Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2018 World Cup Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

MarkY91 wrote: »
    All the stick lukaku gets at man united, I still think he's world class. He proves it for Belgium, maybe united just doesn't suit him. I love Lukaku. And I'm a Liverpool fan!!

And hes doing that with Hazard being a d!ick and not passing when he should.He a fantastic player big,strong,good in the air and knows where the goal his.I think hes a beast but United cant get the most out of him just yet.I think he could rack up alot of goals at United if they can just get it clicking right.

Hazard has gone down a notch in my book with this world cup.Not passing and teeing up players when he could have easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

And hes doing that with Hazard being a d!ick and not passing when he should.He a fantastic player big,strong,good in the air and knows where the goal his.I think hes a beast but United cant get the most out of him just yet.I think he could rack up alot of goals at United if they can just get it clicking right.

Hazard has gone down a notch in my book with this world cup.Not passing and teeing up players when he could have easily done.

Were we watching the same game last night? Hazard was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Were de watching the same game last night? Hazard was immense.

For Hazard sake sure.

For the Belgian team sake not so much. He needs to learn that theres no Hazard in TEAM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

pjohnson wrote: »
    For Hazard sake sure.

For the Belgian team sake not so much. He needs to learn that theres no Hazard in TEAM.

Yep exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

For Hazard sake sure.

But he carried the ball up the field on numerous occasions and got fouled which took the heat off the defence and gave them a breather. Surely that's benefitting the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Getting on a plane and will be arriving back around HT during England game. I’m guessing there won’t be many goals , might even be 0-0 at HT.

Go on England ........

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

For Hazard sake sure.

Stupid. What Hazard done last night was one of the reason's Belgium (ie the team) won. He had a 100 % success in take on's when in possession, the most supposedly in a World Cup since 1966. Without him taking the pressure off the defence and midfield by taking the ball forward and keeping possession, Belgium probably wouldn't have won.

I mean look at some of this. Superb stuff. He also kept on his feet when he could easily buy a foul on many occasions

https://twitter.com/GoonerSoul_Bren/status/1015440165865705472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Stupid. What Hazard done last night was one of the reason's Belgium (ie the team) won. He had a 100 % success in take on's when in possession, the most supposedly in a World Cup since 1966. Without him taking the pressure off the defence and midfield by taking the ball forward and keeping possession, Belgium probably wouldn't have won.

I mean look at some of this. Superb stuff. He also kept on his feet when he could easily buy a foul on many occasions

https://twitter.com/GoonerSoul_Bren/status/1015440165865705472

Great for him. Shame he didn't release Lukaku/De Bruyne/Chadli who may have scored to increase his teams lead.

Great for him. Shame he didn't release Lukaku/De Bruyne/Chadli who may have scored to increase his teams lead.

"Great for him" ??? It was "great for Belgium" who without him possibly wouldn't be in a WC semi final.

give it up man. Anyone watching that game last night would say Hazard was the epitome of team player. He played plenty of passes around the box to supporting players when they ere in a better position. He can be forgiven, considering the ability he has to take a shot on himself occasionally. Yet these are the ones you choose to concentrate on.

I can't believe people would question his performance last night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

FatherTed wrote: »
    Because it is in the laws of the game. The ball is still in play. The law doesn't say don't bother if the ball is rolling out. It should have been a penalty.

You haven't actually answered my question, I didn't need somebody to repeat yet again that the ball was in play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

You haven't actually answered my question, I didn't need somebody to repeat yet again that the ball was in play.

If the ball is out of play, there would be no decision to make. A penalty can’t be awarded when the ball is ‘dead’.

If the ball is still in play, the ref has a decision to make. Like you, I don’t see any chance Jesus gets the ball. In all likelihood the Ref (and VAR) thought the same so didn’t award a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Didi has ruled on both incidents, neither was a penalty. As an experienced German international he would understand these things. Move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hitchens wrote: »
    Didi has ruled on both incidents, neither was a penalty. As an experienced German international he would understand these things. Move on!

Whatever about the Jesus one, in no universe is the one involving Neymar at the end a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pissing myself at any criticism of Hazard last night. It was close to 10/10 performance. He had more dribbles than the entire Brazilian team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

You can be critical of Hazard, and especially critical of the decision to make him captain but based on last night you'd have to keep your mouth closed on all fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

For Hazard sake sure.

Hazard was the perfect team player last night. Always took responsibility. Always looked to get on the ball. Provided a real out ball option for defense. Worked tirelessly in both halves of the field. And won countless pressure relieving frees at important times in the game.

Anyone viewing Hazard as playing for himself last night has either an axe to grind or is clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Come on lads. A decent performance is all I ask. If we still go out, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Should have had de bruyne on that list, top level players, and varane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rubbish game so far. Both teams terrified.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Come on lads. A decent performance is all I ask. If we still go out, so be it.

Not that it is a huge issue, don't get me wrong, but would you not prefer to be on an England fan forum at this moment! The we, us, our, doesn't really hold weight on an Ireland based forum!

Not that it is a huge issue, don't get me wrong, but would you not prefer to be on an England fan forum at this moment! The we, us, our, doesn't really hold weight on an Ireland based forum!
    Do you want me to stop posting then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think it's good to have an English fan in here. You want both sides in these things.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rubbish game so far. Both teams terrified.
    Agreed. I've had more exciting bowel movements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This is one bad game of Association football.

I think it's good to have an English fan in here. You want both sides in these things.
    It seems not. To some people on here anyway. Anyway; to avoid friction, I won't post on here again.

• Advertisement

RTE must clearly have picked up on the criticism that Ronnie Whelan has got on social media. He has been the co-commentator along Hamilton (considered the "big match" commentator for a while now), but they seem to have dumped him in favour of Houghton.

I miss Kerr!

Was he commentating for the French match (I was working : ( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

This is one bad game of Association football.

Very like Ireland v Norway at USA 94, if you're a similar age to myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thank God someone scored.

It seems not. To some people on here anyway. Anyway; to avoid friction, I won't post on here again.

Oi!

Post away,your very welcome here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh christ

• Advertisement

Deserved lead,might make it a better game

Do you want me to stop posting then?

no, that isn't my point! I have no issue with you. You just seem to get meddled up in a lot of anti - England "debates" and it must aggravate you a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Maguire's been doing himself a good few favours in this tournament, he's got a very distinctive head on him and every England game seems to spend 20+ minutes focusing on it. :pac:

Dele Ali has been septic all tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Complete nonsense. The guy posts year round about football and city on here, he can post about England all he wants. It's easy to put two and two together and know he's an English fan from how he words his posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Deserved lead,might make it a better game

Not sure it was even deserved but at least something happened.

Sweden will have to play a bit now. First time they have been behind all tournament and for most of the qualifiers

Fromvert wrote: »
    Complete nonsense. The guy posts year round about football and city on here, he can post about England all he wants. It's easy to put two and two together and know he's an English fan from how he words his posts.

Not what I am saying. Christ, faux outrage or what. If you don't understand the context in which I made the point , or don't want to (probably the latter) good for you.

I have no problem ith the poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jesus, you're one of the few reasons I want England to win come back y'er winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

‘We don’t like your type around here...but we don’t like your type for your own benefit.’

• Advertisement

That is just a silly reaction! I was saying it in light jest, not criticising you in any way

Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Not what I am saying. Christ, faux outrage or what. If you don't understand the context in which I made the point , or don't want to (probably the latter) good for you.

I have no problem ith the poster.

yeah it just came across poorly :)
    What you actually meant was it would be much more exciting with fellow fans etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Greedy sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Sterling is awful in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Offside or not you’d never be confident of Sterling finishing them.

And again.

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah it just came across poorly :)
    What you actually meant was it would be much more exciting with fellow fans etc...

That and the immaturity of many posters on here who fear armageddon if England are successful!

Sterling lololol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shocking from sterling...2 players to pass to for a certain goal and he takes it himself. Bring Vardy on for him.

Sterling is awful in front of goal.

Really got stage fright there. Great run though, he should have released it after he took it around the keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Sterling making some terrible decisions today. Taking too long on the ball and he's missing great opportunities to score, pass, assist.

Advertisement