Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE & Broken/Woken Matt Hardy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

come on guys when Matt was in TNA/Indies we all wanted him to come to WWE and do broken Matt vs Bray Wyatt now we seem too have it and a lot of people are still not happy

this could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bray has been so bad over the last 12 months though, genuine channel changer, that's the concern.

I did enjoy the promo last night tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I look forward to the reactions when vince buries woken matt hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I had only seen clips here and there of Broken Matt in TNA but I loved Woken Matt. Hopefully it keeps going well.

I have watched that Woken Matt clip loads of times on youtube! I only just now got that when Matt says "The consumer of Terrestrial Entities" He meant the "Eater of Worlds" as Bray often says!! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ya know, I was trying to decipher that all evening but you're right :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Due to my conDEEshun..."

I love how he says that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

I've barely watched wrestling in years, certainly never watched TNA, but I like to keep up to date through here and r/SquaredCircle. Though I'm more interested in wrestling as a business and the behind the scenes stuff than I am with storylines.

Can someone explain the Broken gimmick and how it started? I've only seen clips, and it looks outlandishly cartoonish. Not being familiar with it, I've struggled to see how hes so over with the gimmick. Or is this just a reaction to what has been a poor decade in terms of gimmicks, where most wrestlers are now just FirstName LastName in one of 3 costumes - and fans embracing something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say it's a combination of things. The fact it's the Hardys helps. But then with how over the top it is. And the spectacle that was The Final Deletion just sold everyone. It's a fun character. Matt seems to enjoy it and the fans enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

The best thing i can compare to is The Room, it's so bad it's good. But it's very self aware at how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So reading this morning that Vince has given Matt full creative control over this.

If true we as fans could be onto a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So reading this morning that Vince has given Matt full creative control over this.

If true we as fans could be onto a winner.

This is DELIGHTFUL news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've barely watched wrestling in years, certainly never watched TNA, but I like to keep up to date through here and r/SquaredCircle. Though I'm more interested in wrestling as a business and the behind the scenes stuff than I am with storylines.

Can someone explain the Broken gimmick and how it started? I've only seen clips, and it looks outlandishly cartoonish. Not being familiar with it, I've struggled to see how hes so over with the gimmick. Or is this just a reaction to what has been a poor decade in terms of gimmicks, where most wrestlers are now just FirstName LastName in one of 3 costumes - and fans embracing something different?

Here's a cut and paste of an answer I gave to someone a few months back:

Basically he became 'broken' as a result of a feud with Jeff and began to act like a crazy person, bleaching part of his hair blonde and talking in a strange British-type accent. He vowed to delete Jeff, or Brother Nero as he calls him (Nero is Jeff's middle name and he tends to refer to people by their middle names) and claimed to be in touch with 7 deities who had given him powers.

He did a match called The Final Deletion with Jeff at the Hardy home which was a cinematic-style match with special effects and whatnot that got over huge and created more buzz for TNA than they've had in years. Certain 'characters' began to get over from these videos too like Senor Benjamin, the gardener of Matt (played by Matt's real life father-in-law) as well as a drone, Vanguard 1, and a dilapidated boat, Skarsgard, amongst other things.

As whacky as it all sounds, it got over so big that soon Broken Matt and Jeff - who later embraced the Brother Nero persona - both became huge babyfaces and it's become a cult sensation amongst fans.

For a more in-depth explanation I'd recommend listening to a podcast Matt did with Chris Jericho just after The Final Deletion while he was feuding with his brother - staying entirely in character throughout - which I think is hilarious (Jericho plays along with it). I can't imagine how many times these guys cracked up whilst making this:

Advertisement