Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Thursday/Friday 7th/8th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ripe snow conditions as a larger clump of snow approaches Kildare

www.naasweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Very light snow in Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Minute snow partices floating about in Tallaght, spotted about 5 of them on my drive home.
    Very cold, cars are frozen over with nice ice formations.

It's been rain, rain, rain at Dublin Airport, despite a dewpoint as low as -1.1. Wet-bulb hovering just above zero.

2300...Recent rain...Temp +1.1 / DP -1.0
    2200...No weather...Temp +1.1 / DP -1.1

Okay maybe it did rain, but do you have to say rain THREE times? Jeeeshh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

pad199207 wrote: »
    Ripe snow conditions as a larger clump of snow approaches Kildare

www.naasweather.com

I know. I need to be in bed after a long day and a parent teacher meeting where I literally talked non stop for over 2.5hrs but I'm so tempted by that blob.... I'd really like to see a bit of Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Nuttin in Waterford, boi, bar a bit a wind and a big moon in the sky.....😪

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Heads up for Kildare...your turn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

pad199207 wrote: »
    Okay maybe it did rain, but do you have to say rain THREE times? Jeeeshh

Yes yes yes

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Just had a heavy sleet shower with snow mixed in (could see the snow alright in the street lights!) In Wilton, cork. I found that exciting haha, nothing compared to up the country. Enjoy it while it lasts guys! Hopefully our time will come down here eventually this winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

That snow shower here earlier was only a little tease, been a couple of rain/hail showers since and doesnt feel as cold as earlier funnily enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light snow flakes D14 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

STB. wrote: »
    26 degrees here in Wexford. Very humid.

Thinking of lighting up the barbie.

6 months for now that might be the case.

Very cold wind outside but no ice on the cars. SW Connemara

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Off topic posts removed.

Stay on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11pm radar

DQet9dXX0AUF8k9.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Confirmed sighting. Light dusting of snow dancing in the wind with a backdrop of a moonlit sky in Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Moderate to heavyish snow here in Kinnegad, sticking well. I'm off tomorrow so hopefully school is cancelled for the young lad so we can make snowmen, snowball fight and get fertiliser bags to slide down a hill

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

11pm TAF for Dublin/Cork/Shannon still only has sleet in the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Schools will only be affected as a very very very last resort as they already lost their snow days to Hurricane Ophelia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ah shhhleet!

Its gone milder again here.

Was 1.3c in showers now 2.2c in showers

Atlantic biteback

Sligo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

big blob over midlands looks like it's gonna slide just to my south, over north Kildare and on to south Dublin, maybe the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭davehey79

Really starting to get a right pasting in the last maybe 15 mins here in Longford town

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The sky has that comforting orange glow here now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There is a small warm sector associated with the trough - nothing dramatic but puts a temperature or two increase temporarily. It will pass in the early hours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Snowing in Kildare town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The 12Z GFS verified around half a degree too cold compared to the 12Z Castor Bay sounding (-4.3 °C). All other models were more in line with reality.

It's a small detail, but if it's running its starting analysis with a cold bias it's no wonder that it ends up 2-3 degrees colder and almost always anomalously so.

Castor Bay is just northeast of Craigavon, right on the the -5-degree isotherm in the GFS map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Gonzo wrote: »
    big blob over midlands looks like it's gonna slide just to my south, over north Kildare and on to south Dublin, maybe the city centre.

That's my blob.

Just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

A balmy 4ºC in Cork City at the moment and not a hint of snow anywhere near here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Schools will only be affected as a very very very last resort as they already lost their snow days to Hurricane Ophelia.

Surely that should be dependent on whether it is safe for the school to open rather than on how many days are left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭pauldry

Netweather showing sleet n snow in all parts of North n Northwest bar Sligo and Ballina

Stupid sea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement