Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Haven’t had much of a chance to get on here but I missed the ASO by 1 mark on the clerical checking but passed the other two so overall a fail... ah well, heading back over to the mainland very soon for the final stage of another recruitment campaign anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I know this isn't police related but just incase it interests anyone. MI5 are currently looking for a business support officer.
    Closing date is end of this week.
    Full civil service benefits same as police etc £26k a year.

https://recruitmentservices.applicationtrack.com/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/xf-9d47672eeeb8/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/1460-Business-Support-Officer-Ref-1460/en-GB

Also got told today that MI5 will be hiring around Sept time for their N.I Security protection teams.
    And the NCA are also due to be hiring in Sept too for N.I.
    Just in case anyone who isn't in the running for Police wants to apply for a diff type of law enforcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    I know this isn't police related but just incase it interests anyone. MI5 are currently looking for a business support officer.

https://recruitmentservices.applicationtrack.com/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/xf-9d47672eeeb8/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/1460-Business-Support-Officer-Ref-1460/en-GB

Also got told today that MI5 will be hiring around Sept time for their N.I Security protection teams.
    Just in case anyone who isn't in the running for Police wants to apply for a diff type of law enforcement.

In addition to the above of you do apply DO NOT tell anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Can someone clarify - I’ve seen the NCA wear “police” branded clothing for identification purposes but they aren’t really police? In the sense that while their officers have the powers and privileges of a constable, they aren’t actually constable a/special constables? What are they then? “Officers”? “Investigatiors”? Are they police without being a police force? Are they law enforcement?

*Applies to MI5*

*Instantly changes facebook employment to “Working at MI5”

Wouldn’t put it past some people Banterbus XD

• Advertisement

Funny you should say that but there are constables who post their photo job and station on LinkedIn... Police staff too. Idiots. Complacent.

Haven’t a clue about the danger they are putting themselves and other in by doing it... Absolutely stupid

ML515 wrote: »

Can someone clarify - I’ve seen the NCA wear “police” branded clothing for identification purposes but they aren’t really police? In the sense that while their officers have the powers and privileges of a constable, they aren’t actually constable a/special constables? What are they then? “Officers”? “Investigatiors”? Are they police without being a police force? Are they law enforcement?

NCA have full police powers when theyare conferred them.

They can also be co opted the powers of a customs officer and a border officer. They callcit being triple hatted.

That makes sense. Thanks. Not all NCA officers need powers...hence why they aren't attested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

ML515 wrote: »
    That makes sense. Thanks. Not all NCA officers need powers...hence why they aren't attested.

They are basically given the powers they need for their specific task/assignment. Including being armed.

7. NCA officers will be able to hold the respective powers of a constable, immigration officer and customs officer but they are not ‘office holders’. An NCA officer who is designated with operational powers is not therefore a constable, nor are they an immigration officer or customs officer – if designated they can hold the powers of those offices, but they will not hold the office itself.

Clear as mud!

Constables from UK forces can do secondments with the NCA though 😎

Once you are in the police the number of possible jobs you can do will blow your mind.

I'm sure that gig at the paramilitary crime task force is some show! Would love to be involved in operations disrupting some serious criminality.

Public Protection branch and child internet protection section for me.

But if i get dogs i'll never leave 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Hey all, have been watching this thread like a hawk, applied for call handler, dispatcher and cdo, have passed everything for the call handler and now have received an e-mail about online learning etc so It seems to be going in the right direction, good luck to all !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 yellow duck

Nb1234 wrote: »
    Hey all, have been watching this thread like a hawk, applied for call handler, dispatcher and cdo, have passed everything for the call handler and now have received an e-mail about online learning etc so It seems to be going in the right direction, good luck to all !
    Did u pass interview for cdo

Just so you guys are aware by the time you's start the pay will be more than advertised. Then add 20% for shift allowance and pay will be circa 24k for CDOs and CHs.

I didn’t pass the initial assessment for that, same as for the dispatcher, passed the assessment but didn’t score high enough for an interview.

I honestly don’t know what to do , weather to take the call handler job or not as I’m in a good job at the minute 🀔

I didn’t pass the initial assessment for that, same as for the dispatcher, passed the assessment but didn’t score high enough for an interview.

I honestly don’t know what to do , weather to take the call handler job or not as I’m in a good job at the minute 🀔

What salary range you on now and what kinda pension provision do you receive?

• Advertisement

@ banterbus28 I’m on about 24/25k and have a civil service pension so that would
    Obviously carry over

@ banterbus28 I’m on about 24/25k and have a civil service pension so that would
    Obviously carry over

PM me mate.

Obviously carry over

PM me mate.

Will do !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ohh369

Anyone at the ASO assessment today?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellz133714

Ohh369 wrote: »

I have mine tomorrow, how did yours go? I must admit I’m bricking it 🙈😂

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ohh369

It wasn’t what I expected! But only 25-30 minutes and better than an interview! Good luck :)

It wasn’t what I expected! But only 25-30 minutes and better than an interview! Good luck :)

Thanks :) the idea of an interview makes me ill lol what was the general dress code? I'm planning black trousers and blouse, but don't wanna be as under dressed this time as I was over dressed for the last assessment lol

Thanks :) the idea of an interview makes me ill lol what was the general dress code? I'm planning black trousers and blouse, but don't wanna be as under dressed this time as I was over dressed for the last assessment lol

Pm'd you bud

Also, anyone any idea what sort of training programme would follow successful appointments? I know I have a long way to go before even thinking about that, but it just occurred to me that I've read nothing about training

• Advertisement

Anyone know how many ASO’s they’ll be looking to start? Don’t mind when, just curious.

Advertisement