Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 55UJ651V 55 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR - €519

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I picked mine up in Nutgrove yesterday, no problem getting at reserved price, thanks op.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I now have a Nordmende 55” Smart LED 4K TV for sale if anybody is looking :)
    Only a month old with receipt from powercity so full warranty still in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Long shot but does anyone know if you can access a hard drive (that's attached to the tv) on windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Lads Ive reserved this in Naas and can see that it has now come back into stock at the new price but I didn't get a reminder email or text from Argos. Has this happened to anybody before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Iv found a 4K stream source and when I go to play it the screen flashes from black to all green flickers.

Anyone know why this might be?

Do I need a special hdmi cable for 4K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

boris1234 wrote: »
    Iv found a 4K stream source and when I go to play it the screen flashes from black to all green flickers.

Anyone know why this might be?

Do I need a special hdmi cable for 4K
    Hdmi 2.0 or higher needed for 4k @ 60 fps.
    If you try a 4k video on YouTube and it plays ok,then it's not your broadband and probably not your television.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

mathie wrote:
    Long shot but does anyone know if you can access a hard drive (that's attached to the tv) on windows?

I think it supports SMB but I ain't sure!

Lads Ive reserved this in Naas and can see that it has now come back into stock at the new price but I didn't get a reminder email or text from Argos. Has this happened to anybody before?

Did you get a reservation number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

kceire wrote: »
    Did you get a reservation number?

I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

Been on to Argos support since 2nd December, and they finally gave me a reservation number and for all their help it is for the lastest price 700+ euros.

• Advertisement

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Hdmi 2.0 or higher needed for 4k @ 60 fps.
    If you try a 4k video on YouTube and it plays ok,then it's not your broadband and probably not your television.

I've tried a 4K video on youtube app and that works. Also, tried youtube 4k video on my kodi raspberry pi and that worked.

I think it may something to do with the Raspberry pi though with the particular video Im trying to play.

I've noticed my Netflix movies are much clearer, better depth and overall better on this TV compared to my previous Nordmende 4K TV. Really happy with the swap out.

Has anyone experienced the tv rebooting by itself, unexpectedly?
    Happened to me Wednesday evening, might be just a one off, maybe bad weather at the time.
    From googling I came across some forums from a few years back,this seemed to be a problem with some earlier models of LG televisions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Will_gamble

Amazing TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Happened to me before with a camera. reserved on a friday, got a reservation number and stock was due in on the following tuesday afair so available to collect from tuesday to thursday of the following week.

On the reservation it said id get a text when it was in but never got a text. Went in on the tuesday anyway only to be told that the order was still being processed and that it would be in on the Saturday and the price would be honored(in the mean time the price had gone back up). Still got no text by saturday so went in to argos to see what the story was. The camera still hadn't arrived and was told to call in to the manager on the monday.

Went in on the monday where I was told that the camera wasn't available at all and that there is nothing they could do. New stock at higher price had arrived in other stores by that monday and four or five days after this stock was available in the store I was dealing with. I left it be and didn't kick up a fuss but it all felt like a massive waste of my time and really put me off argos tbh.

Anyone know the chain of command in Argos, because their helpline is rubbish, and their on line isn't any better. I don't know just how much authority a store manager has,and really there should be someone in Argos who can solve a problem,and direct a store manager to do X or y. There's not much point going to a store manager if the point of contact was buying on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

horse7 wrote: »
    Anyone know the chain of command in Argos, because their helpline is rubbish, and their on line isn't any better. I don't know just how much authority a store manager has,and really there should be someone in Argos who can solve a problem,and direct a store manager to do X or y. There's not much point going to a store manager if the point of contact was buying on line.

I'd say you're wasting your time at this stage.

Wait for the January sales and you might get lucky.

I agree, but it would be nice for Argos to not just admit they had a problem, but to actually do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Is there any way to have uk now tv on this set? Have no vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

This tv was €1529 in Argos today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Nedser101 wrote: »

Getting ready for Jan sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

still 709 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

Took a photo I'll try to attach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

2 reserved! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it a pain...to switch between satellite and terrestrial with this TV?

fryup wrote: »
    is it a pain...to switch between satellite and terrestrial with this TV?

Press list button,then red button and select either antenna or satellite.
    My previous tv a Panasonic was more straight forward.It had a dedicated button for selecting between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Took a photo I'll try to attach
    What store was this in as the catalogue No that's on the price shows up an error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

Argos in Liffey Valley had them on the wall and priced at €719 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Down to 699 on scanner today.

• Advertisement

mad m wrote: »
    Thanks, just scraped it didnt yea...:pac:

Finally mounted it on a proper stand. I can relax now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Got a 'universal' wall mount from Amazon for this. F'ing thing doesn't fit on the back of the TV......:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Got a 'universal' wall mount from Amazon for this. F'ing thing doesn't fit on the back of the TV......:mad::mad::mad:

What one did you get?

Just spotted on another forum that homebase fonthill have universal wall bracket for TV's up to 55".. Selling off for €5..only 20 in stock.

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Just spotted on another forum that homebase fonthill have universal wall bracket for TV's up to 55".. Selling off for €5..only 20 in stock.

Make sure to check the vesa measurements on that bracket.
    This TV is vesa 300x300.

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    What one did you get?

This one.

Holes match OK, but the 'arms' of the bracket stick over the protruding lower back of the TV meaning it can't be attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

This one.

Holes match OK, but the 'arms' of the bracket stick over the protruding lower back of the TV meaning it can't be attached.

Are the arms not adjustable on that, looks like they are. Slide them closer to the center.

This one.

I think that's the exact one I'm using at the minute.
    To get the brackets to line up to the back of the TV you have to move them a bit.
    I'll throw up a pic of the back of mine

IMG_20171219_160633.jpg
    Best pic I could get with it on the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Backlights! Nice!

• Advertisement

Gulliver wrote: »
    Backlights! Nice!

Yep strip on top and bottom.
    About €6 from.China.:p
    Makes it look a lot nicer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

This one.

Cut it with hacksaw, two slots lower then bottom holes, that's what i did

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I got this one off Amazon
    Does the trick nice and neat - comes with multiple bolts, spacers screws etc. Covers all options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073ZCXMQN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20171219_160633.jpg

Company actually replied to my enquiry in the interim with exactly that solution (which, in fairness, is hardly obvious)! Will leave it until the weekend at least at this stage though. Also sent me a pdf of a rather better instruction sheet than the 'Engrish' one that came in the box.

Yep strip on top and bottom.
    About €6 from.China.:p
    Makes it look a lot nicer!

does that work the same way as philip's ambilight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

How do you load a VPN onto this T.V. ... ?

Company actually replied to my enquiry in the interim with exactly that solution (which, in fairness, is hardly obvious)! Will leave it until the weekend at least at this stage though. Also sent me a pdf of a rather better instruction sheet than the 'Engrish' one that came in the box.

Ah fair play, at least ya know now how to get it on the wall.

fryup wrote: »
    does that work the same way as philip's ambilight ?

Nah I have to manually get up and change the colour or brightness myself.

^^^^^^^^^^

a poor man's ambilight then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

AmbiTight

• Advertisement
Advertisement