Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Post Saturday

Options
  • 01-12-2017 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is Saturday post deliveries in December for Xmas? Have a gift for a party tomorrow night that seems to be in the Balbriggan depot.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

16th and 23rd apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stheno wrote: »
    16th and 23rd apparently

Thanks, you don’t know if the depot in Balbriggan opens tomorrow?? Website says no. But a friends telling me it’s open til 12

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks, you don’t know if the depot in Balbriggan opens tomorrow?? Website says no. But a friends telling me it’s open til 12

No idea sorry

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't think any of the the depots open on Saturdays any more. The one in Swords used to years ago but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm waiting on an Amazon package and the tracking says it's out for delivery this morning. From Dunshaughlin sorting office.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes they deliver on Saturdays in December - I misunderstood the OP and thought he wanted to go to the depot to collect a parcel :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Get onto our regular LeoB of this forum - he's a postie. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Thanks everyone, it arrived this morning. Just in time for the party tonight!! Was just on my way out to buy a new present when he pulled in. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sparko wrote: »
    I'm waiting on an Amazon package and the tracking says it's out for delivery this morning. From Dunshaughlin sorting office.

Certain parcels have been delivered on Saturdays from certain areas for months now, its not Christmas related but an attempt to compete with courier firms for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

PRISM parcels are delivered every Saturday in urban areas and have been since July. At the moment it would not be cost effective to deliver to rural areas. As An Post get more contracts which thankfully we are it will be everywhere.

It is called the PRISM service and is one large companies sign up to, most major stores lke Arnotts, Smyths toys, Vodafone, O;Neills, Amazon are all using it. The parcel is marked PXP beside the barcode. When the parcel is scanned in Balbriggan you get a text or email to say it is due for delivery today.
    You must give sender your phone number so when the parcel is scanned by them at their dispatch place your number is included in the bar code.
    Then when the postman scans the parcel on delivery and you are not home the scanner phones you and you can give the postman/woman an alternative address, a neighbour or safe designated safe place. It may take a minute or two to answer as we are often driving.

It is a very good system as it saves people from Rush, Lusk Garristown Oldtown and all the other areas the hassle of having to get to Balbriggan to pick up the parcel.

One thing which is very annoying for parcel postmen at moment is some companies dont properly wrap large items. So you might have a very important parcel for a small resident of your house with a big picture on front of it of the contents...... so if you are expecting something like that make sure to have black plastic bag at your door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I got post last Saturday. 2 cards, a bill and an unexpected present.

What a novelty to get post on Saturday: I'd like a present every Saturday please.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement