Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Rock & Metal album release thread

Options
  • 02-12-2017 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

So seeing as 2017 is almost over and no other major rock/metal albums are set for release, we look ahead to 2018 releases.

Will 2018 finally herald the release of Tool's long awaited new album? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

No Cross No Crown - Corrosion of Conformity
    Grimmest Hits - Black Label Society

Both coming in January. Great start to the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^ Machine Head's Catharsis album also dropping in January.

Clutch have started recording album #12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

One on that list I didn't notice is Visigoth. New album due on Feb 9th.

The Revenant King was one that slowly became a favourite of mine. It's one of those albums I think where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Deifinetly looking for to the new album by Tribulation later this month. Dimmu Borgir are supposed to be releasing a new album this year, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Also Immortal are also releasing a new album, although it won't be the same with Abbath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Few bands have stuff in production I'm hoping we'll see this year. Children of Bodom, Napalm Death, Pig Destroyer, Sigh, Misery Index. Also a bit interested in the Dimmu album we might be getting that was mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Therapy? are back in the studio at the moment recording a new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

New Album from the Manic Street Preachers in April

Hopefully Muse get their finger out and release somethng too

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hot tube productions

Wow, Therapy! Really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 hot tube productions

And Don Broco new album - lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Nightwish are releasing Decades on the 9th of March.

It will be an album of some of their biggest songs over the past 20 years remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nightwish are releasing Decades on the 9th of March.

It will be an album of some of their biggest songs over the past 20 years remastered.

Ticketholders for US shows are getting it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BlowInYank

Good time for folk metal: Heidevolk - Vuur van Verzet, Arkona - Khram, and Dalriada - Nyárutó all released this month. I liked them all, particularly Heidevolk. I didn't have high hopes for this album with how good the previous one (Velua) was and all the lineup changes since then, but it's knocking my socks off. Alan Averill is on the song The Alliance as well, he does a dual-vocal bit at the end that's really phenomenal.

New Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album dropping in September.

Advertisement