Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 switchable output ?

Options
  • 01-12-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Got a HKC Quantum 70 panel with GSM-Q. We use a wireless keypad with it and it has a button marked "Light". This got me wondering about if there's a switchable output on the panel , maybe 12v that could be used with a relay to turn on and off a light. If so Id like to use it to turn on and off the home heating. And maybe it could be controlled by text through the GSM-Q. Is there such a function on this panel ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

_John C wrote: »
    Got a HKC Quantum 70 panel with GSM-Q. We use a wireless keypad with it and it has a button marked "Light". This got me wondering about if there's a switchable output on the panel , maybe 12v that could be used with a relay to turn on and off a light. If so Id like to use it to turn on and off the home heating. And maybe it could be controlled by text through the GSM-Q. Is there such a function on this panel ? Thanks

The Quantum 70 does not have controllable outputs.
    If you wanted outside lights or a inside light to come on in the event of the alarm going into full alarm you could wire a relay off the external bell output to be triggered on a full activation of the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Thanks altor. I actually wanted to use it to turn on and off the heating via text. But sure Ive come up with another idea to do the task.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Advertisement