Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2018 World Cup Superthread

1106107108109110112»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Would have had Courtois or Pickford ahead of Lloris as well.
    Young -> Lucas Hernandez
    Paulinho -> Kante
    Neymar -> Perisic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Courtois wins golden glove and doesnt make team of the tournament, lolz. :pac:

I'd have had Pickford and Courtois over Lloris anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Kante's omission shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Horrible team. FIFA again shown up for the crock a sh*te they are.
    Neymar?!!!! Young?!!!!! Paulinho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Neymar probably has to be in, or else he'll huff.

Who picks this team anyway? Crowd of numpties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,975 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah there weren't really any standout left backs in fairness. Neymar and Paulinho are both strange decisions though. I would have had any of Frances midfield 3 over Paulinho and Perisic ahead of Neymar.
    Hernandez of France was outstanding, really outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

eagle eye wrote: »

Ah, come on, that is well over the top in my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,975 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ah, come on, that is well over the top in my opinion!

I watched every France game and was impressed by him every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was impressed by Pogba throughout the tourney.
    Kante should be in there too.
    Take out Paulinho and Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Johner wrote: »
    Young, Paulinho and Neymar. :pac:

DiT3Y5WW4AAXlSK.jpg:medium

Tis fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Johner wrote: »
    Young, Paulinho and Neymar. :pac:

DiT3Y5WW4AAXlSK.jpg:medium

Pretty clear FIFA had decided before the tournament that the team would be Neymar + 10 others. That’s the only reason I can think why he’s there!

I wouldn’t have Young in my team, but there wasn’t a standout LB so can leave that one go.

Paulinho is just a crazy pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Tis fake.

Is it? I just saw the image on Twitter, didn't cop that. That explains it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Poll for team of the tourney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Panthro wrote: »
    Poll for team of the tourney!

Maxes at 25 options, is that going to be enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Most disappointing team: Spain/Poland/Denmark

Wasn't expecting much more from Denmark other than getting past the group. Their team is nothing special bar Eriksen. They've may done a job on us but they really didn't have the scope to get past the last 16 maybe QFs at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Really? I didn't think so, felt Frances two full backs were their slight weak links throughout the tournament and didn't offer much going forward (Hernandez was good in the final), in general he probably improved as the tournament went on and probably was as good as any other option I suppose but definitely think there wasn't a standout left back. He had a very poor game against Australia in the opener, maybe that is clouding my judgement..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just to note if ther was a golden sh**house award Colombia would have walked away with it, with a special citation for that guy raking up the penalty spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really? I didn't think so, felt Frances two full backs were their slight weak links throughout the tournament and didn't offer much going forward (Hernandez was good in the final), in general he probably improved as the tournament went on and probably was as good as any other option I suppose but definitely think there wasn't a standout left back. He had a very poor game against Australia in the opener, maybe that is clouding my judgement..
    Hernandez got 2 assists in that amazing Argentina game.
    I think that showed the flexibility of this French team. That the full backs could switch from a defensive to an offensive mindset when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How much of the world cup did people end up watching? I done a count there and I think I watched about 30 full games more or less. Then caught bits of around another 20, based on that I only missed around 14 or so, definitely the most of a World Cup I have ever watched anyway!

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Pretty clear FIFA had decided before the tournament that the team would be Neymar + 10 others. That’s the only reason I can think why he’s there!

I wouldn’t have Young in my team, but there wasn’t a standout LB so can leave that one go.

Paulinho is just a crazy pick.

Laxalt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Courtouis,
    Trippier varane vida Hernandez
    Pogba kante modric
    Perisic Mandzukic hazard

Mbappe
    Pickford
    Lovren

Were pretty close for me

Modric player of the tournament, kante would have got it for me but he was poor in the final which swayed me.

France Denmark was the worst game

De Gea was poor but the most disappointing for me was Salah, was hoping to see him in full flow but injury curtailed him much like Neymar I guess.

Russia were the surprise pacakge for me

Loew worst manager followed by Sampaoli

Germany most disappointing team followed by Spain

Probably should have use that template thing, on the phone which is making it tough

Oh yeah pavard for goal of the tournament and courtois for keep of the tournament

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement