Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 55UJ651V 55 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR - €519

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Madannie

If anyone has a code for arklow or anywhere near,even carlow it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

These are quite a bit better than the usual Philips, JVC, sharp,
    Toshiba etc speakers IMO where they are poor,no bass, tinny etc.
    You're not going to get anything close to a dedicated amp and speakers, but the LG is more than acceptable for TV sound.
    ozanam wrote: »
    Most flat screens these days too. they are getting to thin to be able to put decent speakers in them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Does this have the RTE player app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

mathie wrote: »
    Does this have the RTE player app?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

code for kilarney till 7 o clock today

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ozanam

Its gone back up to 709 on the website now....

does anybody in dublin have a code at the old price?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Code for Cork Queens Available to collect until Friday at €519. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

delboy76 wrote: »
    Code for Cork Queens Available to collect until Friday at €519. PM if interested

Gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Ok what's everyone's experience on TV.
    • Picture Quality?
    • Gaming quality?
    • Smart interface?
    • Is it the dog's Boll0x?

Would of liken to get one myself but kept missing out, plus I think id need a new tv unit as legs would of been in mid air, I know I could have wall mounted it but I'm old school!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Nice - I wonder if it's the same panel? saw it at the weekend in local Currys. According to the LG site it has the HK speakers and magic remote - all other specs aside from this area are identical, and they look the same at the rear.
    Great price from Argos at an effective 509 at the weekend with the 10 euro off back (which I got to use anyway).
    Magic remote seems to be in the £40 range too.

Magic remote is €29.99 in DID

https://www.did.ie/lg-2017-magic-remote-control-black-an-mr650a-aeu-an-mr650a-aeu-prd?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3baerr_z1wIVyb3tCh1EIgCsEAYYASABEgJAmfD_BwE#fo_c=1898&fo_k=5f8c4c0872977f7a75214e55e256b4ee&fo_s=gplaie

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

jacob2 wrote: »
    code for st. stephens green dublin collect by tomorrow
    have code for carlow
    got reservation code for longford
    got one yesterday in argos nutgrove bargain plus a 10 euro voucher so it was only 509 euro
    5 days, 4 hours in Bargain Alerts by jacob2

Good night Everybody! Is it any wonder we cannot reserve items!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NKELLY

I have code for Dublin Ilac Centre I am not using expiry tomorrow. PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

NKELLY wrote:
    I have code for Dublin Ilac Centre I am not using expiry tomorrow. PM if interested.

They're not giving without email now as price has changed so code alone no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

DaraDali wrote: »
    Good night Everybody! Is it any wonder we cannot reserve items!!!

Why would anyone reserve so many, the mind boggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Why do you have so many reserved across the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

To give to boardsies by the look of things. I got one of his codes so am grateful. Standing here in Argos now but code not enough, they want email as price has gone up on system. Any ideas???

Before I test only to be stuck with knowing they are there every time I look at it, what are the expectations around dead or stuck pixels/stuck pixels on a 4k panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

GaGa21 wrote: »
    To give to boardsies by the look of things. I got one of his codes so am grateful. Standing here in Argos now but code not enough, they want email as price has gone up on system. Any ideas???

Ya to give to boardsies? Lets wait till an hr before the code runs out to post on here, Think of how many boardsies would have gotten them if he didn't reserve one in each store! You could have reserved one if he hadnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

DaraDali wrote: »
    Ya to give to boardsies? Lets wait till an hr before the code runs out to post on here, Think of how many boardsies would have gotten them if he didn't reserve one in each store! You could have reserved one if he hadnt!

all talk boardies asking for codes wen had no intenion of using them i bought 4 of them MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Still showing as 519 on the original link.
    I got one still to open it yet hopefully the weekend will have it setup. It was on the wall in the shop and looked unreal.
    Thanks op

• Advertisement

One stuck subpixel here but think I'll live with it and try the usual fix videos..

Amd thanks again to OP
    Fantastic value
    Satellite, freeview HD and saorview along with full smart functionality, a quality panel and in a set of this quality and at that price...
    (spoken in 13th Duke of Weybourne voice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Amd thanks again to OP
    Fantastic value
    Satellite, freeview HD and saorview along with full smart functionality, a quality panel and in a set of this quality and at that price...
    (spoken in 13th Duke of Weybourne voice)

How easy is it to flip between Saorview and satellite (Freesat)? I presume the TV needs to be set to "UK" for Freesat to be available (which is infinitely better than tuning in the sat channels yourself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

horse7 wrote: »
    I got the same,did you get any more information.

So I have a reservation email with no code and can't get anyone in Argos to sort it out. Anyone have a Irish based Argos phone number to call. Going in circles with the English helpline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Currys one is still edge lit, 50hz, getting nothing extra except the poxy remote which after a year when the updates stop will be no addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

TV all setup on the wall now.
    Any suggestions on getting fingerprints off the TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

honda boi wrote: »
    TV all setup on the wall now.
    Any suggestions on getting fingerprints off the TV?

Glasses wipes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

horse7 wrote: »
    So I have a reservation email with no code and can't get anyone in Argos to sort it out. Anyone have a Irish based Argos phone number to call. Going in circles with the English helpline.

It will make no difference. The email without a code is a glitch that Argos sen dout in the middle of big traffic reservations. It means the computers have not kept up with demand and couldn’t actually reserve one for you.

JDxtra wrote: »
    How easy is it to flip between Saorview and satellite (Freesat)? I presume the TV needs to be set to "UK" for Freesat to be available (which is infinitely better than tuning in the sat channels yourself).

Yes needs to be set to UK for freesat. To switch between freesat and saorview it's a matter of pressing the list button on the remote and changing filter to antenna or satellite. Not seamless but not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Price showing at 519 but when i reserve it it shows 709 says 519 price is valid to 26Jan 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ninty wrote:
    Price showing at 519 but when i reserve it it shows 709 says 519 price is valid to 26Jan 2018

Same. Have one reserved in my local Argos. Listed at €519 but reserves at €709.

Have it reserved incase the price reverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

Craicing telly.
    Well impressed with the sound for such a thin tv.
    Saw the same tv in powercity for 750euro 😀

Has anyone found the "best picture set up" that they could post a pic of the settings.
    Ive spent ages changing contrast, colours and back light brightness and cant seem to hit the sweet spot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

Has anyone found the "best picture set up" that they could post a pic of the settings.

Have a look here....

https://www.which.co.uk/static/tools/new-reviews/tv-settings/tv-settings.html?utm_source=webgains&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=22278&source_code=314AGJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Price is back up to €709 now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Price is back up to €709 now :(

Dammit...I'm going to keep stalking Argos and this thread in case it comes down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Might be good for someone to stalk for alternatives. Think people would be interested in a thread with deals based on size. Like a mega thread for each size. Not sure if it would work though.

49/50

Would this stand be suitable for the TV?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XJRJFNY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1

Says VESA compatibility so I presume it would.

boris1234 wrote: »
    Would this stand be suitable for the TV?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XJRJFNY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1

Says VESA compatibility so I presume it would.

Yea that would be fine.
    39.95euro for a wall bracket with tilt funtion in powercity is what I went for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Where were the screws for the stands that come with it in your packaging?
    Can keep digging but may have missed something obvious!!
    In a packet with remote i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Word of warning. The legs are positioned crap on these models. Make sure you have the proper size stand to fit them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

mojesius wrote: »
    Dammit...I'm going to keep stalking Argos and this thread in case it comes down

Move on lad. Christmas/new year sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Word of warning. The legs are positioned crap on these models. Make sure you have the proper size stand to fit them on.

You can buy a TV stand or feet that fit the wall bracket mounting holes on the rear of the TV.
    Something like this.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01H36QAN4/ref=psdcmw_1338214031_t1_B01LWL2WDE

See the stock popping up now for all the people that reserved and didn't collect. What a waste for those that wanted one at the special price.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

What a waste for those that wanted one at the special price.

+1
    Always the way, there are loads who reserve them and never end up buying them. :(
    Would have bought one for the lower price myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

Picked my reservation up last night... delighted with it. Have it up on the wall over the fireplace already. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phelant

Thanks OP. Got mine on Tues. very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

It is a very good point and yes they are crap and I don't really have anything right to put it on, but for that price I got it at I will get over that fact, even if you add the price of a stand it was still a bargain!

I just purchased this stand for it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XGXMJRM

The sooner it comes the better as I'm a bit nervy of it's current position on my tv unit.

On another note. I got a reservation code for Jervis and shared it with a fellow boardsie the other day. It was supposed to be ready for collection between Tuesday and Thursday but I never got a text to say it was in.

The person I gave it to checked in store with the code on Tuesday but it wasn't available with that code as I hadn't received a text.

Now the collection window has passed and still haven't received a text. Where would we stand now on trying to get the TV at the original bargain price given they never sent me a text?

It's showing back in stock now.

Tried calling and emailing Argos but no response.

• Advertisement
Advertisement