Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018: General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Harika wrote: »
    https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/coca-cola/mclaren-and-coca-cola-announce-formula-1-partnership/

Coca Cola now on McLaren overalls for the rest of the season. Good for the Chandon hangover after each race winning session. :D

I’d like to see Coca Cola as a title sponsor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Coke should use this brand for the McLaren sponsorship:

tanora-banner-01.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&quality=80&width=600&rnd=131624915140000000

Tanora McLaren Renault.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

tanora-banner-01.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&quality=80&width=600&rnd=131624915140000000

Tanora McLaren Renault.

That would have been good for Jordan post the Benson & Hedges era being Irish and all.

But even still on a McLaren it would look nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Paint the Mclaren green and stick a 7up logo on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Inviere

Rossi IRL wrote: »

May as well feck a packet of mentos in the fuel tank too, might make it go quicker...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Jordan 199 wrote: »

<Tanora ad>

Tanora McLaren Renault.

Aren't you forgetting a certain fantastic brand? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Harika

Also Ground Effect will be back with 2021, to help with overtaking. Not as extreme as 1983 with the wing cars, but unlike now where only parts of the underside are allowed it will be more space.

And Perez signs for Not Force India for 2019, a week earlier than expected.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Aren't you forgetting a certain fantastic brand? ;)

Would it be Fanta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

And Perez signs for Not Force India for 2019, a week earlier than expected.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Disappointing. I hoped he'd be dropped after his attack on Sirotkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,724 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/coca-cola/mclaren-and-coca-cola-announce-formula-1-partnership/

Coca Cola now on McLaren overalls for the rest of the season. Good for the Chandon hangover after each race winning session. :D

Say what you want about Mclaren but that's a pretty big capture, one of the biggest brand names in the world on an F1 car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Is this the first time that they have sponsored an F1 team?

Gintonious wrote: »
    Is this the first time that they have sponsored an F1 team?

I don't believe they have, I stand to be corrected though

Dpz4uuFUUAEwumH.jpg

Holy jaysis...this is the Ferrari floor.

skipper_G wrote: »
    I don't believe they have, I stand to be corrected though

Yes it is their first time in F1

Dp0b6zxWwAEByl7.jpg

Jordan used Pepsi in Japan that year, 7Up wasn't sold there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That's gas.

7up is a Coca Cola brand and Pepsi are rivals.

Some operator our Eddie.

elperello wrote: »
    That's gas.

7up is a Coca Cola brand and Pepsi are rivals.

Some operator our Eddie.

7up is a PepsiCo brand

Sorry my mistake.
    More into the hard stuff myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sprite is Coca-Colas lemon and lime drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

flazio wrote: »
    Sprite is Coca-Colas lemon and lime drink.

Never really liked Sprite. Always found 7up nicer but I am the opposite with Coke and Pepsi. Don,t drink much of either now do. I do think FantaMclarenRenault would be cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Sorry my mistake.

Irn-bru? ;)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Irn-bru? ;)

No more this stuff.

(well I had to try to get us back to motor sport after my earlier soft drink faux pas) :)

https://www.historicracingnews.com/Article/Jim-Clark-Commemorative-Whisky-Announced/1750

skipper_G wrote: »
    7up is a PepsiCo brand

Jaysus, never new that.

Jaysus, never new that.

To really blow your mind, Dr. Pepper own the US rights

• Advertisement

Jaysus, never new that.

Coca Cola and Pepsi have similar brands that are rivials:

Coke/Pepsi
    Sprite/7-UP
    Fanta/Club Orange

Coca Cola and Pepsi have similar brands that are rivials:

Coke/Pepsi
    Sprite/7-UP
    Fanta/Club Orange

Yeah got the sprite 7up mixed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yeah got the sprite 7up mixed up

The bottle shape gives it away, Coca-Cola have the female body sex appeal contur bottle patented. The pepsi-co bottles are straighter.

*It's not actually called that, they just call it the contur bottle but it comes up in marketing classes often as being designed to be shaped like a woman to subconsciously increase appeal. And I believe female body shape is part of the patent description.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to wonder if Vettel will just pull a Rosberg and get out of there. He's been beaten twice in a row now, there is little indication that things will change. What reason is there to try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Inviere

flazio wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if Vettel will just pull a Rosberg and get out of there. He's been beaten twice in a row now, there is little indication that things will change. What reason is there to try again.

It’s not just a Ferrari problem though, Seb has cost himself big time this season. If he can iron out making needless errors, he has every chance of winning the title once his car is competitive. Long term I do wonder if he’ll stay in the sport or not, I mean, short of a switch to Mercedes, where else could he go? Would Red Bull be interested?

Inviere wrote: »
    It’s not just a Ferrari problem though, Seb has cost himself big time this season. If he can iron out making needless errors, he has every chance of winning the title once his car is competitive. Long term I do wonder if he’ll stay in the sport or not, I mean, short of a switch to Mercedes, where else could he go? Would Red Bull be interested?

In the current climate going back to Red Bull would represent a backward step in his career.

Overall he has had more success at Ferrari than the same car he left now occupied by Verstappen and previously Kvyat.

Unless Hamilton suddenly retires I don’t see him going to Mercedes.

Ocon will replace Bottas to partner Hamilton for 2020 is my honest belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Sorry my mistake.

Irn-bru? ;)

A thousand times yes!

Have a slab and a half of the old good stuff under my bed. Still can't believe that themselves and McLaren didn't hook up :-)

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Caved in and got F1 2018. Just crashed out of the lead as Vettel in my first race in Australia - seems like they've got the accuracy of this one down! :-)

Is it worth getting if you've F1 2017? It's currently on sale on Steam.

I'm enjoying the game play on F1 2017, but the lack of information about other cars after races annoys me a lot. No info on retirements, tire usage, lap chart etc. Grand Prix 2 had all that 20 years ago.

It's good fun and I'm enjoying it a bit more that the last one I had (2016). I gave 2017 a miss after playing the demo, so can't really compare - the offset onboard camera view with the halo is class though! Haven't jumped into career mode yet, but will give it a bash when I have the chance. Not sure that there is a huge increase in any stats TBH. I don't think that we'll see an in depth game like the Grand Prix series again, they're now actively going after the "PlayStation Generation".
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/20366

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's good fun and I'm enjoying it a bit more that the last one I had (2016). I gave 2017 a miss after playing the demo, so can't really compare - the offset onboard camera view with the halo is class though! Haven't jumped into career mode yet, but will give it a bash when I have the chance. Not sure that there is a huge increase in any stats TBH. I don't think that we'll see an in depth game like the Grand Prix series again, they're now actively going after the "PlayStation Generation".
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/20366

Big reductions this week on all F1 games on Xbox, bar the latest one.

A couple of weeks after the fact and the FIA have said KMag's move on Leclerc in Japan was in fact too late

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139516/fia-now-accepts-magnussen-moved-too-late

Nice consistency from them as ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes, Pirelli said they'd simplify things back in August. Makes sense. There's no point in having four soft tyre versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Yes, Pirelli said they'd simplify things back in August. Makes sense. There's no point in having four soft tyre versions.

They will still have four soft tyre versions. Just less tyre colours as far as i know.

• Advertisement

Sorry, yes, there is no point having four soft tyre names to confuse the yanks.

Sorry, yes, there is no point having four soft tyre names to confuse the yanks.
    Especially when the names of the newer ones all sound like they are different lines of Durex products!

Especially when the names of the newer ones all sound like they are different lines of Durex products!

Or toilet roll

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ted is just trying to feed fuel to a non existent fire. I have to say, that guy is such a spoofer.

Has anyone ever seen a can of Rich energy? This guy has to be the biggest con artist ever.

Has anyone ever seen a can of Rich energy? This guy has to be the biggest con artist ever.

Nope, it still amazes me how he manages to talk his way on to the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BikeRacer

No, but he's copied the Whyte bike logo pretty well, who've been around far longer than they have: https://twitter.com/whytebikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's a shame F1 isn't as affordable as it was in the late 80s, I'd love to see an Andrea Moda-esque shitshow.

Advertisement