Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2018 World Cup Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Best acting of 2018 I have seen from Neymar, no downward pressure whatsoever on his shin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Neymar would be amazing at rythmic gymnastics. Those spins are perfection.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Which basically translates as she got off because she ticks all the right boxes in America to be given a degree of immunity from the law and consequences.

The fact that she was not suspended during the investigation is every bit as bad as when the NFL tried to do similar for a player knocking his girlfriend out cold in a Las Vegas elevator. They got absolutely driven through the mud for that and rightly so, the US football body? Nah, not so much.

I would imagine it's much easier to persuade a Court that an NFL player knocking out a woman is worse than an aunt knocking her 6 foot 9 nephew to the ground. There are a fair few Judges here anyway who would raise an eyebrow about the latter and would want it explained to them how that happened.

Either way I think sports bodies should be very circumspect about suspensions involving issues that have nothing whatsoever to do with that sport, so think the US football body were absolutely right. I can't think of the Irish or English FAs ever intervening in allegations of domestic abuse or assault, one thinks of Leeds players going from Crown Courts to the dressing rooms 15 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Xenji wrote:
    Best acting of 2018 I have seen from Neymar, no downward pressure whatsoever on his shin.

Definite red card, very bad work by the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Neymar made the most of it but a joke that Layun wasn't punished for that. Incredibly sneaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

**** off Neymar will ya. Even his own teammates must be sick of his ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

RTE should have a separate audio feed with just the stadium sounds for those of us who prefer not to listen to commentary. Easily done in this digital age one would imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wheres Chicarito today anyway?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Would love to see someone properly hit Neymar with a cruncher of a tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

This game has been rubbish,with rubbish play acting constantly, would put you right off watching the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

eagle eye wrote: »
    Definite red card, very bad work by the referee.

Never a red, it was not a stamp and barely any pressure applied, how many times do you see players walking on other players hands on the ground and not getting even a yellow.

2-0 is the least Brazil deserve today. Outclassed Mexico.

Neymar only starting to hit form now which makes Brazil do much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't remember hating a player as much as I do with Neymar.

Will be over the moon if Brazil get knocked out by possibly Belgium or France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can't remember hating a player as much as I do with Neymar.

Suarez gives him a good run for his money tbf

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote:

So let me get this right, you wish for players like Thiago Silva, Miranda Casemiro, Willian and Coutinho to get knocked out of the World Cup because of your dislike of Neymar?

Do you like all the Belgian and Japan players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Terrible game IMO, considering it was a last 16 match at the WC. 

And how I deplore that Neymar guy, would love to take his legs off myself, so that he at least for once has a real reason to roll around the floor like someone who was hit by a bomb.

Brazil were very slick at times, Mexico brought the game down by being just really poor. Brazil put together some of the best moves of the tournament so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Surely Keith and Richie's minds have wandered during the analysis and they are thinking about Juicy roast beef.

Peter too if course. I'm sure the boys analysed the images in preparation for the game last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Neymar is such a little prick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd never wish injury on a player but a good two footer on Neymar wouldnt be so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Neeson wrote: »
    Surely Keith and Richie's minds have wandered during the analysis and they are thinking about Juicy roast beef.

Peter too if course. I'm sure the boys analysed the images in preparation for the game last night.

That roast beef is far from juicy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Who is she?
    Former goalie for the United States women's national soccer team

I could link to some pictures that would provide a more intimate introduction but I'd probably get banned...;)

I'll give you something worth looking at. Her most famous save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'll give you something worth looking at. Her most famous save.

Unreal save and a good way to actually discuss one of the best ever female players. Some of the comments above are bizarre. Woman got hacked and had pictures with her clothes off. You'd swear some of these lads had never seen the like of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Neeson wrote: »

Weird post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Unreal save and a good way to actually discuss one of the best ever female players. Some of the comments above are bizarre. Woman got hacked and had pictures with her clothes off. You'd swear some of these lads had never seen the like of it.

She is just ridiculous. Without a doubt the greatest ever female goalkeeper.

The one at 50 seconds with her feet is stupidly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Was in work earlier, so I've only just seen the Neymar amateur dramatics when he was trod on. Yes; it was a foul, and a needless petty thing for the Mexican to do. But come on. Neymar rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot. That's embarrassing to watch. What do his family, friends and advisors think when they see that sort of BS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Kagawa is such a nice player to watch

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

blueser wrote: »
    Was in work earlier, so I've only just seen the Neymar amateur dramatics when he was trod on. Yes; it was a foul, and a needless petty thing for the Mexican to do. But come on. Neymar rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot. That's embarrassing to watch. What do his family, friends and advisors think when they see that sort of BS?
    If that was Willian, Jesus, Coutinho I'd say the ref would have checked it and at least booked Layún. The fact it was just Neymar flopping about like a salmon meant the ref guessed nothing happened.

Japan with cutting edge would actually be a threat in this tournament you'd think. Unfortunately they don't which will cost them tonight, only thing that can cost Belgium is an inept manager

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Why wasn't he hitting it first time anyway!

Hairy moment for Courtois!

Get in!!!

Dreamland!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Get in!!!

And again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Holy **** get in

Anyone explain why hazard is captain of Belgium? Ahead of more obvious candidates like, forgetting that he's a **** in general just seems like an odd choice

Pickford would have reached that one

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    And again!!

Loving it, my man love for the shinj always has me rooting for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

F*ck sake England are actually going to win this poxy thing

Can't wait to see how Martinez tweaks his tactics to turn this around...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The tournament of the underdog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

has Cortouis made any saves other than the one he let through his legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Belgians living up to their reputation as bottlers.

I'm wondering are all these upsets in some way down to modern players being pampered and having it too soft .
    Alot of the big teams seem to lack steel and spirit .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hire Martinez as manager, best be prepared to concede goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Columbia are better than Japan actually...funnily enough

I rest my case

F*ck sake England are actually going to win this poxy thing

P*ss off Switzerland have it. Underdogs in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

This is fcking n brilliant,the Japs are fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Canning's an awful commentator - very patronising towards Japan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement