Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AHA Live at the Marquee june 12th

Options
  • 01-12-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Tickets on sale next thusday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes!
    At last my prayers have been answered ,I cant wait to see them ,one of my favourite bands.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Where, Cork? And when? How much are tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Nice. I'll be there. I was in the RDS in 1988. And have seen them throughout Europe since. I'll be getting a few tickets on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm in too, I love them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They haven't played here since October 2002, so this is very much in keeping with their promise to play in places they haven't visited in a while. I've had to go abroad to see them since the last time. This is great news. First I heard about The The in the Iveagh Gardens, and then this. It's like Christmas has come early. 2018 is shaping up very nicely now.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

They haven't played here since October 2002, so this is very much in keeping with their promise to play in places they haven't visited in a while. I've had to go abroad to see them since the last time. This is great news. First I heard about The The in the Iveagh Gardens, and then this. It's like Christmas has come early. 2018 is shaping up very nicely now.

It's great news that they are finally coming back. I too had to travel to see them. I would have preferred Dublin but I'll take any Irish show!

OMD are supporting them on their UK dates but there's no mention of them for the Irish gig. I really hope they support them here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The UK summer shows are bigger venues than the Marquee, so I'm not sure that's likely, but if we do get OMD, that is an incredible double bill.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

The UK summer shows are bigger venues than the Marquee, so I'm not sure that's likely, but if we do get OMD, that is an incredible double bill.

Yeah, you're probably right, unfortunately.
    They would have announced it if they were the support!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

kmurph wrote: »

Not a hope, just looked at tour schedule and it doesn't fit in, date off either side of Cork but stick in a Dublin date and they'd be doing 4 consecutive nights, plus travel

• Advertisement

Tickets are ~60 euro ,very reasonable .

It sold out in a few hours .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I had tickets in my basket and abandoned them. It's essentially two days off work plus travel plus hotel and I decided I didn't want them as much as I thought I did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Hadn't expected tickets to sell out so fast, had no access to internet till this evening, bit disappointed to miss out on tickets

Got two but I was a bit late for the standing tickets so only got seated, My friend will be happy but I like to get close to the front. Still, glad I got them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ Aglomerado, Ive done Live at the Marquee 3 times and theres nothing stopping anyone with a seated ticket going to the standing area. Enjoy.

poundhound wrote: »
    @ Aglomerado, Ive done Live at the Marquee 3 times and theres nothing stopping anyone with a seated ticket going to the standing area. Enjoy.

And vice versa! Thanks Poundhound.

I haven't been since Pixies 2016 and it was fairly flexible then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Hi there, I'm looking for two standing tickets to this gig - please PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Anyone have any idea where the band might be staying? Where they're likely to hang out before and after the show??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Still looking for 2 tickets for this gig, please pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Moznips

Saw a pair on Adverts recently - might be worth keeping an eye on

1 week to go !
    Cant wait for this

Keep an eye out on Ticketmaster guys ,they have released a few batches of tickets over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Tickets on toutless - including my pair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

PetraMac wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea where the band might be staying? Where they're likely to hang out before and after the show??

not creepy at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

1 week to go !
    Cant wait for this

Keep an eye out on Ticketmaster guys ,they have released a few batches of tickets over the last few weeks.

I can confirm this, I got two tickets last week on Ticketmaster.ie
    And if these are now gone, keep checking, right up to gig day,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone any ideas about parking down there? I'll be driving down and back on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

I have 2 seated tickets. Looking for 2 standing. Anyone want to swop?

unichick wrote: »
    I have 2 seated tickets. Looking for 2 standing. Anyone want to swop?

Just go into the standing section ,there are no checks inside the tent ,if you have seats you can stand.

• Advertisement

From looking at the setlists on the current tour ,only 2 gigs so far ,it looks like a greatest hits setlist .
    Only 18 songs though but all the hits.

Advertisement