Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Starter Pack (CUH-ZVR2) on smyths website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've no idea about these are they any good?
    Seems pricey enough. Similar price to the oculus rift.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The ZVR2 is the updated model which has streamlined cables and stereo headset built in, 'the biggest change, though, is to the Processor Unit, which allows HDR passthrough when playing on a compatible 4K television. This is one of the biggest oversights of the original PSVR, as you needed to swap out cables in order to take advantage of HDR.'

So it's the newer version!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭TacoMan

The ZVR2 is the updated model which has streamlined cables and stereo headset built in, 'the biggest change, though, is to the Processor Unit, which allows HDR passthrough when playing on a compatible 4K television. This is one of the biggest oversights of the original PSVR, as you needed to swap out cables in order to take advantage of HDR.'

So it's the newer version!

I bought this exact bundle on Black Friday in Smyth's, but it comes with small earbuds that connect directly into one of the wires out of the headset.
    I don't regret the purchase at all, and highly recommend it to anyone with a PS4 who's even slightly interested in VR, but I've read a few places about this built-in stereo headset, but this is not the case unless I am missing something obvious? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I don't believe the updated model was available at the time of Black Friday in Europe, so are you sure you don't have the original version?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I don't believe the updated model was available at the time of Black Friday in Europe, so are you sure you don't have the original version?

Spot on, I double checked last night and I have the version 1, I was getting the model numbers confused with the version 2 camera that comes with the bundle.

Still a great purchase, even with the earbuds. I'm hoping to get move controllers in the January sales, they're a crazy price in Argos at the moment (€95). Is there much difference between the original PS3 move controllers and the latest ones that launched with the PSVR?

• Advertisement
Advertisement