Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Few surprises in the first setlist. Strange they didn't play Can't Deny. Only one encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Few surprises in the first setlist. Strange they didn't plat Can't Deny. Only one encore.

Saving it all for London 1 hopefully

I would not be happy with that setlist played last night

Few songs missing

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Was a decent gig,wouldn’t exactly say they were on fire but it was the first night I suppose. Hoping for a few rarities by the time they hit London on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Hey, last year at the Eddie vedder gig at the 3 arena in Dublin myself and husband got chatting to a girl from Dublin sitting beside us. You were a huge pj fan and had been following them around a good bit including being over to watch them being inducted into the hall of fame. We were all very pleased with our new seats after swapping them from ones up the rafters to ones down near the front just days before. We had a great evening, I think you even found a t shirt in the toilets. Just wondering if your on here?? Get in touch if you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I would not be happy with that setlist played last night

Few songs missing

Out of interest, what do you think is missing? There's no predicting their setlists, anything could be played, they'll rehearse a massive bank of songs for a tour.

Tonight's set has Present Tense and MFC....unreal stuff!

Tonight's set is savage

Inside Job, Light Years too...**** me the excitement

Release start, maybe y Ledbetter finish.... The dream!!

I need to hear Release live...if that happens in Berlin, i better not be far back, cos its a steep fall down the steps

• Advertisement

Holy shít Bee Girl into Man of the Hour

Mushy wrote: »
    I need to hear Release live...if that happens in Berlin, i better not be far back, cos its a steep fall down the steps

Same!

It happened

Some setlist...47 unique songs in 2 nights, incredible stuff

Out of interest, what do you think is missing? There's no predicting their setlists, anything could be played, they'll rehearse a massive bank of songs for a tour.

Would love to hear 'Last kiss', 'Hail Hail' and there cover of 'Keep on rocking in the free world'

Weird that tonights set didn't have Better man. I thought that was a mainstay for there shows ???. I get what I'll get Monday night please god but hoping for a class show either way

Would love to hear 'Last kiss', 'Hail Hail' and there cover of 'Keep on rocking in the free world'

Weird that tonights set didn't have Better man. I thought that was a mainstay for there shows ???. I get what I'll get Monday night please god but hoping for a class show either way

It'll always be a class show. Last Kiss is probably least likely, but then again anything can happen.

Ah they played Better Man on night 1, so change it up somewhat, same as Corduroy. Was only like 5/6 repeat songs between the nights which is mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

They play Better man at most shows but the only songs you are pretty much guaranteed to see are Even Flow and Alive.

anyone knw what time they will come on stage at in London

doors open at 6.30pm i think

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

anyone knw what time they will come on stage at in London

doors open at 6.30pm i think

They went on stage around 8:30 night 1 in Amsterdam so I’d expect something similar in London

They went on stage around 8:30 night 1 in Amsterdam so I’d expect something similar in London

cool

just saw on the o2 site,
    Doors 6.30
    PJ 8pm
    Finish 11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Home from Amsterdam after what has to go down as the best gig of my life. Night 1's set wasn't for everyone, but to have Eddie dedicated Down to me was a dream come true. Mind-blowing stuff. Whoever is going to the rest of the tour will have a ball, enjoy folks

Hail Hail played tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cool

just saw on the o2 site,
    Doors 6.30
    PJ 8pm
    Finish 11pm

Times are never accurate there though I find ,gig could be over by 10.30.

I've decided to go over and seeing the Manics in the Royal Festival hall the following night ,managed to get a front row seat yesterday .

Hail Hail played tonight!

Great setlsit tonight and im now even more doubtful they will do some of the songs I want to hear Monday. Mainly Keep on rocking in the free world, hail hail, corduroy, Elderly women

Great setlsit tonight and im now even more doubtful they will do some of the songs I want to hear Monday. Mainly Keep on rocking in the free world, hail hail, corduroy, Elderly women

I think you'll get at least 2 of them. Take what you get cos it'll be unreal, nobody is ever disappointed leaving

I think you'll get at least 2 of them. Take what you get cos it'll be unreal, nobody is ever disappointed leaving

Hope so anyway

Checked in for my Monday flight, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Have 2 spare seats for London on Monday night.
    Will be at venue around 1pm to collect my own Tickets could meet up.

Another 2 great nights in the Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam. I rocked out hard the first night, and chilled out blissfully the second night. This band have so many quality songs, they could have done Night 3 and 4 at the Ziggo and still not played similar set-lists on any night. An amazing back-catalogue of tunes, their shows are a real reward for fans.

'Man of the Hour' into 'Just Breathe' on Night 2 was the most emotional 1-2 I've felt since 'Black' into 'Come Back' in Berlin 2010 for the Roskilde anniversary. 'Just Breathe' didn't previously have that effect on me at gigs, but as it turns out some death in recent years has given the song new meaning.

I'm delighted to hear 'Metamorphosis 2' by Phillip Glass return as the band's walk-on music. It sets quite the tone in a darkened, packed, anticipating arena. Especially when the lads follow it up with a chilled song as their first of the set. It's just perfect.
    Home from Amsterdam after what has to go down as the best gig of my life. Night 1's set wasn't for everyone, but to have Eddie dedicated Down to me was a dream come true. Mind-blowing stuff. Whoever is going to the rest of the tour will have a ball, enjoy folks

That's amazing. I remember Eddie calling out the request, last person I thought it would be for was a Boardsie :D Seriously though, brilliant stuff and it's testament to the band's dedication to fans.

I'm not sure if it's any of the band themselves, maybe a PA, but someone definitely keeps an eye on the 10C boards in the run up to a tour to take note of requests.

BTW love boat, I've read your request post on 10C. It brought a tear to my eye. I hope life is good man, and I can only imagine the elation you felt when you got Down in Amsterdam.

As love boat said, you are in for a treat folks. There might be some serious moaning elsewhere online about 'reduced show length', but don't let that get into your head.

My only negative, it's a big one and not related to the actual concert performances - The 10C ticket collection in Amsterdam, on both days, was a joke. I won't go on a long moan, just offer advice that if you are doing 10C collection in London, be prepared to queue for up to 1.5-2 hours. For example, one window/attendant to handle all of the surnames beginning in letters A-J, that kind of thing.

Since the Amsterdam shows, 10C have sent out an email for London 10C ticket holders making a special note that box office windows are extremely limited at the O2, and to allow plenty of time for ticket collection. I'm not going to London, but when I saw this it made me irk and gave me the impression that it will be a similar logistical nightmare at the O2 box office as it was at the Ziggo.

Oh...and I have 1 spare ticket available for Berlin. 10C GA with early entry, face value, if any of you know someone looking for a ticket.

• Advertisement

Safe travels to all heading over to London

Flying out at 11.50am in the morning, can't wait

Advertisement