Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony A6500: 3 Lenses for 1200 euro

• 01-12-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Tall ask I know but with a budget of 1200 euro, I'm looking for 3x lenses to cover all use cases with a Sony A6500. I have a Sigma MC-11 Canon EF adapter so Canon fit lenses are also an option. I mainly shoot landscape photo but also do a lot of video from mid to long range. What I had in mind:

- Samyang 12mm f/2
    - Sigma 24-105 f/4
    - Canon 70-200 f/4 non IS

Would be getting the Samyang and Canon from Einfinity. Thanks!

Edit: I should add, I currently have the Canon 16-35mm f/4 as I have moved from a Canon 700d. So would be selling this and putting some money towards getting the others.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The Samyang has pretty good reviews online. The others look good. I have the same camera and the 16-55 kit lens and the 55-210 zoom. And I just bought a 30mm Sigma because I take portrait photography. I've been thinking about the 12mm for a while.
    Your question is quite specific and it really depends on what you're into, which is probably why you haven't had replies. I think you'd be set up with the three you've mentioned. Personally I'd go with a 24-200 one just so I didn't have to carry two. It's very annoying when you're on a street and you want to zoom, by the time you've switched to the zoom the moment has passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

dory wrote: »
    The Samyang has pretty good reviews online. The others look good. I have the same camera and the 16-55 kit lens and the 55-210 zoom. And I just bought a 30mm Sigma because I take portrait photography. I've been thinking about the 12mm for a while.
    Your question is quite specific and it really depends on what you're into, which is probably why you haven't had replies. I think you'd be set up with the three you've mentioned. Personally I'd go with a 24-200 one just so I didn't have to carry two. It's very annoying when you're on a street and you want to zoom, by the time you've switched to the zoom the moment has passed.

Thanks for the response. I had a look at the 24-240 but it seems to he an absolute monster. Will do some more research and see is there anything else as an option. Also considering the Canon 24-70 f/4 instead of the Sigma.

Don't know if I am crazy to sell the Canon 16-35 f/4 I currently have but it seems like the best option.

Advertisement