Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Thursday/Friday 7th/8th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Look under his name, it says Location: Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath.

I’m on mobile , doesn’t appear

North Leitrim

30 second hail shower about half hour ago. Settled on the ground for possibly a minute then disappeared again

Nb: many of us view boards from our phone so location of poster doesn’t show up. Could we all agree to include our location with our posts? Would save on the “where are you?” replies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

At the bottom of the page on the boards mobile site you can tap ‘full site’ if you want to see a posters location
    Doing so will bring you to the first page so tap last page

You can tap mobile when you’re done down at the bottom of the page again to switch back to the mobile version :)

You just want rid of us, Georgie boy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

North Leitrim

30 second hail shower about half hour ago. Settled on the ground for possibly a minute then disappeared again

Nb: many of us view boards from our phone so location of poster doesn’t show up. Could we all agree to include our location with our posts? Would save on the “where are you?” replies :)

North leitrim too. Mad skies all morning, very dark, then luminous, and several double rainbows already. Blustery and very wild since last night. I'll be disappointed if I don't get use out of the extra coal I'm after stocking up on, after feverishly following this thread! (Is coal a bad word now? :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Getting nice and cold here now around 5.5 degrees. East galway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    GONZO where you based?

I should probably name my location more often, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath.

that rain shower only lasted about 50 seconds, wasn't very exciting. Sun shining now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Looking at the visible satellite, it looks like there's an area of more organised precip a few hundred KM NNW of Ireland, heading towards us. I'm going purely by the structure of the cloud area in comparison with surrounding areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

At the bottom of the page on the boards mobile site you can tap ‘full site’ if you want to see a posters location Doing so will bring you to the first page so tap last page

I don't have the option. At the bottom of my page I have first last and page numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

highdef wrote: »
    Looking at the visible satellite, it looks like there's an area of more organised precip a few hundred KM NNW of Ireland, heading towards us. I'm going purely by the structure of the cloud area in comparison with surrounding areas.

If its coming from over the Faroe Islands, there are some web cams there

http://portal.fo/vevmynd.html?norurstreymoy_streymoy_vestmanna-havn-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

pilly wrote: »
    I don't have the option. At the bottom of my page I have first last and page numbers.

At the very bottom, below the ads.

Being honest it's something I rarely do when on mobile myself because it's a pain to use the full site. It's normally not a problem because most posters post their location periodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Very little precipitation in Sligo

The storm is pulling it all away.

Itl prob be sunny here for the next few hours bar some light rain

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

hoody wrote: »
    ...hate to ask one of those questions but supposed to fly Dublin to Glasgow and back on Thursday, are cancellations likely at Glasgow for the day?

Would much prefer to stay near home (Loughrea) and hopefully see a few flakes
    !

Made it to Glasgow this morning, lots of turbulence as we were coming in. Been a real mixed bag here today, sunshine, completely overcast, wind, rain, sleet, and a quick snow shower. Now 5C but feeling colder in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met 1pm reports.

Finner 4 degrees.
    Ballyhaise 4 degrees
    Belmullet 5
    Markree 5
    Knock 5.
    Newport 5 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

3c here in Cavan now, heavy shower of sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Very heavy showers of hailstones in West roscommon now. Strong winds too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another rain shower here in Dunshaughlin, a bit heavier this time but only lasted about 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Very heavy hailstones in West Limerick North Cork border. Temps dropping quickly.

showers look prolonged over Northern Ireland, this should also affect Cavan, Monaghan, Louth and the northern half of County Meath over next hour or two.

If you play back the rainfall radar at http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    you can kinda see that the showers are breaking up over a line between south-east Meath where I am and County Waterford, so far south and central Leinster including Dublin receiving bare fragments of showers. Most of the showers are still of rain, hail and sleet.

edit: on latest radar refresh County Laois, north Kildare and Dublin city centre now receiving small light showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Lots of rain showers in Belfast at the moment - hopefully turning more wintry soon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Hail shower just gone through here in Tralee. Nice cloud scapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Met Éireann's aviation warnings for today/overnight. Only Knock mentions snow accumulations.

SHANNON EINN AD WRNG 01 VALID 072200/081000 FROST FBL GND DEPOSITIONS LIKELY FCST =

CORK EICK AD WRNG 01 VALID 072100/081000 FROST FBL GND DEPOSITIONS LIKELY FCST =

KNOCK EIKN AD WRNG 01 VALID 071900/080800 FROST FBL GND DEPOSITIONS LIKELY FCST =

CASEMENT EIME AD WRNG 01 VALID 071900/081000 FROST FBL GND DEPOSITIONS LIKELY FCST =

DUBLIN EIDW AD WRNG 01 VALID 071800/081000 FROST FBL GND DEPOSITIONS LIKELY FCST =

KNOCK EIKN AD WRNG 02 VALID 071700/081200 SNOW FBL 1 TO 3CM FCST =

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Dry in Dublin city centre though getting a bit cloudier over the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Heavy rain shower recently near Mallow. Not expecting anything too wintry but at least getting some precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Big heavy rain shower moving through Ballyjamesduff now that's starting to turn sleety on the back edge.

2 pm regional TAFs to midnight mention rain and sleet for Donegal, Sligo, Casement, Kerry and Waterford airports.

Sleet, with a chance of heavy snow showers, for Derry and Belfast City airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Knock airport 4 degrees with dew point now at zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Windy and super cold windchill in drogheda. Things should get interesting later.

the prolonged showers are moving very quickly along with much of Donegal and western half of Northern Ireland almost clear.

Knock airport now reporting recent snow by Met Eireann

• Advertisement

I'm sitting in the Dublin mountains at 340 m amsl, right in line with that shower approaching west Dublin.

Dewpoints now -1 at Belmullet and Donegal Airport but temperatures still up to 7 °C. About another 3-4 degrees of wet-bulb cooling needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement