Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 match day thread

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    This game can be a veritable yo-yo. Your rank is very good. Which chips do you have left?

I've just used my first wildcard so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

dsmythy wrote: »
    I don't think so either. I'd keep it in case you have a bad week for injuries and suspected rotation. Could even leave it until the bitter end and set up a team for January.

I think that's what I'm going to do. There's gonna be a lot of rotation / injuries during the congested fixture list at the end of the month so probably be best to get through those fixtures and use my wildcard regardless of how many changes I have to make after GW 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bloke on Ffs got 117 pts on his free hit. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/196595/event/15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bloke on Ffs got 117 pts on his free hit. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/196595/event/15

Small success on that chip indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Worst GW of the year. 31 points. Silva slightly helping the cause at the end but kicking myself that I left DCL on the bench, highest scorer of my whole squad with 12... All this after using my wildcard to gut the team and bring 7 new players in. Firmino didnt do it for me at all, get rid of him...Scores two...

Anyway time to move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

stephenl15 wrote: »

nice,
    when i played it i ended up 25-30 points worse off than if i hadnt played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have NEVER been on such a bad run in all my years playing
    look at my team every week and think yeah 60/70 points in that .......
    Gw11 - 33
    Gw12 - 46(-4)
    Gw13 - 46(-8)
    Gw14 - 42(-8)
    Gw15 - 36
    30k down to 770 k

Our of contention in all but one money league
    The hits were to ensure I have a full panel of decent starters for Xmas which I will have but they cost me so many points it won't matter

I need a good week to maintain interest but next week most of my players are playing each other ............

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

43... Had a shocking day yesterday. Otamendi saved me today.

I don't think I can ignore Hazard anymore. He looks vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

43 points sees my first red arrow in seven gameweeks. The big call was whether to get Hazard in for a -4 and captain him.

Decided against it and paid the price.

Team is in decent nick moving into the Xmas fixtures so hoping to make ground on my money leagues. Real slog of a season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

193K OR after this week. A slow but steady rise from 2.2 million after GW5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

35 big drop down to 165k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

66 points and a rise to 48k, my first 5 digit ranking of the season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

30 points, no hits. I cannot FPL correctly this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

tailgunner wrote: »
    30 points, no hits. I cannot FPL correctly this season.

I got 35 last week was one of those horrible weeks when your captain blanks and the alternative you have to hazard also blanks. Some people will have scored 60+ pts and it comes down to having hazard over someone like sane for example. Meaning they also captain hazard over Kane. Hazard was the standout captain option this week and its the one week I didn't go for the standout option. Unfortunately its one of the few weeks it would have burned you by not having the standout option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Yeah, not going for Hazard when I had the chance was a massive mistake. I was trying to set up with a fairly strong 15 starters to tide me over for the Christmas period, which I have now, but I've lost too much ground in getting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

tailgunner wrote: »
    Yeah, not going for Hazard when I had the chance was a massive mistake. I was trying to set up with a fairly strong 15 starters to tide me over for the Christmas period, which I have now, but I've lost too much ground in getting here.

I brought in Hazard especially for the Midweek game and switched my captaincy from Kane. On Saturday, the only change I made to my team was to switch the captaincy back to Kane.

I am having a season that has gone from mediocre to downright embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

After about 6 weeks of constant hits and red arrows, finally had a very good week. 67 no hits, and up to 46k.

Captaining Hazard the key - so much of this game rests on getting your captain right and it was a nice feeling for a change to nail this. He should have had a hat-trick though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Morzadec wrote: »
    After about 6 weeks of constant hits and red arrows, finally had a very good week. 67 no hits, and up to 46k.

First world problems heh :D

Advertisement