Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pcfor photo &video editing

Options
  • 01-12-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all. Need some advice. I have been offered the following pc and am wonderinghow it would perform for photo editing? Any advice appreciated.
    Dell Optiplex 7010
    256GB SSD+1TB hdd, 16gb ram,
    MSI R460-4GB GDDR5, i7-3770S@3.10GHz up to 3.90 Turbo mode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

skipper756 wrote: »
    Hi all. Need some advice. I have been offered the following pc and am wonderinghow it would perform for photo editing? Any advice appreciated.
    Dell Optiplex 7010
    256GB SSD+1TB hdd, 16gb ram,
    MSI R460-4GB GDDR5, i7-3770S@3.10GHz up to 3.90 Turbo mode

Not a recent processor by any means but should have no problem with light photo/video editing
    I think the CPU would be a bottleneck with any heavy HD stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

Thanks for the reply. So you reckon I need more cpu power? Any recommendations?

Thanks for the reply. So you reckon I need more cpu power? Any recommendations?

Well what type of editing are you hoping to do exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

mordeith wrote: »
    Well what type of editing are you hoping to do exactly?

I do a lot of photography and process raw files. I also do some drone work with 1080p and 4k video.

I do a lot of photography and process raw files. I also do some drone work with 1080p and 4k video.

You could upgrade the CPU. I'm not what the mobo supports though. Should be in the manual or online

• Advertisement
Advertisement