Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a property valuation always required for mortgage?

Options
  • 01-12-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I am just wondering, as the title suggests, if a property valuation always required for mortgage? I was just sending off all the documentation to the bank as per our sanction in principle letter and noticed it hasn't requested a valuation, just details of the property to be mortgaged. Our LTV is about 45%, would this make any difference? Just wondering when it will be requested for our timelines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Valuation will always be required. To paraphrase the valuer, their job is just to make sure the house actually exists and can be lived in. Your LTV is somewhat irrelevant.

The bank themselves will send out the valuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

I am just wondering, as the title suggests, if a property valuation always required for mortgage? I was just sending off all the documentation to the bank as per our sanction in principle letter and noticed it hasn't requested a valuation, just details of the property to be mortgaged. Our LTV is about 45%, would this make any difference? Just wondering when it will be requested for our timelines.

Yeah it is. The bank needs to know what it is they are lending on like...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Perfect, as expected. Thanks.

Advertisement