Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the huge marquee next to school near end of Threadneedle Road

Options
  • 01-12-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭

On my commute to college the bus passes a school that has a huge white marquee erected next to it, this is at the Salthill end just before the bus turns onto the promenade. What is this marquee about, is it for gigs or a conference place?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

On my commute to college the bus passes a school that has a huge white marquee erected next to it, this is at the Salthill end just before the bus turns onto the promenade. What is this marquee about, is it for gigs or a conference place?

There are 2. The one nearest the road is part of the Tennis Club and the one further back is Salerno's new school sports hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would actually make a great venue for gigs I'd imagine, i'd say that could be nicely sound proofed too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement