam shows, the anticipation is starting to build.

I'm hoping to fúck that 'Can't Deny Me' has been forgotten about or accidentally overlooked by then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still didn't receive my London ticket but I know what TM UK are like

Prob be rushing around that day, only arriving in London at 13.20 and then going to visit the shard and try and get the hotel on Greenwich and to the arena then.

Doors open at 17.00

PTH2009 wrote: »

Prob be rushing around that day, only arriving in London at 13.20 and then going to visit the shard and try and get the hotel on Greenwich and to the arena then.

Doors open at 17.00

I'm in the same boat waiting on tickets for UK show. Never went to gigs abroad so just wondering when the tickets will likely be posted for the London show.

I'm in the same boat waiting on tickets for UK show. Never went to gigs abroad so just wondering when the tickets will likely be posted for the London show.

I got gigs for Scottish gigs roughly 6 weeks before the gig

For GNR in London Stadium last year I got e tickets emailed 2 weeks before the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You could be waiting ,AXS are usually really slow to pass tickets on to Ticketmaster.
    You might have to even collect on the day at the O2 and that's a right dose .
    I had to collect tickets for Metallica there last year ,45 minutes queuing outside in the bitter cold ,then another 45 minutes to get through security into the venue with the result I missed the first 15 minutes of the show .
    I swore I'd never go back there again .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I know that gig on June 8th in the Purity Kitchen is not the Pearl Jem tribute band, cause we're doing our Dublin gig on June 3rd in Bagots Hutton.

Bloody good tribute band yiz are and all
    - bit of consolation for those of us who failed to get tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Bit of a long shot but wondering if anyone has any experience buying tickets for the shows in Amsterdam?
    Few of us going over in June and naturally all the usual sites like stub hub and Seatwave have prices well over face value.
    Are there any dutch sites like toutless that are for people selling tickets at face value?
    More then likely weel try and get some in the city during the day or outside the arena before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Bit of a long shot but wondering if anyone has any experience buying tickets for the shows in Amsterdam?
    Few of us going over in June and naturally all the usual sites like stub hub and Seatwave have prices well over face value.
    Are there any dutch sites like toutless that are for people selling tickets at face value?
    More then likely weel try and get some in the city during the day or outside the arena before the gig.

ive used ticketswap you can subscribe to the event and get a notification when 1 becomes available need to be quick tho

prices are over face but nothing like ticketmasters touting sites

https://open.spotify.com/track/6tjRBsNeH4qgqaDMVkOuP2?si=P1FjVmfZT8e03Ui1AHaNqQ

Amazing cover by Eddie and Neil Finn who is now in Fleetwood Mac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Get on the Facebook pages. Both the European Tour 2018 and the Amsterdam pages. People swapping and selling pretty regularly from what I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I'm thinking of heading to London for one of the shows. Is there anywhere I should be looking to buy two tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Lads I'm thinking of heading to London for one of the shows. Is there anywhere I should be looking to buy two tickets?

There are FB groups for each of the shows,might be worth a look on them. Tbh,you’ll be doing well to pick up tix now I reckon. Best of luck with it though

Download an app called Twickets

UK face value ticket resale app

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Finally got around to booking tickets for Milan the other week :) Will have to call in sick on the day to get the flight over but dont care ha

Finally got around to booking tickets for Milan the other week :) Will have to call in sick on the day to get the flight over but dont care ha

Nice line-up for that gig too!

Still didn't announce support for the London gigs ??

Still planning my trio while over there, might just do the Thames clipper hop on hop off. I'll see most of the sites from the boat and I'll get straight to the o2 and go to my hotel which is a 15 min taxi ride away

Still didn't announce support for the London gigs ??

Still planning my trio while over there, might just do the Thames clipper hop on hop off. I'll see most of the sites from the boat and I'll get straight to the o2 and go to my hotel which is a 15 min taxi ride away

Likely be no support for the majority of gigs, just near 3 hours of Pearl Jam. Some gigs are festivals, hence the support

Quick Question on people travelling to London, is Uber still operating over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Quick Question on people travelling to London, is Uber still operating over there?

Yes it is

Advertisement