Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Thursday/Friday 7th/8th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Windy and bitterly cold here in Tipperary. Blue sky and sunshine also going to make for a severe frost tonight if the sky stays clear and winds drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I'm sitting in the Dublin mountains at 340 m amsl, right in line with that shower approaching west Dublin.

Missed me to the north. Just got a glancing blow of light rain off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Light shower in east Meath now near Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

and here we go - rain has turned to sleet in Belfast city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Sleety mix now in drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Recent sleet/nearly snow shower in Cavan. It’s so dark 😱

Snow on the Glenshane Pass looking at traffic camera.

http://www.donegalcoco.ie/roadcams/821_cam1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just waiting on a flight back to Dublin from Glasgow and it’s 6c and cold rain , I think after Dark they may hit the sweet spot over here .

Best of luck to you all in the hunt for the white gold

HEAVY rain shower in East Meath just now. Wind picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just had a sleety shower here where the back edge of it was mostly snow, temperature down to 2 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I'm sitting in the Dublin mountains at 340 m amsl, right in line with that shower approaching west Dublin.

Dewpoints now -1 at Belmullet and Donegal Airport but temperatures still up to 7 °C. About another 3-4 degrees of wet-bulb cooling needed.

You’ve gone to good lengths to have your fix 😂😂😂

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I dont expect more snowy precip until later tonight for central parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Belfast aldergrove reporting recent snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Graupel shower in Naas now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No sign of any wintry shower here yet. Although I'm ready - winter tyres on, shovel found. Let it begin! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dunshaughlin now starting to get the edge of that prolonged shower that was also over Northern Ireland, Cavan and Louth. So far just light rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I love the anticipation of snow!

Even if I don't get any....it shortened my week already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

winds really picked up here now, sky very dark and heavy, cold, cold rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Temp profile here since midnight.

groph.png

Notable drop during a shower about an hour ago, which brought gusty winds and some snowflakes amongst the rain.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stetsonfrank

Heavy hail shower in northwest Wicklow now.

Edit: And its gone lasted about 2 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

5.5c and just had a light rain shower in Naas. Driving home to Swords after 7, will be interesting to see what if anything falls along the way.

The wind chill would cut you in half.

rain turning to sleet now, can already see the clearance in the distance, these showers are passing along very quickly.

edit: stopped here now, that shower should be in the Clonee/Blanchardstown area fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Timistry

It's encouraging that the showers are making it so far inland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Partly cloudy in Waterford City with a temp of 8.1c. We had a brief rain shower around 1pm which is encouraging to see showers get this far south east. A NW flow has delivered for us before so i wouldn't rule out seeing a flake or two. As i type i see another shower coming from the WNW.

www.waterfordweather.com
    www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Just had a sleety shower here where the back edge of it was mostly snow, temperature down to 2 degrees

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Dew points are getting low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Just looking out my window here in North Tipperary and it's gone very dark with sleet shower lasting about ten minutes. Drop in temperatures tonight will result in me seeing my first snow flake of the winter. All excited now .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Last night - 4 degrees in 30 minutes. Impressive. :)

435515.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Hail stones now in Portarlington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I was in the car with junior yesterday evening 6pm (Dublin) when we got in the car gave an outside Temp of 14.5C then it went up to 15 and just before I dropped him off it was 15.5 , he was asking does it mean bad weather is on the way and I said yep, always a price to pay if anything nice happens

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement