Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Thursday/Friday 7th/8th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Will it snow in Dublin today or soon? Have 5 unhappy kids here as I promised them snow this morning.

Big Blunder... As far as I know snow was never forecast for Dublin this early, it was more West and North

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Will it snow in Dublin today or soon? Have 5 unhappy kids here as I promised them snow this morning.
    Sunday looks good , more info in the next while Id say when everything’s a lot clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

It seems it did snow in Dublin today, just depends where in Dublin you live. I couldn't get over the difference in snow just driving 5-10 minutes from City west towards Kildare. From green grass to snow covered fields just kms apart. I presume there must have been a decent bit of snow in Dublin in places like Stepaside, Kilternan etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

North and west lol I don’t see any in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The sky looks so beautiful in that 1st pic.

Pictures like that are my favourite kind, they are breathtaking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Few snow flakes at Dublin airport now

Badabing wrote: »
    Few snow flakes at Dublin airport now

I'm like 10-15 minutes away from Dublin Airport and it's blazing sunshine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Flakes in D9... and it's snowing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

There's a lesson there somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm like 10-15 minutes away from Dublin Airport and it's blazing sunshine here.
    I left Castleknock as 8.30 was whooring down of snow onto the M50 toward Coolock and sun splitting the tree's,misses said it was like that for a half hour or so after i left

Why would you promise them snow?

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    I left Castleknock as 8.30 was whooring down of snow onto the M50 toward Coolock and sun splitting the tree's,misses said it was like that for a half hour or so after i left

I spoke way too soon :o, some snowflakes are now starting to fall here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Because it's snowing in Scotland

What kind of reason is that? Like come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BBC reporting live from Belfast on Brexit,the poor reporter standing on a roof in heavy snow and wind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

better relocate to Scotland so :P

Better still head up to Blessington - lots up there to play with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

That's like saying to the kids,yeah we will get the paddling pool out because it will be warm when its warm in Spain,thats an amatuer error right there promising the snow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I hope they torture the head off you till Monday morning.

Just assumed it would come over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Must be some 10 year old pretending to be a father ! Hysterical

Well then they have nobody to blame but yourself for the quite foolish assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

snowing in Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This one is on you chief, the weather in Ireland overnight is almost bang on the Met É forecast over the preceding 48 hours. Even the most avid snow bunny on here wouldn't be guaranteeing snow for anywhere.

Scotland has ski resorts, what does that tell you about Irish winters?

That we don't get as much snowfall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sure I wouldn't be telling my kids in advance about snow anyway - the thing I loved the most was when my parents would call me and tell me to look out the window and then there's that burst of surprised excitement when you see the flakes falling. It's better as a surprise, imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Irish winters are dull, boring and similar to our summers?

I think that pretty much sums up our weather, very little extremes of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

MJohnston wrote: »
    Sure I wouldn't be telling my kids in advance about snow anyway - the thing I loved the most was when my parents would call me and tell me to look out the window and then there's that burst of surprised excitement when you see the flakes falling. It's better as a surprise, imo!

They were the days. Never promise anything weather related to our kids

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

MJohnston wrote: »

It is a nice surprise..if only it ever happened :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That we don't get as much snowfall

QED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement