Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New MTL Tank "Ares RTA from Phil, Dimitris & Innokin"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I've been hearing about the development of this for a while and watching the videos when they came out , it does seem to be the real deal for a quality, affordable, easy to rebuild MTL tank ..... only problem is the distribution seems to be pretty slow and it looks like no Irish vendors will be stocking it for a good while :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

It'll be after Xmas before we get it here & China because of the postage,bad time to buy anywhere really...
    We would be better off buying outside the EU so we can get the 5ml tank...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Vaping V1ck (not vaping with Vic) from the idealohmshow was banging on about this not being a MTL tank in their latest show!

Venom wrote: »
    Vaping V1ck (not vaping with Vic) from the idealohmshow was banging on about this not being a MTL tank in their latest show!

Interesting, I would listen to it but I'm not going to trawl through 2 plus hours to try and find exactly what he says , I'll wait for his review . I'd struggle to see how it wouldn't be MTL though given the guys that designed it and the other reviews I have seen ( two I think ) would agree with it being MTL .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I really like the look of it but as I've seen a lot of others commenting it's really just a slightly altered Siren V1. Not necessarily a bad thing but nothing revolutionary either. I pre-ordered one here but as youdipstick says it'll be mid/late January by time I get it. First ship date was 30th Nov then 6th Dec and now 12th.

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Interesting, I would listen to it but I'm not going to trawl through 2 plus hours to try and find exactly what he says , I'll wait for his review . I'd struggle to see how it wouldn't be MTL though given the guys that designed it and the other reviews I have seen ( two I think ) would agree with it being MTL .

Yeah I'm not going listen either but maybe he was referring to this? I don't really like this guy and have to watch is videos on 1.5x speed because he speaks so stop starty. Anyway TLDW he broke the diffuser cap off and says the it is actually great for restricted dtl.

Alternatively maybe Vic thinks true mtl vaping should be the same style as the Kayfun tanks and not a raised deck?

It can be bought here , although postage is a bit high .

It can be bought here , although postage is a bit high .

Yeah not cheap, think I'll wait it out for the slow boat from China. Have a Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA arriving soon so that should keep me occupied until then

Watched Todds review tonight , he really liked it but also said that he didn't feel it was true MTL . He felt people who were vaping back around 2012 would ay it was looser than MTL from back then ...air hole around .7 or .8 whereas I think the smallest hole in the Ares is 1.0 . He still thought the tank was good, well machined and the flavour was spot on and he also felt that doing a MTL was no problem ...just not as tight as the originals I suppose . I think he said the Berserker went tighter .

From the man himself
    It may sound like I am giving this a hard time in the summary but just to clarify, I think this is a great RTA, flavour, build quality and ease of use is all good. The only people that may have issue with it are people that are looking for a true MTL experience, I'm talking VERY tight, this will give you a tight draw but not what I would consider a true MTL. It probably only applies to people that have been vaping for several years, most people that people that started in the past two years, they’ll be quite happy with the tight draw.

Vaping with Vic is not impressed with this tank either at all.

He reckons they copied parts from other tanks like the Siren2 and Berserker with the airflow from Siren1.

• Advertisement

Vaping with Vic is not impressed with this tank either at all.

He reckons they copied parts from other tanks like the Siren2 and Berserker with the airflow from Siren1.

Meh , Now I'll have to admit to being a bit of a fanboy but first off he didn't really announce his attachment to the Siren V2 although he does mention within the video that he was involved in beta testing it , secondly he says that a lot of other UK reviewers are saying the flavour is muted , this is not what I've heard any of them say and both Todd and V1ck have said the flavour is great and thirdly he insinuates that the Siren V2 is the best of them ....... seems a bit biased .

My first thoughts on the Ares were always that I would base my decision on Todds review and I haven't seen anything in that that would sway me from giving it a go .

Meh , Now I'll have to admit to being a bit of a fanboy but first off he didn't really announce his attachment to the Siren V2 although he does mention within the video that he was involved in beta testing it , secondly he says that a lot of other UK reviewers are saying the flavour is muted , this is not what I've heard any of them say and both Todd and V1ck have said the flavour is great and thirdly he insinuates that the Siren V2 is the best of them ....... seems a bit biased .

My first thoughts on the Ares were always that I would base my decision on Todds review and I haven't seen anything in that that would sway me from giving it a go .

Vic mentioned he did beta testing on the Siren V2 during his review for that particular tank so a brief reminder during the Ares review is more than enough imho. He also gave the Berserker a good review so its not like he's ****ting on products to push sales of the Siren V2.

Todd, Vaping V1ck and Mick Vapes have also stated the Ares while a good RTA is not a great MTL tank due to its airflow.

Todd, Vaping V1ck and Mick Vapes have also stated the Ares while a good RTA is not a great MTL tank due to its airflow.

Indeed but they were all referring to the tightness of the draw as opposed to the way the air was directed . They also all said that the flavour was great ( I'm paraphrasing ) . I was grand with the review until he came out with the statement that loads of the UK reviewers were saying the flavour was muted which was at odds with what I was reading, hearing and seeing .

Not to worry , I'm just trying to convince myself that will be the MTL for me .

It's an interesting review considering he is slightly biased due to his involvement with the siren v2 design. Anyway it's good to see someone breaking from the norm and being honest. You can't really argue with most of what he has said, he did specifically say in his siren v2 video they changed the diffuser from the v1 for the reasons he outlined. Would be interested to see what Busardo responds to this video, he probably won't though. I'll still get the Ares myself, it's all very subjective so will be nice to come to my own conclusions

Would be interested to see what Busardo responds to this video, he probably won't though.

He already responded in the comments underneath the video which tbh is disappointing, let it go whats the point of having an argument online . It seems they have history with Vic accusing Busardo of being Big Tobacco .

He already responded in the comments underneath the video which tbh is disappointing, let it go whats the point of having an argument online . It seems they have history with Vic accusing Busardo of being Big Tobacco .

Oh yeah see that now, can't really argue with Busardo's points either but he didn't address the criticism of the diffuser, just pointed out what Vic missed. It's all just a bit of entertaining drama anyway

Oh yeah see that now, can't really argue with Busardo's points either but he didn't address the criticism of the diffuser, just pointed out what Vic missed. It's all just a bit of entertaining drama anyway

I dunno man, the majority of Phil's points are more based on whats in the box instead of addressing issues with the tank. The coiling tools, wire and cotton are nice additions but not something that would make this a must have over the other new tanks on the market.

Some feedback from Ares's users

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/ares-new-mtl-rta-designed-by-phil-busardo-and-dimitirs-agrafiotis.836107/page-33

I dunno man, the majority of Phil's points are more based on whats in the box instead of addressing issues with the tank. The coiling tools, wire and cotton are nice additions but not something that would make this a must have over the other new tanks on the market.

Some feedback from Ares's users

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/ares-new-mtl-rta-designed-by-phil-busardo-and-dimitirs-agrafiotis.836107/page-33

Yep fully agree with you, Phil really should have addressed the diffuser issue instead of bringing up other stuff as some sort of deflection?

I read that forum too, it's funny some people dismissing Vic's review because they don't like him but also interesting other people reporting no issues and really enjoying the Ares. Makes me want to try it myself as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

There's so many vapors out there with different ideas of MTL,I use to love my rollies & also cigars when on a drinking binge & those two had different draws.

Today,I prefer a loose MTL draw,my favourite tank is the Tron S with the airflow wide open but it doesn't have a build deck which I prefer,I couldn't vape on those Kayfuns at all,wasn't satisfying enough for me,maybe it just becomes a habit...

After the New Year,I'll order all those new MTL tanks from FT & give them a go,should be a lot cheaper by then as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I wish Vaping 'celebs' would just stop making tanks ... Stick to blathering on about volts for 2 hrs a time Phil

• Advertisement

I wish Vaping 'celebs' would just stop making tanks ... Stick to blathering on about volts for 2 hrs a time Phil

Meh .... if that was the case then I would have my two Serpent SMM's .

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Whelp, just cancelled my order. This tank is getting slated over on fasttech forums now that some users have received it. I bought another berzerker and instead of the Ares I decided to buy 2 Doggy tanks.

Shame as I was really hoping the Ares was going to be epic. Glad to have dodged the bullet though.

Whelp, just cancelled my order. This tank is getting slated over on fasttech forums now that some users have received it. I bought another berzerker and instead of the Ares I decided to buy 2 Doggy tanks.

Shame as I was really hoping the Ares was going to be epic. Glad to have dodged the bullet though.

Yeah tempted to cancel now as well. Might just wait for inevitable clones which may actually improve on the design. Is this the doggy tank you're referring to? I've read good things about them.

Yeah tempted to cancel now as well. Might just wait for inevitable clones which may actually improve on the design. Is this the doggy tank you're referring to? I've read good things about them.

Yeah that's it mate. Supposed to be very good. Cheap too.

I see they have it listed on FT now so I went back over to the forums to have a look and see what was being said ......it's hardly being slated . Still I'll wait until someone a little closer to home has it in stock , if I order from China now I probably won't get it until St.Patricks Day :D

I don't think "slated" was exccesive given the high expectations for this tank. The issues claimed by most, is the flavour is muted and airflow is too loose, the two most important things for a MTL tank and especially as this tank was supposed to be great for. Nearly everyone who has received it over there said they were left disappointed, except for, I think, one guy. It is the same negativity over on the e-cigarette forums in the Ares thread, muted flavour, too airy and in general just a letdown. Folks are even taking off the showerhead airflow diffuser to try improve it, I mean c'mon.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted this tank to be the one. I had it pre-ordered and it ticked all my boxes, but there is plenty of info out there from owners of the tank that have put me off. In saying all that, we are all different and there will be and are people who seem to like it, but as of now I'm gonna sit this one out. I imagine it could be fixed very easily with a different air insert as the one on it can be removed by srewing it off, so bringing out a tighter insert may fix the issues, but until then I'll wait and see.

................and yeah, I'm waiting on packages too, not looking like I'm getting them for xmas. :(

I don't think "slated" was exccesive given the high expectations for this tank. The issues claimed by most, is the flavour is muted and airflow is too loose, the two most important things for a MTL tank and especially as this tank was supposed to be great for. Nearly everyone who has received it over there said they were left disappointed, except for, I think, one guy. It is the same negativity over on the e-cigarette forums in the Ares thread, muted flavour, too airy and in general just a letdown. Folks are even taking off the showerhead airflow diffuser to try improve it, I mean c'mon.

See again you are saying 'most' and I go over there and find 'some' ...but not 'most' . I read through the e-cigarette forums and the same thing , some not impressed , some disappointed with the flavour , most criticizing Vic's review .

See again you are saying 'most' and I go over there and find 'some' ...but not 'most' . I read through the e-cigarette forums and the same thing , some not impressed , some disappointed with the flavour , most criticizing Vic's review .

But that's the thing. Only a few people on those threads actually own it and of them, most are indeed stating dissatisfaction. Either way we look at it, it's not encouraging.

These are just my opinions on what I have read though. If others like it I'm very pleased for them. I'm going to wait and see if Innokin release some inserts for it. I like a tight mtl draw and it is not in doubt that this has a loose draw as stated in even the positive reviews.

Anywho, if you or anyone here ends up getting it I would love to hear your thought on it. I do still have my eye on it as a potential purchase once I hear more customer reviews.

Heathen's review pretty much backs up nearly everything Vaping with Vic said about this tank tho in a much nicer way. Muted flavor, to airy and Siren 2 styled deck. Billy really looked uncomfortable in this review and seemed to go out of his way saying how nice Phil and Demetri were!

Mike Vape's is another who thinks its to airy and even direct lung hit with it at 40w. This is something that shouldn't be possible with a MTL tank.

Dean the Vaping Biker pretty much stated he wanted nothing to do with this tank and wouldn't review it which is kinda telling imho.

• Advertisement

Heathen's review pretty much backs up nearly everything Vaping with Vic said about this tank tho in a much nicer way. Muted flavor, to airy and Siren 2 styled deck. Billy really looked uncomfortable in this review and seemed to go out of his way saying how nice Phil and Demetri were!

Mike Vape's is another who thinks its to airy and even direct lung hit with it at 40w. This is something that shouldn't be possible with a MTL tank.

Dean the Vaping Biker pretty much stated he wanted nothing to do with this tank and wouldn't review it which is kinda telling imho.

It's bad enough the tank appears to be a letdown, but what's worse is some of these reviewers like, Djvapes etc, have lost my trust as they were saying it is one of the best tanks ever for mtl. I think some of these guys are too friendly with eachother and really I will be more sceptical of them from now on.

Advertisement