Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a "faulty" suitcase

Options
  • 01-12-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

resolved thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SaatanaArctica

I don't think a return is on the cards because the suitcase is exactly as described.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

smolclur wrote: »
    I have a customer who wants to return a suitcase after they have already used it because they have decided that they think the handle is too short. They are claiming that the product is faulty because of this. They want a refund. It is not a fault but rather how the suitcase is designed (it's honestly a pretty standard handle height). They have traveled with and used the suitcase already. Surely the customer decided that the handle height was suitable and appropriate when they bought it and wheeled it out of the store? Feeling a bit stuck here, don't really know what to say to them. Any advice on how to approach this issue would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Tell them that they have used it and so you can no longer sell it, hence you cannot take it back for a refund.

I would say 99% of retailers will only accept a refund if the item is in original packaging, with any labels still attached and in an unused/resaleable condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smolclur

I don't think a return is on the cards because the suitcase is exactly as described.

I'm kind of just struggling with how to get around the "faulty" argument. Don't know what to say to them at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Your answer is "its not a fault, its the design", in other words - no

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

If it's too short for the customer that doesn't mean it's faulty!
    If I buy a jacket that's a size 10 it'll be too small for me. Not faulty. I've no reason to return it. I shouldn't have bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tough, tell them to pfo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭sundodger5

If you have 10 of the same case in stock with the same length handle its the design. Which they inspected upon purchase. If it is shorter than the rest its faulty. My money is on not faulty.

Advertisement