Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achieving H4 in Irish- Advice

Options
  • 01-12-2017 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am an SNA in a Primary School- I completed my LC in 2012 and achieved 520 points, I continued on to receive a B.Sc. in Psychology and an M.Sc. in Child Psychology and have over 4 years experience working with children with special needs.

I now want to apply for a Primary Teaching PME which is 2 years following graduation from a degree- however it requires a H4 in HL Irish (previously C3) I dropped to OL the day of my LC in 2012 and got an A1 (H1)

I am now 5 years along, not proficient in Irish due to lack of use and will do anything to achieve my grade needed in June.

I was always excellent at the orals and find that this would be my strong point, however I am simply looking for advice regarding the written examination papers. The course has not changed since I did my LC as we were the first year with the new syllabus, so I would have some recollection of the stories/poems and play.

I am looking for advice from you guys, as to the best books/revision guides/best practise when studying for the Irish exam. Time is relatively tight so I want to get as proficient as possible and would really appreciate the help.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Use 'Ar Fheabhas' in Indo every wed. Pay a good teacher (not someone who says 'I got an A1 so I'm brilliant') to correct your written work weekly. Use any of the Revision text books.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It will come back to you quick enough. For now, concentrate on the oral. All over the country there are conversational Irish courses available at a small charge.
    Make an effort to get as close to full marks in the oral as you can.

Advertisement