Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

284mm Strip Light

Options
  • 01-12-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

I am hoping for a little help, please. The mirror light in the bathroom went.
    Took down all the details 284mm clear light. Picked up a new light. I remove the old light and marked it. I fitted the new light, pulled the string and got no light, confirmed that it was on at the switch.

Does this sound like I need a new fixture is this something, a non-electrician can do. Should I pick up a BSI manual. Anything I can do safely my self to test circuit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Check that the diffuser cover is fitted correctly. There are little pins that need to be lined up to allow power to the fitting. This is a safety measure preventing exposure to live terminals at bulb ends.

Advertisement