Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 55UJ651V 55 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR - €519

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

boris1234 wrote: »
    On another note. I got a reservation code for Jervis and shared it with a fellow boardsie the other day. It was supposed to be ready for collection between Tuesday and Thursday but I never got a text to say it was in.

The person I gave it to checked in store with the code on Tuesday but it wasn't available with that code as I hadn't received a text.

Now the collection window has passed and still haven't received a text. Where would we stand now on trying to get the TV at the original bargain price given they never sent me a text?

It's showing back in stock now.

Tried calling and emailing Argos but no response.

Did you get an email? This is key...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Did you get an email? This is key...

Yep. Got an email with the reservation number etc. so it doesn't appear to have been a glitch with no stock behind it or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭A1404

Have unwanted reservation number for Drogheda, must collect today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

fmul9798 wrote: »
    See the stock popping up now for all the people that reserved and didn't collect. What a waste for those that wanted one at the special price.

stock is popping up in shops now as they are re stocking to get 709 euro were not restocking quick for 519 euro as one shop told me wen it was for sale in uk at 579 pounds which it still is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

boris1234 wrote: »
    Yep. Got an email with the reservation number etc. so it doesn't appear to have been a glitch with no stock behind it or anything.

If you have an email with the price on it, they will honour it.

However, I've seen where people edit the price to get it cheaper, which will just fuck it up for the rest of us.

If you have an email with the price on it, they will honour it.

However, I've seen where people edit the price to get it cheaper, which will just fuck it up for the rest of us.

Thanks, so probably best to go in store with the email and tell them I never got a text so can I just pick it up now at this price since it is in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

honda boi wrote: »
    TV all setup on the wall now.
    Any suggestions on getting fingerprints off the TV?

What bracket / mount did you use? am thinking of mounting on wall too

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Picked mine up yesterday as well. Needed the email to get it at 519. Thanks to the OP and Kindalen for the reservation code.

Think I'll have to mount it on the wall as well, the legs are so far apart it's barely on my stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Picked my reservation up last night... delighted with it. Have it up on the wall over the fireplace already. Thanks op

do you light the fire and could send me pic ? I was told TV over fires is a major no no !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

LizardKing wrote: »
    What bracket / mount did you use? am thinking of mounting on wall too

This is the one I'm using.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010G6972O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_60NkAb3BA53K3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Still waiting for stock to arrive in naas. The reservation says it was to arrive between Wednesday and today. Even if it doesn't arrive until next week I am guessing the reservation is still valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

They are popping up primarily because reservations are expiring
    jacob2 wrote: »
    stock is popping up in shops now as they are re stocking to get 709 euro were not restocking quick for 519 euro as one shop told me wen it was for sale in uk at 579 pounds which it still is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

After a forensic examination of my email confirmation by Argos staff I picked mine up yesterday.

Big thanks to ALS for the reservation code.

I was all set to head off to collect it with just the reservation code when I saw people here saying that they needed the email too.
    So I contacted ALS but unfortunately he'd deleted the email and even went so far as to call Argos to get them to resend it.
    No surprises for guessing that they wouldn't / couldn't.

So I engaged a few brain cells and went onto the argos.ie website and stuck in a reservation for the TV at the higher price.
    I was then able to forward that email to myself and edit the reservation number and price.
    I then took a screenshot of that and presented that when trying to collect the TV.

The girl in customer services asked the guy behind the til to look at the screenshot then a manager was called over.
    I felt like McLuvin when he was trying to buy the alcohol with the fake ID.

I was told it wasn't in stock and then all of a sudden it was.

A few minutes later I walked out with a bargain price TV.

Many thanks to ALS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I know people were rightly all over this at €519, but how does it stack up as a €709 tv? Wondering whether to just say **** it and get one or hold on incase another Christmas/January sale comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

Are people using the hdr option, anytime I stick it on everything looks worse,like if your watching something on netflix 4k should your picture settings be different to when you put on normal tv channels not in 4k,it would be annoying to change picture settings on a regular basis

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Niall20

Picked up one of these yesterday in St Stephens Green.. A bargain at the price, great TV. Only question from me is, since this is the first TV in our place, what's the best option for getting a digital/satellite/cable reception? I've tried with an indoor aerial which doesn't seem to pick up anything. Should I just sign up with one of the cable/sat companies or is there an easy way to take advantage of the free-view stuff if reception is not great?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Niall20 wrote: »
    Picked up one of these yesterday in St Stephens Green.. A bargain at the price, great TV. Only question from me is, since this is the first TV in our place, what's the best option for getting a digital/satellite/cable reception? I've tried with an indoor aerial which doesn't seem to pick up anything. Should I just sign up with one of the cable/sat companies or is there an easy way to take advantage of the free-view stuff if reception is not great?

Best get an outdoor antenna for Saorview.If signal is still weak,you can add a booster box to the cable to amplify the signal.
    The tv has a freesat satellite receiver built-in,just connect a cable from dish that's positioned at Astra 28.2E..Set the post code on the TV to somewhere in London and select auto tune.All the channels will be automatically arranged.If signal from dish is weak you can again add a booster to the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Best get an outdoor antenna for Saorview.If signal is still weak,you can add a booster box to the cable to amplify the signal.
    The tv has a freesat satellite receiver built-in,just connect a cable from dish that's positioned at Astra 28.2E..Set the post code on the TV to somewhere in London and select auto tune.All the channels will be automatically arranged.If signal from dish is weak you can again add a booster to the cable.

Could someone put up a screenshot of the original advert for the 519euro please. I want to send it to Argos with my original reservation , which does not show the catalogue number or price.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the itv and 4 players on the tv in Ireland? I know BBC I player is only uk but I think these work here on other platforms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

try changing the app store region in the setting to united kingdom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

What does the magic remote do that the supplied remote can't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

What does the magic remote do that the supplied remote can't?
    I think it's mainly voice commands...

http://www.lg.com/us/magic-remote

try changing the app store region in the setting to united kingdom

How do you change that,in play store-- settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Has anyone managed to load Showbox onto their Philips TV? If so, how?

Has anyone updated the firmware to version 04.70.04?
    Just wondering what features this adds.

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    Could someone put up a screenshot of the original advert for the 519euro please. I want to send it to Argos with my original reservation , which does not show the catalogue number or price.

I've reserved but need the original screenshot with catalogue number and price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Anyone got a guide for making iptv work, got the basics, bought app on spitv.eu, but i don't got a proper url to input? Cheers pm if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

How do you change that,in play store-- settings

Q.Menu(on remote)-Advanced-General-Location-Lg Services Country and change that to United Kingdom.

I don't have this TV but I do have a LG smart TV with webOS so it should be this or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnnaMD

I've reserved but need the original screenshot with catalogue number and price.

I have a screenshot, but this is my first time posting, so I don't know how to attach a picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

AnnaMD wrote: »
    I have a screenshot, but this is my first time posting, so I don't know how to attach a picture!

It'll need to be the same store too.

I'm sure ye could swap details via PM

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    It'll need to be the same store too.

I'm sure ye could swap details via PM

I just want the catalogue number with the price just to confirm the item was 519 for the TV, I have the reservation email with no code. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnnaMD

I just want the catalogue number with the price just to confirm the item was 519 for the TV, I have the reservation email with no code. Thanks

If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send you on the screenshot. Its just shows the price and the catalogue number. My dad had purchased the TV in Powercity a few days earlier, but paid more for it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

chris1970 wrote: »
    Anyone got a guide for making iptv work, got the basics, bought app on spitv.eu, but i don't got a proper url to input? Cheers pm if necessary

I downloaded the app. Used the 7 day trial then paid the €4:99 for it.
    I have my MAC address to one of those tv service providers and paid €80 for a 12 month subscription. He done everything remotely.

Are you trying to fight Argos for one?
    Hope you get sorted but from previous experience that means you never actually reserved the item.

a lot of eletricical shops put prices of tv.s up and down like powercity etc not only argos if argos was selling it for 519 now 709 thats the way if u reserved it for 519 then u should get for 519. if u reserved it now for 709 and want it for 519 that different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

a lot of eletricical shops put prices of tv.s up and down like powercity etc not only argos if argos was selling it for 519 now 709 thats the way if u reserved it for 519 then u should get for 519. if u reserved it now for 709 and want it for 519 that different

use http://checkargos.com if any doubts

zom wrote: »
    use http://checkargos.com if any doubts

the price showing is 709 euro

How long does the reserve code last tho?

My guess is Argos would cover themselves by saying subject to availability.

reserve codes last for two day if in stock if gets ordered it will last for 4 to 6 days if u order something on a friday and its in stock it will be held till monday if everything was held for a week or two there would be some stock needing bigger stores

the price showing is 709 euro

It is now,but if you tap on last weekend it display the price then which was €519.
    I bought one last Sunday and am delighted with it for the price.
    I only have it setup temporarily until I get a stand I have ordered from Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Good old Marty on a 55'er
    Frank_1969 wrote: »
    It is now,but if you tap on last weekend it display the price then which was €519.
    I bought one last Sunday and am delighted with it for the price.
    I only have it setup temporarily until I get a stand I have ordered from Amazon.

AnnaMD wrote: »
    If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send you on the screenshot. Its just shows the price and the catalogue number. My dad had purchased the TV in Powercity a few days earlier, but paid more for it!

Thanks, could you just pm it to me please.

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Good old Marty on a 55'er

Sinead was looking well though.
    Not being biased or anything, being from Cork myself like :-)

I reserved mine last week on the 2nd. It was available for collection from 3rd-9th.
    I collected it today at 5pm. Reserved at 519 but the shop tried to charge 709. Manager called and no problem paying the reserved price of €519.

kceire wrote: »
    I reserved mine last week on the 2nd. It was available for collection from 3rd-9th.
    I collected it today at 5pm. Reserved at 519 but the shop tried to charge 709. Manager called and no problem paying the reserved price of €519.
    Well done.. Good to see the reservation price being honoured.. It's a steal at the price,you won't be disappointed.I'm delighted with mine.
    Here's a link for best picture settings.Enjoy!!
    https://www.which.co.uk/static/tools/new-reviews/tv-settings/tv-settings.html

kceire wrote: »

So did I but got an email with no code,

What did the email actually say?

What did the email
    Argos logo

Thanks for shopping at Argos.ie. If you requested it, we'll also send your reservation number by text.
    Please remember that these items have not yet been paid for. Please quote your reservation number at the store.

Store details for Liffey Valley

Liffey Valley

Unit 9A, Liffey Valley Retail Park, Liffey Valley
    Dublin 22
    Co. Dublin
    Republic of Ireland

Opening hours

Sat 09:00-20:00
    Sun 09:00-20:00
    Mon 09:00-21:00
    Tues 09:00-21:00
    Wed 09:00-21:00
    Thur 09:00-21:00
    Fri 09:00-21:00
    Please note that these opening times are updated regularly but may change due to unforeseen circumstances
    Print this page to take your reservation number to the store then pay for and collect your items

Store Pick-up information
    Pay in-store at the Quick pay kiosk or any till.
    We'll hold your reservation in-store until the end of the next working
    day. Any items not available immediately can usually be ordered in
    from the warehouse for you (subject to stock).
    Check & Reserve is not available at Call & Collect stores.
    Need help?
    Email Customer Services
    Call 1800 535091 - see contact us for our customer service
    opening hours. (For security and training purposes, calls may be monitored)
    Symbols
    Excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee
    Price footnote
    Reduced price only as part of a special offer
    Argos distributors (Ireland) Ltd, Trading as Argos and Argos Extra. Registered in Dublin No. 43174. Registered Office: Unit C1, Gulliver's Retail Park, Ballymun Road, Santry, Dublin 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

If email/txt is missing reservation number then you can't get it.

• Advertisement

That means the computer system couldn’t keep up with the amount of reservations V actual stock of that item.

I have a mate in Argos and even when this has happened to me in the past, nothing can be done. It is simply a missed reservation.

Advertisement