Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

All squared for interview. Everyone get sorted?
    Yep got a new date!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

All squared for interview. Everyone get sorted?
    Yep got a new date!!

Awesome sauce, hopefully we'll all meet in a training room in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I know it is off topic but just heard back from across the water, medical and force interview came back successful which is basically the last stage in recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Lockie101 wrote: »
    I know it is off topic but just heard back from across the water, medical and force interview came back successful which is basically the last stage in recruitment
    Was this for MDP police?

ML515 non of your messages came through.

• Advertisement

I've no idea what's happening. Fifth time I've tried, don't worry. No essential info.

ML515 wrote: »
    I've no idea what's happening. Fifth time I've tried, don't worry. No essential info.

No worries.

FOI has came back;

Request 1
    1. Can you please provide the total number of applicants for the following positions;
    A. Dispatcher
    B. Call Handler
    C. Administrative Support Officer

Answer 1
    The total number of applicants for the following positions was;
    A. Dispatcher 779
    B. Call Handler 718
    C. Administrative Support Officer 2596

Request 2
    2. Can you please provide the number of candidates who have passed shortlisting for;
    A. Dispatcher
    B. Call Handler

Answer 2
    The total number of candidates who passed shortlisting was;
    A. Dispatcher 677
    B. Call Handler 507
    C. Administrative Support Officer 145 shortlisted following testing.

Request 3
    Can you please, if possible, indicate the number posts expected to be filled from the following
    campaigns;
    A. Dispatcher
    B. Call Handler

Answer 3
    The number of posts expected to be filled from the following campaigns was;
    A. Dispatcher 17
    B. Call Handler 23
    C. Administrative Support Officer 38

The above figures are a projection and may be subject to variation +/- in response to organisational
    need.

Request 4
    Will reserve lists be formed from the above campaigns?

Answer 4
    Merit lists for all Police Service of Northern Ireland remain “live” for a period of 12 months and can be
    used to fill future vacancies as and when they arise.

"The above figures are a projection and may be subject to variation +/- in response to organisational need."

The above bit is postive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I'm still absolutely gutted I was in the top 25 for the ASO test but didn't pass the assessment 😔 thanks lol

• Advertisement

stm1 wrote: »
    I'm still absolutely gutted I was in the top 25 for the ASO test but didn't pass the assessment 😔 thanks lol

The group discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

So just for clarity from question 2; does this mean 677 people have been offered the dispatcher interview?

Edit: Or I suppose 677 people have been given their merit position, and they are interviewing a certain chunk of them

Ron_Mon wrote: »
    So just for clarity from question 2; does this mean 677 people have been offered the dispatcher interview?

Edit: Or I suppose 677 people have been given their merit position, and they are interviewing a certain chunk of them

I asked Grafton how may passed the online test.

Now take away those that get the call from 1710 will be slightly lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ohh369

In the top 25 out of 2596 is impressive though!!

Ohh369 wrote: »

In the top 25 out of 2596 is impressive though!!

Yea that's **** hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Haha doesn't get me a job though.

Banter in answer to your last q - yea the group discussion let me down.

Ah well. Just keeping my fingers crossed for 1710.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

Ron_Mon wrote: »

I asked Grafton how may passed the online test.

Now take away those that get the call from 1710 will be slightly lower.
    So just to clarify, they've probably sent all 204 (Minus those who dropped out) for interview for 17 places!

No they have.

Also minus those in the top 30 who were not deemed appointable.

Was this for MDP police?

Yeah it is

• Advertisement

Was this for MDP police?

Yeah it is

Good luck! I’m a bit of a geek and I’ve watched a few videos on YouTube of them interacting with the public when deployed in London etc. My advice is learn some legislation before stopping people. I appreciate most MOD cops don’t usually interact with the public on a day to day basis and it shows when someone really questions their powers! They end up looking like dummies when they’re well within their rights to stop and search. Don’t be like those guys!

Yeah, the MDP are taught everything that home office police are since they are still police and have the same powers as home office police! Of course you have twisted people who are doing stuff like suspiciously filming a public area or something and when asked what they are doing take the whole “i can record in a public area if I want”... stupid really, but that’s what we are up against. I am a photographer (PM for some good mate rates ;) ) on the side and understand the need to want to document cool things on camera but there is a time and a place and people who purposefully go out to attract police attention to waste their time and then complain that the police don’t do anything just boil my blood! Rant over XD

Yeah, the MDP are taught everything that home office police are since they are still police and have the same powers as home office police! Of course you have twisted people who are doing stuff like suspiciously filming a public area or something and when asked what they are doing take the whole “i can record in a public area if I want”... stupid really, but that’s what we are up against. I am a photographer (PM for some good mate rates ;) ) on the side and understand the need to want to document cool things on camera but there is a time and a place and people who purposefully go out to attract police attention to waste their time and then complain that the police don’t do anything just boil my blood! Rant over XD

Remember MOD premises falls under Official Secrets Aclol not photies allowee in certain places.

Remember MOD premises falls under Official Secrets Aclol not photies allowee in certain places.

Yeah, but the videos that ML is talking about is in public attractions in London where the MOD often police to free up local units for response calls rather than having them be stationary. Instead, we get left stationary and have to deal with numpies that read a few lines of the law and think they are judge Judy!

It is a grey area sometimes because technically you can stand on the edge of the road on public land and photograph into private premises but because it can be seen from public land then it can’t really be stopped even though it is of private and protected land; hence why they try to put up high, solid walls when they can

Yeah, but the videos that ML is talking about is in public attractions in London where the MOD often police to free up local units for response calls rather than having them be stationary. Instead, we get left stationary and have to deal with numpies that read a few lines of the law and think they are judge Judy!

It is a grey area sometimes because technically you can stand on the edge of the road on public land and photograph into private premises but because it can be seen from public land then it can’t really be stopped even though it is of private and protected land; hence why they try to put up high, solid walls when they can

They can record all they want but if they are obstructing a constable in the course of their duties...

And standimg guard is your duty and they are preventing you from doing so...

True but obstructing an officer from standing guard with no other offences would never stand up in court meaning an arrest would be pointless! I know that officers have a law (I don’t know which one specifically) but it allows an officer to dispel a person or persons from an area and prevent them from legally returning within 24 hours if they are behaving in an antisocial manner, can this be done for someone who is just being a general nuisance such as actively trying to piss off officers and prevent them from dealing with other matters by tying them up in a roundabout argument?

True but obstructing an officer from standing guard with no other offences would never stand up in court meaning an arrest would be pointless! I know that officers have a law (I don’t know which one specifically) but it allows an officer to dispel a person or persons from an area and prevent them from legally returning within 24 hours if they are behaving in an antisocial manner, can this be done for someone who is just being a general nuisance such as actively trying to piss off officers and prevent them from dealing with other matters by tying them up in a roundabout argument?

Don't need to arrest, just need to convince them persisting is a bad idea.

Have you seen the videos that we are talking about? There is one guy in particular that boils my blood.... Can we post YouTube links in this thread?

Have you seen the videos that we are talking about? There is one guy in particular that boils my blood.... Can we post YouTube links in this thread?

Aye can't see why not? Crack on.

• Advertisement

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ZsaSmVClU&t=78s

At one stage he is holding up three officers... for what?

Advertisement