Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Thursday/Friday 7th/8th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Splinking on cars and grass and is still there. Was settling on roads but seems to be melting a bit on hard surfaces. Opening the window can hear melting noises and gutters carrying water.

Melting noises ? From a bit of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

There as a light snow covering on cars. So presume was similar on roof and then got a mixed bag of wet snowy/sleety/rainy drizzle so there was some melt. After that turned back to snow,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Proper snow in Clondalkin now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Place is covered in Naas now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

It's half one on a thursday. Prime time for melting noises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

OnDraught wrote: »
    It's half one on a thursday. Prime time for melting noises.

Well said the fella up melting peoples head at half one on a Thursday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

We had a few nice heavy showers in s cavan.
    Was only sticking on the car roofs and grass but a nice albeit wet layer on the ground now after the last few big showers. Skies clearing between the showers now so will probably start to freeze a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Not a flake her in Dublin 4 yet, showers all around and none of them making it to the city centre intact. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Wet mix from a shower there in D14

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

lolie wrote: »
    We had a few nice heavy showers in s cavan.
    Was only sticking on the car roofs and grass but a nice albeit wet layer on the ground now after the last few big showers. Skies clearing between the showers now so will probably start to freeze a bit.

*bastard* :pac:

Good news is we are soon clear of the messy stuff. From now on exclusively snow for most s temps and dps fall back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Conditions have improved and I can declare ski season open :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the last few showers here fell as sleet or rain, the bare dustings on the cars are well melted now and the ground wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Snow finally falling in Ringsend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snowing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Snow finally falling in Ringsend :)

I just legged it outside and there's no snow! You must be in a different part of Ringer to me, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

*bastard* :pac:

Good news is we are soon clear of the messy stuff. From now on exclusively snow for most s temps and dps fall back.

It was very wet snow that fell.
    Some of the last few showers didn't go much further than here so most likely as the air gets colder they might not make it this far later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Intermittent showers of lovely big fluffy flakes here in Castlebar since about 8pm last night. None sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nothing here in West Clare except intermittent hail, temperatures higher than I expected.

Inverness airport in Scotland reporting -20c, somehow I doubt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

-2°C at Inverness. -20°C must be a typo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Nice view this morning in the curragh. It's starting to snow again as I'm leaving for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Freezing hard in D7. The decking is all glittery and the air is gorgeously fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Roads into work were mostly fine other than coming out of the estate, I drive a bin truck and around all back roads today, should be exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Snowing in D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Light Snow, Dublin Northside

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Had a brief flurry in D7, didn't stick and has melted now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Jasus it's cold

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

We seem to have got mostly heavy hail showers in NW Donegal. Temps at .2 and roads look white. Wish someone would get out of bed and drive to carrickfin airport and tell me it's not going to be a slippery spin! Also they better heat up that damn plane. It's the only flight that people actually put on hats and jackets when they get to their seatsðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

We seem to have got mostly heavy hail showers in NW Donegal. Temps at .2 and roads look white. Wish someone would get out of bed and drive to carrickfin airport and tell me it's not going to be a slippery spin! Also they better heat up that damn plane. It's the only flight that people actually put on hats and jackets when they get to their seatsðŸ˜

Yeah not great out there. Bit of hail amd rain and only a bit of white now on the grass, none on the road. I’m in Buncrana. I’m sure we’ll get more by Sunday/Monday. Safe flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Snow starting back up in D7 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement