Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Thursday/Friday 7th/8th December

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

corsav6 wrote: »
    Well we got a bit of white gold overnight here in Newport, Mayo. I'm not sure if it's frozen snow or hail, but it's white and stuck so I'm taking it.
    We're about 4 miles from the coast as the crow flies, and we seem to be on a different weather system to the rest of ye most of the time.

Nothing in Castlebar and only the roofs are white in Claremorris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I’ve counted the snow flakes on my car just now as I’m about to set forth in South Wicklow and there are more than I thought :D

I find it interesting that my view of Dublin airports reporting of sleet instead of snow is singled out by a poster here and that Kermit’s isn’t even though it’s the same
    I’m entitled to my views as is everyone else
    There’s no need to repeat them,reports here speak for themselves ie that in the real world it did snow in Dublin last night and no doubt at the airport :)

I did reply to Kermit, the same reply as to you. Show me one report of snow at Dublin Airport and I'll hold my hand up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I’ve counted the snow flakes on my car just now as I’m about to set forth in South Wicklow and there are more than I thought :D

I find it interesting that my view of Dublin airports reporting of sleet instead of snow is singled out by a poster here and that Kermit’s isn’t even though it’s the same
    I’m entitled to my views as is everyone else
    There’s no need to repeat them,reports here speak for themselves ie that in the real world it did snow in Dublin last night and no doubt at the airport :)

Didn’t snow where I am. Admittedly it’s coastal.

Are people just reporting flakes on cars.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Slight dusting on cars here this morning.

Anything will be a bonus here from this event.
    I'm just sitting here waiting for my easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coddle

Some flakes falling now in D6. Not sticking at all

I'd forgotten how beautiful the sky looks when theres snow in the air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Snowing in goatstown now, wheeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

A few blustery hail showers during the night beating off the windows here near the top of Donegal. No white covering this morning but Muckish (mountain) in the distance is white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not even a bit of frost this morning in limerick. Thought if we didn't get the snow it would at least be white with frost

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just started snowing in Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Very light flakes, but bonafide snow. Very little cloud cover though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Didn’t snow where I am. Admittedly it’s coastal.

Are people just reporting flakes on cars.

There is an element of levity allowedin this thread!

Current TAF for Dub reads rain showers
    Perhaps posters here need to go to spec savers ... (I don’t think so)
    Says it all really about the veracity of the output from Dub when posters here are reporting snow at ongar and black rock on the coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothing in Castlebar and only the roofs are white in Claremorris.

Well its actually snowing properly now here, nothing sticking yet as the ground is soaked, it's a lovely scene.
    Croagh Patrick is just making its morning appearance now and it's like a blizzard between us and it, not much snow accumulation on top however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

There is an element of levity allowedin this thread!

Current TAF for Dub reads rain showers
    Perhaps posters here need to go to spec savers ... (I don’t think so)
    Says it all really about the veracity of the output from Dub when posters here are reporting snow at ongar and black rock on the coast

All outside the TAF area...

Time to drop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Taking a north side dart in. Will report on lying snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Just a dusting here in Dungiven, Derry. Cold though. My daughter and other kids on the estate eager to walk to school this morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Just took a few snaps, depth varies where the wind was blowing it about, it is about ankle deep on the lawn and 1-2 inches on the lane/yard.

S. E. Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Snow does not turn to sleet over Dublin Airport and magically back to snow outside it’s perimeter
    Supporting that analysis is Alice in wonderland stuff
    No one should be asked to muzzle that view

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Great shots Mountainy Man. Those clouds look ominous - there is more to fall.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Light flakes in Greystones at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Just a marginal dusting in drogheda this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Small dusting here in D11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭sjb25

Light snow falling right now in co Wexford (between ferns and ennisscorthy) believe it or not just small little flakes blowing in the wind nothing mad but nice to see and unexpected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Definitely snowed in Dublin city centre this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Snow does not turn to sleet over Dublin Airport and magically back to snow outside it’s perimeter
    Supporting that analysis is Alice in wonderland stuff
    No one should be asked to muzzle that view

The professionals at the airport who have responsibility over thousands of aircraft didn't report any snow, what possible reason would they have to lie? I'd take their word over a couple of posts on an internet forum

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Skies turning a little darker again and can see a few flakes blowing outside... Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Can’t understand the warnings when there was little snow anywhere. Can I ask what happened in 2010 was it unexpected by the weather people or expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Can’t understand the warnings when there was little snow anywhere. Can I ask what happened in 2010 was it unexpected by the weather people or expected.

remember that the warnings are not saying there WILL be snow just that there is a chance of snow and ice in certain areas so be cautious, that seems to have been exactly what happened, some patchy light snow over the northern half of country.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's worth remembering this thread was never intended solely to deal with last night.

We are in a cold snap that extends beyond that.

Many people got snow, some more than others. But that's life really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Reasonable covering in Kinnegad, small flurry a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Here's some pictures from my friend over in Northern Ireland:

9Hi3x7p.jpg

QlUp65O.jpg

ZEFi5r6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

inch of snow in sw donegal this morning
    435603.PNG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement