Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 55UJ651V 55 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR - €519

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

This is an odd question but when in standby mode is anyone elses tv making a "clicking" sound every 2 or so seconds?
    Its definitely coming from the TV.
    Very odd indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

mathie wrote: »
    This is an odd question but when in standby mode is anyone elses tv making a "clicking" sound every 2 or so seconds?
    Its definitely coming from the TV.
    Very odd indeed.

Probably a relay on the PSU. Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Mine comes on in the middle of the night when on standby. 4am last night.
    Have disabled Simplink 'auto power on' to see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Anybody else have trouble with the apps....for nowtv and YouTube, the sound stops for a split second every few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

fletch wrote: »
    Anybody else have trouble with the apps....for nowtv and YouTube, the sound stops for a split second every few seconds.

Don't have this issue myself.
    Perhaps you could try updating the apps and the firmware,if updates are available.

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Don't have this issue myself.
    Perhaps you could try updating the apps and the firmware,if updates are available.
    Yeh all updated...and doesn't appear to be a network issue as I have a Chromecast connected that streams no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Found the answer in the Owner's Manual. It's an M6
    439520.JPG

An obvious one for most, but just be careful when attaching the bracket to any flatscreen TV. Always drive the bolt (whatever it may be M4, M6....) gently by hand to check thread depth first and use appropriate spacers once this has been ascertained to ensure that you don't overdo it and punch through the internals.

Yeh all updated...and doesn't appear to be a network issue as I have a Chromecast connected that streams no problem
    I did some playing around and the sound dropping issue only happens when I am using my AV receiver via HDMI-ARC....I am using a fairly old and long (3m) HDMI cable. Do I need a special HDMI cable for HDMI ARC or will any old one do?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I got this TV last December. Recently it has started to just reboot itself at random times. Has anybody else experienced this? I checked the firmware and its using the latest version of their software. I contacted Argos about it and they offered to just refund my money straight away. I thought it was a bit odd that they didn't at least redirect my query to LG. I bought it through the Argos store on ebay.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    I got this TV last December. Recently it has started to just reboot itself at random times. Has anybody else experienced this? I checked the firmware and its using the latest version of their software. I contacted Argos about it and they offered to just refund my money straight away. I thought it was a bit odd that they didn't at least redirect my query to LG. I bought it through the Argos store on ebay.
    Thanks.

I had this issue also, after only a few months of use.. It seems (from online forums) if you have the TV plugged into a plugboard with a surge protector built in that it can cause the TV to reboot unexpectedly.I changed my plugboard and it hasn't happened since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Just on a similar issue my father had with a Sony TV - the TV would turn itself off now and again for no apparent reason. It was the remote that was failing! He had it up on the handle of armchair, face the TV directly. A new remote solved that instantly - a lesson to try anything and everything before thinking it is broken completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Thanks for the replies. Just checked and the tv is directly connected to the socket in the wall. Changed the batteries in remote too just in case. If it jeeps doing it ill just return it for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone had issues with the colors on the tv flicking between dark and bright on Netflix/RTE player?

When watching something on netflix I notice the colors change frequently between dark and bright. Seems to only happen on apps as opposed to normal TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

boris1234 wrote: »
    Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone had issues with the colors on the tv flicking between dark and bright on Netflix/RTE player?

When watching something on netflix I notice the colors change frequently between dark and bright. Seems to only happen on apps as opposed to normal TV.

Seen similar - especially in Ozark on Netflix. When I streamed Ozark... elsewhere through HDMI, it was fine. I think it relates to how it processes the HDR. Try turning it off? I wasn't arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Seen similar - especially in Ozark on Netflix. When I streamed Ozark... elsewhere through HDMI, it was fine. I think it relates to how it processes the HDR. Try turning it off? I wasn't arsed.

Will try that thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Well mind is turning on and off on it's own, since last nite , two seconds on then switches of , few quirks last few weeks the denon receiver plugged in it got it's input name changed from Denon to Denonnnnnnnnnnnn, endless n'S , 13 or 14 month's old , will argos refund or repair?anyone got a number to ring? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

Sorry to bump an old thread but I bought this TV back in 2017 when this bargain appeared.

Just nearly four years old now and it's suddenly dead. No power or standby light showing.

Anyone have the same issue. Seems some component has failed possibly power supply or mainboard. Trying to figure out what is most likely. Power supplies seem quite cheap to buy on eBay so would have a go replacing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Im not familiar with this model, but from repairing other TV's, the PSU is more commonly the culprit. One way to check is to get a multimeter and check the voltages coming out of the PSU. There should be a standy-by voltage, sometimes they write the name beside the pins. If this is gone in the PSU, the TV will appear as dead as a doorknob.

Thanks I'll check with a multimeter. Seems this is a common problem on lg TVs. I went ahead and got a replacement PSU in eBay for this specific model also

• Advertisement

I also notice a crackling sound when I plug it in which seems from reading online is a giveaway for a PSU issue

Left it plugged out for a day or so and plugged back in now it's working. I guess there is something about to go in it so will see how long I get out of it before replacing the PSU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I had the same issue with a Samsung flatscreen. It just wouldn't turn back on after putting it into standby. Had to leave it plugged out for a day or two each time. It was a capacitor on the PSU board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Samsung screens had a well documented propensity for blown capacitors (3no. in my case). Was quoted €150 for a repair. Despite no particular proficiency in electronics I bought the capacitors for a few cent each and replaced them myself. Screen is still in use daily at least five years later

Advertisement