Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway Midlands....

Options
  • 01-12-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭

more like slowest way possible!

I bought 3 small items from 'Sports Direct' last week and they sent me parcel tracking details. On Monday my parcel was supposedly in the Midlands depot which is based in Portarlington. I sent an email to their customer service with my eircode number and mobile number so the courier could either find the use via eircode or ring me for directions as I live 'out in the sticks' a couple of mile from a village.

To say that dealing with Fastway has been painful is an understatement. Firstly Customer Service referred me to the driver that apparently had it in his van, he told me he hadn't got it, didn't usually cover my area and wouldn't be delivering it that day or the next either!

Back to customer service who never answer the phone and rarely reply to an email despite constant promises of a speedy reply.

A CS rep apologised for 'mix up' but then lied to me that there had been a scanning issue with my parcel which she claimed was in the van and that the driver had already attempted delivery! As I knew the driver had already denied this. She promised me it would be delivered today (Friday) if the depot manager had to drive out herself.

I didn't believe this would actually happen but those were her exact words.

Lo and behold I check my parcel status at 9.20 this morning and it's still dated 30/11/17 - 'held over for delivery tomorrow'.

I emailed them. No reply.

I rang 8 times. No reply.

I emailed them again and got a reply that they were very busy and things get missed and not only had they missed my emails my parcel was not being delivered today. End of email. No apology. No excuse. No delivery date.

UNF**KING BELIEVABLE.

I appreciate that a lot of us have had delivery problems in the past and no doubt that we will have again in the future. I post here merely so a future corporate customer of FASTWAY might just google their name and stumble across these type of complaints which may deprive them of a contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What did you expect from Sports Direct? Buy from a sh1t company, get sh1t service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭redarmy

fastway are brutal...waiting on stuff from littlewoods and says was delivered 2 times and signed...still no sign...not the first time to have problems with them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The drivers are owner operated and not managed by HQ. When UPS say depot they mean depot, when fastway say depot they mean the drivers front porch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Probably dumped in a petrol station miles away from where you might live. Contact Sports Direct its their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I had already sent complaints to Sports Direct yesterday and demanded a refund of my delivery charge or I would start the clawback process via paypal. Goods arrived at 8.45 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I've never had an issue with Fastway, until now.

My parcel has been in the van for about a week now. It was apparently delivered once, with a blank signature and then it has been in the van, to be delivered the next business day since then.

You ring the Depot and the it tells you to email and the line goes dead. I emailed and haven't got any response. I rang the Dublin Depot in the hopes that they could call the Midlands depot, but they said they could only email them also.

There doesn't appear to be a head office number that I can call to get to the bottom of things. It's ridiculous.

Advertisement