Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molex cables

Options
  • 01-12-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Help!

Need to fairly urgently track down some molex 4 pin to 6 pin pci cables, but nearest store with them in stock appears to be Currys in Waterford, and I'm in Dublin.

Maplins etc., don't appear to have them, where else can you get archaic cables from these days??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

the corpo wrote: »
    Help!

Need to fairly urgently track down some molex 4 pin to 6 pin pci cables, but nearest store with them in stock appears to be Currys in Waterford, and I'm in Dublin.

Maplins etc., don't appear to have them, where else can you get archaic cables from these days??

How many do you need? I have one you are welcome to if you can collect

Lu Tze wrote: »
    How many do you need? I have one you are welcome to if you can collect

I'm assuming this is what you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Oh, wow thanks

That looks like it, alright! Is the 4 pin male or female? Where are you based? I need two!

Oh, wow thanks

That looks like it, alright! Is the 4 pin male or female? Where are you based? I need two!

I looked in the jumble of cables and I have a second as well. 1 is 2xmolex to 6 pin, and the other is 1xmolex to 6 pin. The both are male molex. I don't offer any warranty or guarantee they work (I've never used them, came with graphics cards over the years) but they are yours if you want them. Send me PM if you do

Hero!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Oh, wow thanks

Not to be the buzzkill but what model PSU is that? Any PSU that requires two of those adaptors is highly unlikely to be up to the job of powering a card that needs that much power....

I forget the model, but it's a 400watter. It's up and running now, I would have thought I'd be getting resets etc, if there wasn't enough power?

I don't smell any burning.....yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It would be likely fine if you were just using it on the desktop but be pretty dodgy if you were actually playing games or putting the card under strain. For it to have not even a single pci-e connector, it would have to be either extremely old, or just a very cheap supply. The first option would actually be a lot better. If it is just very old it could still be OK to deliver enough power.

Advertisement