Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 match day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

68 all in. The 70 looks decent at the moment but I've Dunk with his -2 coming off my bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Hazard: 30 points. Rest of team: 29 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

km79 wrote: »
    Aguero was absolutely anonymous today

BBC put up an average position graphic midway through the first half - Only the keeper, centre backs and Delph were deeper than Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Kankan14 wrote: »

I HAVE to dump Jesus.

2 assists in 2 weeks. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

2 assists in 2 weeks. What?

Its lack of starts I'm concerned with. by the sounds of it here that may improve. I'll hang tough. Christmas period games are like that anyway. Like it or lump your players are all open to rotation/resting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Argh so close to the perfect week with the squad I have available. That is correct Capt choice and correct starting XI v subs choice. Happens so rarely.

Ward's 2 points left on the bench bettering Monreal's 1 prevents it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

42(-4)... yet another disaster, despite having a team with Sane, Salah, Sterling, Richarlison, Christensen and Alonso.

I have a great knack for having all the highly owned player that don't perform. Think I'll be leaving this until after Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Had Otamendi & Silva in that late game. :)
    62 points & I should see a significant jump in OR.

Otamendi has finally repaid my patience in him. Was tempted to jettison him in favour of a Chelsea defender this week, but decided to give him one last chance. Have 2 FTs for next week & not a clue I have on what to do with them. That's one of the strange things I've noticed over the last couple of seasons especially. Whenever I have no FTs left I want to change up my whole team; yet when I do save them up I end up not needing them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This game is heartbreaking. This year has been one kick in the teeth too much!

Hazard (c) switched Kane

Coutinho to Salah

Silva to Ramsey.

31 point swing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Islander13 wrote:
    Jesus will 100% start at old trafford, Aguero is running in treacle, hasn't scored a goal from play in months. Stay firm!

Ahh now, thats just not true.
    Before the Southampton game.
    Scored in previous 3 premier league games he played in. All goals from play.

So to be accurate, he hasn't scored in his last 2 games.

Aguero owners, hold firm.
    Punish the doubters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

41 (-4) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

shineon23 wrote: »

Punish the doubters.

Being pedantic, those two games are spread over November and December, so it could be argued he hasn't scored from play in months.

Would be a sad argument mind..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Its lack of starts I'm concerned with. by the sounds of it here that may improve. I'll hang tough. Christmas period games are like that anyway. Like it or lump your players are all open to rotation/resting!

He's more goals/assists than Aguero/Kane/Morata/Lukaku in the past 5 weeks and more points than all bar Morata. Who cares if he doesn't start. Would you be happier if ya had Aguro today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

shineon23 wrote: »

Punish the doubters.

Absolute nonsense. Arsenal was a penalty, Burnley was a penalty, Huddersfield was a penalty. To claim one from play is something, to claim all three is something else!

Last goal from play was palace i think in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's more goals/assists than Aguero/Kane/Morata/Lukaku in the past 5 weeks and more points than all bar Morata. Who cares if he doesn't start. Would you be happier if ya had Aguro today?

That's too small a sample size you're using. If he continues to be in and out I'll be better of with kane /morato up top with a cheapie and go expensive on midfield. I think long term he isn't starting enough. As said I'll hold for now and see what comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

53 points in the end, for a small GW rise from 21k to 19k. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Had the triple threat of transfer not working out (Speroni to Fabianski), VC out scoring C (Hazard/Kane) and bench players outscoring starters in 50/50 calls (Wilson/RLC, Ward/Duffy).

Well set overall though.

Islander13 wrote:
    Absolute nonsense. Arsenal was a penalty, Burnley was a penalty, Huddersfield was a penalty. To claim one from play is something, to claim all three is something else!

Haha fair enough. My mistake.

Site I checked had them all from play but was hard to read with champions league mixed in as well.
    I should have went on the fpl site.

Still wouldnt be advising anyone to stick with Jesus over him.
    Crazy to go with any player over the best striker in the league over the last decade. Especially as neither Jesus or Aguero are guranteed to start every week with Pep.

KevIRL wrote:
    Being pedantic, those two games are spread over November and December, so it could be argued he hasn't scored from play in months.

I wasnt being pedantic. I was just completely wrong haha.

Havent owned him in a while so wasnt paying much attention to his penalty goals and goals from play. And i clearly read the stats wrong or the website i looked at was wrong.

If Aguero was guranteed to start every week id have him back in a heartbeat, penalties or not, I feel like I'm palying the game wrong by npt.owning him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

55 - No hits ;) Otamendi 11 pointer rescued my GW. Only transferred him in for Stones last week after he OG'd. HEWT :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭LewisR

Absolute sh1tshow. 40 points and a drop fro 70k to 108k.

Hazard and Murray already in for Silva and Vardy for a -4. Not looking at it 'til Friday evening to pick my captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

My 62 points sees me jump to 82k from 143k. That's my highest rank of the season so far. eek.png Previous best was 97.5k in GW10.

I do get the feeling that I'm due a pretty big red arrow soon. Two steps foward, one step back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

42 for red arrows down to 17k, could have been much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

70 points (no hits) got me a green arrow up 335k in ranks!!! Haven't had a jump that big in a long time.

I'm happy with my team but problem is I still have my wildcard but don't really want to change too much. If I were to use my wildcard there would only be 3 changes i'd make which isn't really enough to justifiably use a wildcard :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

34 points for a GW rank of 4.4 million. Fell from 6k to 17.5k. One of my worst ever gameweeks, glad to see the back of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

34 points for a GW rank of 4.4 million. Fell from 6k to 17.5k. One of my worst ever gameweeks, glad to see the back of it.

Not a catastrophic rankings fall all the same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If I were to use my wildcard there would only be 3 changes i'd make which isn't really enough to justifiably use a wildcard :confused:

Expires 30th dec.
    Use it or lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

70 points (no hits) got me a green arrow up 335k in ranks!!! Haven't had a jump that big in a long time.

I'm happy with my team but problem is I still have my wildcard but don't really want to change too much. If I were to use my wildcard there would only be 3 changes i'd make which isn't really enough to justifiably use a wildcard :confused:

I don't think so either. I'd keep it in case you have a bad week for injuries and suspected rotation. Could even leave it until the bitter end and set up a team for January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yuck....39 points...no clean sheets, one goal and two assists.

3 weeks of smallish green arrows and now a whopping big red arrow. Back to 173K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Not a catastrophic rankings fall all the same

It's all relative though. The higher up in rankings the harder it is to fall back a lot in one gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It's all relative though. The higher up in rankings the harder it is to fall back a lot in one gameweek.

This game can be a veritable yo-yo. Your rank is very good. Which chips do you have left?

Advertisement