Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Keypad on House alarm

Options
  • 01-12-2017 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,

The keys on the keypad of my Astec Alarm are gettting really hard to push. I think it's at the end of it's life! Does anyone know please if it is possible to change the Keypad without changing the while system?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

They are obsolete unfortunately, one of the lads on here might have one in stock, keep an eye on this thread.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have a few old ones there that might get you out of a hole for now. You can also clean the contacts on the pcb and the back of the buttons.
    Long term solution is to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ellie1511

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have a few old ones there that might get you out of a hole for now. You can also clean the contacts on the pcb and the back of the buttons.
    Long term solution is to upgrade.

Thanks Koolkid. It would be great to get something to at least get us over Xmas and into the New Year.......And look at upgrading later. Would the whole system need to be upgraded?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ellie1511

kub wrote: »
    They are obsolete unfortunately, one of the lads on here might have one in stock, keep an eye on this thread.

Thank you kub

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ellie1511 wrote: »
    Thanks Koolkid. It would be great to get something to at least get us over Xmas and into the New Year.......And look at upgrading later. Would the whole system need to be upgraded?

No
    You could upgrade the panel keypad & bells & keep your window/door sensors & contacts.The GSD i1070 is the only system that integrates with Astec system detectors PiRs would need to be replaced when upgrading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

I had this problem, and took the panel apart (just a few screws on the back) and glued a small circle of tin foil (cut from a regular tin foil roll from tesco) to the back of each button with double sided tape to replace the worn out conductive ink, and it has worked absolutely perfectly for at least a year or now since.

Advertisement