Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw that the Berlin gig says it starts at 7. Doors at 4.30. Be unreal if that was actually the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Mushy wrote: »
    Saw that the Berlin gig says it starts at 7. Doors at 4.30. Be unreal if that was actually the case

10c doors at 4!

The excitement is starting to build now. We're flying out for Amsterdam at 6.15am this Sunday morning, I can't f**king wait.

I originally had accommodation in Amsterdam booked for 4 nights at about €750 with free cancellation. Then yesterday, I found a couple of really nice apartments on AirBnb for €450. 2 nights in the city centre, then 2 nights out right beside the Ziggo Dome.

I'm not normally one to get too carried away by savings or frugality (hey, that's definitely a flaw!) but I'm absolutely delighted with that saving. With that, I was then able to pay for my flight and accommodation for Berlin.

Anyway, I'm not just making this post to say 'sure I'm deadly', but maybe offer a tip or two...

1) For anyone who doesn't already know this, and who still has 'free cancellation' available on their original hotel booking for the tour, AirBnb can save you real money.

2) Anyone still looking for a ticket, like some posters in the last few pages, the facebook fan pages that Mushy posted are your best bet. A friend of mine today got a 10C GA ticket for Amsterdam 1 on the European Tour 2018 page. A lot of 10C ticket buyers are only getting rid of their spare tickets now it seems.

Ok, safe travels to everyone, hope you have a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

The excitement is starting to build now. We're flying out for Amsterdam at 6.15am this Sunday morning, I can't f**king wait.

I originally had accommodation in Amsterdam booked for 4 nights at about €750 with free cancellation. Then yesterday, I found a couple of really nice apartments on AirBnb for €450. 2 nights in the city centre, then 2 nights out right beside the Ziggo Dome.

I'm not normally one to get too carried away by savings or frugality (hey, that's definitely a flaw!) but I'm absolutely delighted with that saving. With that, I was then able to pay for my flight and accommodation for Berlin.

Anyway, I'm not just making this post to say 'sure I'm deadly', but maybe offer a tip or two...

1) For anyone who doesn't already know this, and who still has 'free cancellation' available on their original hotel booking for the tour, AirBnb can save you real money.

2) Anyone still looking for a ticket, like some posters in the last few pages, the facebook fan pages that Mushy posted are your best bet. A friend of mine today got a 10C GA ticket for Amsterdam 1 on the European Tour 2018 page. A lot of 10C ticket buyers are only getting rid of their spare tickets now it seems.

Ok, safe travels to everyone, hope you have a ball.

Is it you that plays in a Pearl Jam tribute act called Pearl Jem or am i thinking of
    someone else?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Last day in work today before Sunday’s trip to Amsterdam.....

......waiting,watching the clock.....

• Advertisement

finno wrote: »
    Is it you that plays in a Pearl Jam tribute act called Pearl Jem or am i thinking of
    someone else?

That depends...have you something good or bad to say?! :pac::D

Yeah, I play with the lads. Just for the bit of craic and the handful of gigs each year.
    Last day in work today before Sunday’s trip to Amsterdam.....

......waiting,watching the clock.....

Yep, I've my last job tonight and then we head out Sunday as well.

I'm starting to get a bit carried away, to the point that I'm here pricing a late addition of Krakow to the list :D

Enjoy it guys!
    Let us know how it goes.

I'll be watching 10c for the setlists

That depends...have you something good or bad to say?! :pac::D

Yeah, I play with the lads. Just for the bit of craic and the handful of gigs each year.

Yep, I've my last job tonight and then we head out Sunday as well.

I'm starting to get a bit carried away, to the point that I'm here pricing a late addition of Krakow to the list :D

No nothing but good things, seen you play awhile back in Dublin have to say
    you lot are very good.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

No nothing but good things, seen you play awhile back in Dublin have to same
    you lot are very good.

Thanks very much Finno, we'll be doing a few gigs later this year in Malahide, Swords and city centre if you get the chance/persuasion to go again.

No nothing but good things, seen you play awhile back in Dublin have to same
    you lot are very good.

Thanks very much Finno, we'll be doing a few gigs later this year in Malahide, Swords and city centre if you get the chance/persuasion to go again.

Need to see ye in cork again.

Wish was seeing them more than once (Pearl Jam, no offence). Almost tacked on Lisbon or Madrid but funds wouldn't allow it. 3.5 hours minimum in Berlin will do though

• Advertisement

Cyprus Avenue is class, probably be January before we're back in it unfortunately. I'd love to do it more than once a year.
    Wish was seeing them more than once (Pearl Jam, no offence). Almost tacked on Lisbon or Madrid but funds wouldn't allow it. 3.5 hours minimum in Berlin will do though
    Might see you in Berlin then Mushy.

I 'tacked on' Krakow just now. That's it, I'm done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tauron Arena isn't it? Interested to see how it goes, not just because can't make shows but I'm in Krakow for Iron Maiden in July.

I think i shall Swords sounds very temping i keep an eye out for when you are playing.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Tauron Arena isn't it? Interested to see how it goes, not just because can't make shows but I'm in Krakow for Iron Maiden in July.

Yeah, the Tauron Arena. It's supposed to be a fine venue, and I think it's new enough too.

That's a great set Maiden are playing on this tour, would love to go see them.
    I think i shall Swords sounds very temping i keep an eye out for when you are playing.

Think Swords will be November, just waiting on it to be confirmed at the moment.

For anyone in the Drogheda area, we're in McHugh's next Saturday night, the 16th.

Cyprus Avenue is class, probably be January before we're back in it unfortunately. I'd love to do it more than once a year.
    Might see you in Berlin then Mushy.

Fan club pre party in Berlin the night before, probably head to that if any other Irish are going.

Yeah, the Tauron Arena. It's supposed to be a fine venue, and I think it's new enough too.

That's a great set Maiden are playing on this tour,

Might be seeing the Maiden gig in Milan the Monday after, very much on the fence about it though

Fan club pre party in Berlin the night before, probably head to that if any other Irish are going.

Might be seeing the Maiden gig in Milan the Monday after, very much on the fence about it though

I was planning on going to the Berlin pre-party, but my flight from Krakow doesn't land in Berlin until after 10pm. I'll probably just head straight for Berghain in that case :D

If you have a chance to go to Maiden, do it! They're playing in Waldebuhne next week, a few of the PJem guys are going over to it. I'd love to, but I'm pretty close to broke now!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One week to go

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Anyone else flying to London for the gig on the 19th at 11.50? I shall be doing a solo run with a big stupid smile on my face all day.

Also doing Berlin - not solo for that one thankfully - seeing them there for the third time, albeit a different venue this time.

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Anyone else flying to London for the gig on the 19th at 11.50? I shall be doing a solo run with a big stupid smile on my face all day.

Also doing Berlin - not solo for that one thankfully - seeing them there for the third time, albeit a different venue this time.

I'm flying 11.50 on the Monday for the first London show. Have the foos in Manchester the 19th great few days

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Any fan club party in London happening? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

I'll be flying from cork into Gatwick on Tuesday morning, I'm also heading over by myself, pm me if you fancy a pint before or after it !

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

I'm heading on Monday morning into City - got tickets for both nights ... not the original plan but didn't expect to get so lucky on the 10c lottery!! Dead excited now, can't wait!!

heading to just the Monday night myself, anyone know any good pubs around the o2 or the Stratford area? :)

mimimcmc wrote: »
    heading to just the Monday night myself, anyone know any good pubs around the o2 or the Stratford area? :)

Same, flying into city airport at 13.20. Staying in the good hotel near the royal Victoria docks and the Emirates cable car line which goes direct to the o2. Going to do the Thames clipper tour too.

Was in the Olympic stadium last year for GNR and there's a few nice spots but expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

mimimcmc wrote: »

If Iron Maiden your thing Cart & Horses pub in Stratford is where they played their first gigs :)

If Iron Maiden your thing Cart & Horses pub in Stratford is where they played their first gigs :)

I wouldn't be the biggest Iron Maiden fan but just had a look at it and it looks like a cool pub and a very short distance from where I'm staying thanks :)

Aahh all starts tonight, too excited. Merch doesn't look too interesting, all grey and black but might push out the boat

Couple of streams up on periscope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

London GAs and great seats up now on axs..definitely for night 2..didnt check 1.

Advertisement