Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE THE iveagh gardens

Options
  • 01-12-2017 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

July 7th

tickets on sale next Thursday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any idea if Johnny Marr will be playing with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

lc180 wrote: »
    Any idea if Johnny Marr will be playing with them?

... or Jools Holland for that piano solo on Uncertain Smile? ;)

Another one for me to go and see. Once Matt Johnson doesn't replicate his infamous meltdown Festival set. :rolleyes: I expect it'll be a crowd pleaser, though.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Excited about this.

Already posted that these are the one band u wanted to see that I haven't.

I have tickets for 2 shows in London next year, but I'd rather see them here, save on the travel expenses.

Anyone know what the Iveagh Gardens are like for a gig?

Who is selling tickets? Nothing on tickrtmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Excited about this.

Already posted that these are the one band u wanted to see that I haven't.

I have tickets for 2 shows in London next year, but I'd rather see them here, save on the travel expenses.

Anyone know what the Iveagh Gardens are like for a gig?

Who is selling tickets? Nothing on tickrtmaster.

I'll be in London for the Albert Hall gig, so I'll get to see them here too!
    Only seen them once before, years ago in the Point.

I was at the Pixies gig in the Iveagh Gardens a couple of years ago. Nice venue.

Nothing on TM but Viagogo have it listed: https://www.viagogo.ie/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/The-The-Tickets

• Advertisement

Popeleo wrote: »
    I'll be in London for the Albert Hall gig, so I'll get to see them here too!
    Only seen them once before, years ago in the Point.

I was at the Pixies gig in the Iveagh Gardens a couple of years ago. Nice venue.

Nothing on TM but Viagogo have it listed: https://www.viagogo.ie/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/The-The-Tickets

It's on the Aiken Promotions website and tickets thru ticketmaster.

Got the Royal Albert Hall ones too.

Is Iveagh Gardens all standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

This will be the gig of the summer. Never thought I'd get to see them live, can't wait.

It's on the Aiken Promotions website and tickets thru ticketmaster.

Got the Royal Albert Hall ones too.

Is Iveagh Gardens all standing?

Yes, apart from a wheelchair/disabled section.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

What's the capacity? Likely to sell out you reckon?

I'm still tempted to go see them in the RAH, I don't like concerts outside, especially when they are on a summers evening, too bright, and not the best atmosphere for a gig.

• Advertisement

Tickets bought.

Thats tickets for Iveagh Gardens, The Royal Albert Hall and the Troxy!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Happy out. Ticket secured. Saw them in July'90 at the old point depot. To this day still one of my greatest gigs ever. Marr was there. Never forget it. They opened with "Sweet Bird of Truth" with a load of dry ice and Matt on distorted vocals and the sexiest dancer ever silhouetted in the background. Cannot believe it will be 28 years later nearly to the day.

I'll be honest, I have my reservations about an outdoor gig in July at 7:30pm.

It'll be perfectly bright throughout the gig, and this always spoiled the atmosphere for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I'll be honest, I have my reservations about an outdoor gig in July at 7:30pm.

It'll be perfectly bright throughout the gig, and this always spoiled the atmosphere for me.

Just wear really dark shades and you'll be ok :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Just wear really dark shades and you'll be ok :-D

And the dark glass's will keep the rain out of your eyes!!

Tickets arrived for the Royal Albert Hall gig.....I think I wanna see them there tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Just booked my tickets, saw them last time they were here on the Naked self tour. Been to the gigs in the Iveagh gardens for the last 4 years, great venue and atmosphere.

Are you allowed to mention tickets for sale on this forum, I didn't see any Sticky to warn against.

Anyways, I have 2 general admission tickets for this gig, going to see them in Belfast instead.

Only looking for €95 delivered, cost me €125.

If anyone interested PM me.

Post on Toutless.com instead

Up there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Anyone know stage times for support and The The on Sat night?

I hope he has the sound mix right for Saturday night. Reviews for Royal Albert Hall and 02 Brixton mixed from great to sh11te depending on location.

Can't wait to see him regardless, waiting for this since was a (pretty cool) teen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Very important question...never been to a gig in the Iveagh gardens! What sort of beer do they serve?? Its important as its going to be a warm day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

I have reservations about Iveagh as a venue tbh??

What ye think folks? have chance of getting a ticket but not a fan of outdoor gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Weigh up how keen you are to see them versus your dislike of outdoor gigs. I'm not a fan of outdoor shows either, but this was a day one purchase for me.
    My few previous visits to the Iveagh Gardens have all been excellent shows, so I've no issue with the venue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Any stage times yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Very important question...never been to a gig in the Iveagh gardens! What sort of beer do they serve?? Its important as its going to be a warm day;)

Was going to ask this myself, any one know? Thanks

From Aiken:

6.30pm Gates
    8pm Xordox
    9pm The The

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Was going to ask this myself, any one know? Thanks

Carlsberg, I'm told!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Loved that!