Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Blondamundo

Faugha wrote: »
    Failed :(

Passed the 3rd 3 sections with flying colours but only scored 12 on first section. Aww well
    As in you're not on the merit list or not in the top 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Failed :(

Passed the 3rd 3 sections with flying colours but only scored 12 on first section. Aww well
    As in you're not on the merit list or not in the top 30?

Test
    Your Score
    Pass Mark
    Understanding Customer Needs (max 30)
    Delivering Quality Service (max 30)
    Convincing Others (max 25)
    Dealing with Customers Challenges (max 32)

I regret to inform you that you have not reached the qualifying standard and therefore will not progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. In order to achieve the qualifying mark, you needed to score at least the pass mark figures listed above in all 4 competency areas.

Sorry to hear that mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Wishing you all continued success and fortune guys, I’m out but thankfully have plan A in the bag so could be working with you in come capacity soon

Wishing you all continued success and fortune guys, I’m out but thankfully have plan A in the bag so could be working with you in come capacity soon
    And you mate. Have ASO tests next week too so still a finger in a pie lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Sorry to hear that mate.

Your message only came through as a repeat of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Failed

Those who didn't get it, hard lines but sure we all wanna be peelers anyways. So chin up and crack on.

Those that have passed, well done.

Those like me who are not in the top 30, just remember;

The silly service took a YEAR to place me so nothing is lost. Just mark PSNI as important on your email and wait out.

And guys people will fail interviews, vetting and SMT so good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

Got a pass here, but considerably outside of the top 30.  Not holding much hope, but pushing it to the back of my mind!

Ron_Mon wrote: »
    Got a pass here, but considerably outside of the top 30.  Not holding much hope, but pushing it to the back of my mind!

Just let it tick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

I got a pass but not in the top 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 for2018

Passed but not in the top 30
    😭 .. Got 45th

Any idea how many where in for it?

Gutted. Was refreshing that email list a lot this morning!! At least they let us know when they said..

Good luck to everyone who got through! Not holding out much hope for this merit list

From Grafton.

204 passed

450 attempted the test

673 passed shortlisting

Total apps unknown

Thanks for this. Had emailed grafton earlier but haven't heard from them yet

Does anyone know how many positions are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Based on what has been said I would guess 30 initially at least.

ML515 wrote: »

Yea, suppose because there's a few stations to be filled.

Just don't know whether to hold out hope but for now just try and forget about it.. So frustrating!

Those 30 called to interview may not pass the interview, they also may not pass vetting, may fail SMT and they may also fail training.

So we all have a fair shout.

Still waiting on the FoI reference number of applicants.

Public sector recruitment is slow. This list is likely going to be live a couple of years so all in all just wait out. You're innthe top third of those shortlisted.

They did this campaign so they have a pool of folk ready to be interviewed if required.

ML515 wrote: »

I suspect they are just interviewing it batches

Those 30 called to interview may not pass the interview, they also may not pass vetting, may fail SMT and they may also fail training.

So we all have a fair shout.

Still waiting on the FoI reference number of applicants.

Public sector recruitment is slow. This list is likely going to be live a couple of years so all in all just wait out. You're innthe top third of those shortlisted.

They did this campaign so they have a pool of folk ready to be interviewed if required.

Yes very true. Maybe see you all on the other side one day! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Those of you going to the ASO assessment (not sure if there has been one but can we do a role call?)... are you wearing a suit or casual wear? It is just an assessment and not an interview but I don’t want to be in normal clothes and everyone else in a suit, similarly, I don’t want to be in a suit and everyone else in normal clothes

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Those of you going to the ASO assessment (not sure if there has been one but can we do a role call?)... are you wearing a suit or casual wear? It is just an assessment and not an interview but I don’t want to be in normal clothes and everyone else in a suit, similarly, I don’t want to be in a suit and everyone else in normal clothes

What do the joining instructions say matey?

If they don't mention role plays or an interview i'd just go jeans and t-shirt but if you want to play it safe go for chinos and a shirt or trousers and a shirt?

Make sure belt and shoes match though 😂😂😂

No instructions in terms of clothing and it is just written assessments and no interviews or role plays so I might just go jeans and a shirt

Lockie101 wrote: »
    No instructions in terms of clothing and it is just written assessments and no interviews or role plays so I might just go jeans and a shirt

Aye for an exam, comfort is key. Pm mate

Comfort is key, tell me about it mate... i done 6/7 hours of the SEARCH Assessmnt in 15-20 degree weather in a full suit, tie and blazer....

Anyone that is going to the ASO assessment, make sure to shout “Hey Lockie” when it’s really quiet and rest assured I will come talk to you XD

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ohh369

I’ll be sure to give that a go! Good luck everyone! ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Judging by the info given at the ASO test there was approx 2000-2500 applied with only the top 150 going to interview. Serious competition.

stm1 wrote: »
    Judging by the info given at the ASO test there was approx 2000-2500 applied with only the top 150 going to interview. Serious competition.

The pay and reward is quite enticing.

You's all will be grand.

Just remember in the verbal reasoning forget all real world knowledge only what is in the passage can be considered.

Unless it expressely states that sonething is false or true it's cannot tell.

As for the numerical, go to the later questions first amd work backwards. As the more straightforward questiins will be at the front.

If you run out of time last 30 seconds just select something. No negative marking

• Advertisement

Sorry i just realised that was late. Apologies guys

Advertisement